Why do people hate the Seventh Day Adventists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
On YouTube I watched how the SDA are a cult. According to my dictionary there is nothing wrong with being a cult.
I'm coming here late and only finished part of page one, which gives plenty of reason to post. They hate 'them' for the same reason that most of the church seems to hate someone....'In the eyes of those who 'think THEY KNOW', everyone is someone's heretic'. :sigh:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
None of which exclude Jesus from being Michael.
No angel would ever tolerate a man worshipping him. However, both Joshua and Moses were commanded to take off their shoes for the ground was holy---nothing an angel could state. Of course, Jesus is much higher than any angel!

Revelation 19:9-11 ...'And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.'

From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?".
Michael meaning

The name Michael is commonly translated with Who Is Like God?, but, more accurately, the name denotes an inquiry after the identity of God: Who's God? or What's God Like? As captain of the heavenly armies and expeller of satan, Michael's main mission is perhaps to inspire humans into seeking the identity of God:

Exodus 15:11
Who is like Thee among the gods, O Lord? Who is like Thee, majestic in holiness, awesome in praises, working wonders?

Psalm 35:10
All my bones will say, 'Lord, who is like thee, who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him and the afflicted and the needy from who robs him?'

For a meaning of the name Michael, NOBSE Study Bible Name List reads Who Is Like God? Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names reads a peculiar Who Is Like Unto God?
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Michael.html#.WEMHRIWcHY8

I love most of Walter Veith's and Doug Batchlor's teaching but please stop with the Arch Angel Michael and Ellen White stuff , the Muslims claim just as flimsy scripture that they say point to Muhammed as the prophet too ... Galatians 1:8 is enough for me to be wary and I will be .. But the SDA does keep the Pope and Catholics exposed .. I disagree but do feel at peace with the SDA's , and Veith's teaching on Creation is killer .. Jesus needs no help being God , not from Mary , not from an Angel , Pope or Ellen or any other created thing or person . He is God's Word become flesh , he is God .. From everlasting to the everlasting eternal Lord of all ..

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm coming here late and only finished part of page one, which gives plenty of reason to post. They hate 'them' for the same reason that most of the church seems to hate someone....'In the eyes of those who 'think THEY KNOW', everyone is someone's heretic'. :sigh:

I don't know that the SDA people are better than anyone else but their doctrines are more aligned with Biblical teaching than most; it is the truth of God that is hated.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
edit: would love to see a source suggesting the Inquisition stopped people from worshipping on Saturday why weren't actually Catholic.

Regarding the Inquisitions, the truth is expertly suppressed and you have to look out side the box to find it and you wouldn't accept it anyway; what do you think the Spanish Inquisitions were about; four hundred years to convert Saturday to Sunday.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/search/...t=0&q=inquisition&pvdc=0&op=and&cnt=10&sort=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know that the SDA people are better than anyone else but their doctrines are more aligned with Biblical teaching than most; it is the truth of God that is hated.

"most" is pretty much an; 'in the eye of the beholder', opinion IMO. ;) But, also IMO, we could all stand to learn 'a truth' we don't have, if we'd simply spend more time with others finding out 'what they truly believe'....and 'WHY they truly believe' what they believe.

FYI I spent every Wednesday afternoon with my SDA neighbor and his pastor, at the 'invite' of my neighbor, until he moved 6 months later. It was delightful, even though we had many disagreements over "Biblical teaching". The neighbor was an purveyor books on line. One day he even came to me to give me an original 1855 hard backed copy of a book by Thomas Thayer which supported one of 'my heresies'...in his opinion. :) But then, what else could he do with it? Sell it to someone who might be INFLUENCED by its teaching!!!! ^_^ After several months of intermittently discussing my heresy, you know what his 'end comments' became?; "I hope you're right."

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
[Staff edit]

Christ has said that no man knows the day nor hour, and again also says that it is not for us to know the times and seasons which the Father has in store.

When the Lord returns, it will be at a time we do not know, and do not expect--that's the whole reason we are called to faithful diligence.

[Staff edit] He comes like a thief in the night, when He comes to Judge the quick and the dead two will be in a field, one will be taken and the other left. When the Day of Judgment comes, no one will have predicted it or expected it. At any moment, at any time, and no one knows or will know. Which is why any and every prediction must be rejected out of hand. If someone says when it will happen, we are to reject that. No one knows, so every prediction is false. Every single prediction will always be false.

There are only two kinds of people who make predictions about the "end of the world": those who are lying and those who are misguided.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
On YouTube I watched how the SDA are a cult. According to my dictionary there is nothing wrong with being a cult.
I don't really care for the hate they show so well against Catholics, but I otherwise don't give them much thought at all.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Can you please explain why you don't think that contention and strife are sins? Thanx...
God doesn't sin. He punishes and chastizes. When men and angels are disobedient to God, they commit sin. When God punishes, He commits no sin; it is a righteous act.

Jeremiah 30
23 Behold, the whirlwind of the Lord goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.

Nahum 1
2 God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

Romans 1:18
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 2
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Revelation 19
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark wright

Dec 3, 2016
england
✟1,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Here the SDA defends itself:

Of course we should not hate seventh day adventists.
You also don't believe that the 7th day Sabbath is still the day of rest for God's people, even though there is zero evidence supporting the change.
But did you come to that conclusion from reading the letter of the law, or because you instictively already knew it in your mind, for that law is written on your mind and placed on your heart?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hebrews 1
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

• Winner
Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As is the case of Michael... it's a matter of perspective. It's a small thing really and not salvational so to continue to waste times and space to disagreeing lets just agree to disagree.

You are welcome to bow out, but Hebrews 1 emphatically teaches us that Jesus is God, not an angel. So I'll share the word of God with others who read this thread.

• Winner
Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't sin. He punishes and chastizes. When men and angels are disobedient to God, they commit sin. When God punishes, He commits no sin; it is a righteous act.

Jeremiah 30
23 Behold, the whirlwind of the Lord goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.

Nahum 1
2 God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

Romans 1:18
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 2
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Revelation 19
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
I think you are confusing strife with vengeance and wrath... maybe the word contentions would have ben better. Either way, Michael wasn't going to engage Satan in debate or arguments so He rebuked him.

Upvote 0

mark wright

Dec 3, 2016
england
✟1,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are welcome to bow out, but Hebrews 1 emphatically teaches us that Jesus is God, not an angel. So I'll share the word of God with others who read this thread.
Seventh day adventists believe Jesus is God so far as I am aware.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think you are confusing strife with vengeance and wrath... maybe the word contentions would have ben better. Either way, Michael wasn't going to engage Satan in debate or arguments so He rebuked him.

Michael let the Lord rebuke Satan.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course we should not hate seventh day adventists.
But did you come to that conclusion from reading the letter of the law, or because you instictively already knew it in your mind, for that law is written on your mind and placed on your heart?
I knew growing up Baptist that something didn't jive with hearing about the Sabbath of the Bible and us worshipping on Sunday but I couldn't formulate it at the time into a query as I was still young and didn't know many things about spirituality. Later in life, when I was far from God and living with and for the world, I came upon a website that stated that it was the Papacy that changed the day from the 7th day Sabbath to the 1st day Sunday... it immediately change my life and I have spent the last 12 years seeking the truth that was never taught to me in Protestantism.

Bottom line, I knew in my heart that something wasn't right and when I was exposed to the truth, my soul recognized it.

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Genesis 6
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Many do. But God is not an angel.
But the Lord is portrayed as an angel of God, correct? So how can you say with 100% certainty that Michael isn't the preincarnate Jesus?

When Jesus comes in the clouds with the voice of the Archangel, do you suppose He is getting someone else to speak for Him even though it is His moment of triumph?

Maybe you don't understand that arch means head of or chief, which of course Christ is. To say that Michael is a created angel belies his name does it not? Michael means "who is like God". Are you suggesting that a created angel is like God?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.