Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you wondered why early Christians changed their day of worship?
You falsely assume that they did.
Would it make sense to you that it was to distance themselves from Sabbath keepers who were being persecuted? Look up the Roman imposition of a temple tax.
Avoiding this tax was one reason they started worshipping on Sunday.
Again, you are basing this on the false assumption that the early Christians weren't always worshipping on Sunday.
Also, Constantine was not the only Emporer/King to become Christian or demand a unified day of worship.
Constantine declared Sunday a day of rest, not a day of worship.
Justinian also gave a decree demanding conversion to the church.
No, Justinian outlawed paganism. He never demanded conversion to Christianity.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do SDA preach more about the Sabbath rather then making Jesus the center of SDA preaching? Yes, I have visited SDA churches before. Everytime, not a word about Jesus, always centered their sermon on the Sabbath.
No matter your response I don’t believe you. I am not an Adventist either. But I have been to many of their worship services and very seldom hear a sermon on the specifically on the Sabbath

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
No matter your response I don’t believe you. I am not an Adventist either. But I have been to many of their worship services and very seldom hear a sermon on the specifically on the Sabbath

This brings up a good point. I fail to see why, if the Sabbath is clearly emphasized in the Bible (i.e. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy..."), that it wouldn't be prominent in every sermon. For instance, how many people rush out to eat lunch at a restaurant after their church service? Food for thought (pun intended).

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This brings up a good point. I fail to see why, if the Sabbath is clearly emphasized in the Bible (i.e. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy..."), that it wouldn't be prominent in every sermon. For instance, how many people rush out to eat lunch at a restaurant after their church service? Food for thought (pun intended).
Prominent in every sermon?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your position is not markedly different than the stress given in RCC churches to Mary, is it?
Except there is no commandment to worship Mary, but there is a commandment from God, that He personally wrote on stone to keep His seventh day Sabbath holy. Exodus 20:8-11 that is part of God's eternal covenant Psalms 89:34

• Winner
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,711.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Except there is no commandment to worship Mary, but there is a commandment from God, that He personally wrote on stone to keep His seventh day Sabbath holy. Exodus 20:8-11 that is part of God's eternal covenant Psalms 89:34

Catholics do not claim to worship Mary nor do they claim any such commandment. I rather think that your denomination does not claim and commandment to worship the Sabbath (please note that I did not say worship on the Sabbath, but to worship the Sabbath itself) which is a form of idolatry.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Catholics do not claim to worship Mary nor do they claim any such commandment. I rather think that your denomination does not claim and commandment to worship the Sabbath (please note that I did not say worship on the Sabbath, but to worship the Sabbath itself) which is a form of idolatry.
Interesting accusation that you would know what over 20 million people do and think. I know of no SDA that worships the Sabbath as a god, but we worship God on Sabbath like the commandment tells us to keep God's Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:8-11

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,711.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Interesting accusation that you would know what over 20 million people do and think. I know of no SDA that worships the Sabbath as a god, but we worship God on Sabbath like the commandment tells us to keep God's Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:8-11

Precisely and 1.2 billion Catholics do not worship Mary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Why do SDA preach more about the Sabbath rather then making Jesus the center of SDA preaching? Yes, I have visited SDA churches before. Everytime, not a word about Jesus, always centered their sermon on the Sabbath.

That is a load of Hooey---The Sabbath is instituted by God in remembrance of creation---in remembrance of His power, you can not separate Jesus from the Sabbath. He declared it His day, and we remind the people everywhere of these facts. The Sabbath is about Jesus. This is what others can not see for they wish to make another day of importance. Jesus Himself wrote the Sabbath commandment with His own finger upon stone and He began it with 'REMEMBER." We can not separate it from Jesus for He is the creator of it! You are not speaking the truth by any means!! All anyone has to do is listen for themselves instead of to those who lie about us!! You hatred of the Sabbath has ben duly noted by us all. It is not against us you rail, but against the one who wrote it---just like Saul. You may yet have your Damascus day!

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not an Adventist either. But I have been to many of their worship services and very seldom hear a sermon on the specifically on the Sabbath

Agreed. Most Adventist churches I have been to, in various states, do not emphasize the Sabbath in the sermon each week. They preach from all parts of the Scripture.

Having said that, a lot depends on the congregation. Some emphasize various aspects more than others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. Most Adventist churches I have been to, in various states, do not emphasize the Sabbath in the sermon each week. They preach from all parts of the Scripture.

Having said that, a lot depends on the congregation. Some emphasize various aspects more than others.
Yes and the individuals that are giving the sermons. We find that usually there is a topic or passion that most are moved to emphasize at least in part in all their sermons.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am more concerned they do not teach about being filled with the Holy spirit actually, i can't stress enough how important is to ask God for this. Its life changing for a christian... believe me. And of course the bible supports this, I don't care about days of worship for me there is no day, since the bible tell us to not let anyone judge you about sabbaths, and that for some one day is important and for others all days alike, this is in plain language, i don't know how you can misinterpret this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am more concerned they do not teach about being filled with the Holy spirit actually, i can't stress enough how important is to ask God for this. Its life changing for a christian... believe me. And of course the bible supports this, I don't care about days of worship for me there is no day, since the bible tell us to not let anyone judge you about sabbaths, and that for some one day is important and for others all days alike, this is in plain language, i don't know how you can misinterpret this.

You must not be familiar with the SDA denomination. This is just one SDA pastors sermons on the importance of the Holy Spirit Site Search | Amazing Facts (type in Holy Spirit) as you will see, your statement is inaccurate. The Holy Spirit helps convicts us of sins for those who listen and helps us to obey Acts 5:32, John 14:15-18, which includes the day God asked us to keep Holy Exodus 20:8-11. So yes, the day does matter according to God and Jesus who tells us to obey God's commandments over traditions Matthew 15:3-9

Here is just one sermon that teaches us the crucial need for the Holy Spirit.

Here is another one by Pastor Finley

There are literally thousands of sermons on the Holy Spirit by SDA pastors across the world!

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You must not be familiar with the SDA denomination. This is just one SDA pastors sermons on the importance of the Holy Spirit Site Search | Amazing Facts (type in Holy Spirit) as you will see, your statement is inaccurate. The Holy Spirit helps convicts us of sins for those who listen and helps us to obey Acts 5:32, John 14:15-18, which includes the day God asked us to keep Holy Exodus 20:8-11. So yes, the day does matter according to God and Jesus who tells us to obey God's commandments over traditions Matthew 15:3-9

Here is just one sermon that teaches us the crucial need for the Holy Spirit.

Here is another one by Pastor Finley

There are literally thousands of sermons on the Holy Spirit by SDA pastors across the world!

God bless

I already know the differences between adventists and pentecostals for example and i do not wish to discusss this, just that for me as many others being FILLED with the spirit is so important and biblical, and even if they teach about the holy spirit they do not seek being FILLED like the disciples did and pentecostals, so this was my concern. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Stung!!!

Jan 28, 2019
sacramento
✟9,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
Doug Batchelor says Sunday worship is the Mark of the Beast. Walter J Veith Says the Catholic Church System is the Beast of Revelations. Although I admire Walter for standing up against the Illuminati Satanic \m/afia, the Octopus with many tenticals and exposing it, Doug Batchelor is Koo koo. It sounds more like a Cult.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I already know the differences between adventists and pentecostals for example and i do not wish to discusss this, just that for me as many others being FILLED with the spirit is so important and biblical, and even if they teach about the holy spirit they do not seek being FILLED like the disciples did and pentecostals, so this was my concern. God bless you.
Before casting your judgement you might want to actually listen to the sermons. I have listened to hundreds and hundreds of SDA sermons and what you are claiming is not accurate. That being said, many churches teach you are walking in the the Holy Spirit but do not have to keep God's commandments. That is an unbiblical teaching according to scriptures Acts 5:32, John 14:15-18

• Winner
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before casting your judgement you might want to actually listen to the sermons. I have listened to hundreds and hundreds of SDA sermons and what you are claiming is not accurate. That being said, many churches teach you are walking in the the Holy Spirit but do not have to keep God's commandments. That is an unbiblical teaching according to scriptures Acts 5:32, John 14:15-18

Its not judgement, my mother goes both to an adventist church and a pentecostal one. I'm actually trying to help some fellow reader that can happen to read this, that being filled with the Holy spirit its the best a christian can get, and adventists don't seem to seek this like the disciples/pentecostals etc. Also i don't like how they base a lot of their doctrine in one person like Ellen White like she was some great miracle or something, give me lots of preachers through the ages and my bible please.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.