• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Why do people hate the Seventh Day Adventists?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by sparow, Dec 2, 2016.

1. sparow

sparow Well-Known Member Supporter

+222
    Protestant
    Single
    On YouTube I watched how the SDA are a cult. According to my dictionary there is nothing wrong with being a cult.

Here the SDA defends itself:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CodyFaith

CodyFaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,057
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    I don't hate them.

Adventists believe Jesus is the archangel Michael. Which is not scriptural. Whether they are a cult or not I don't know.

3. freezerman2000

freezerman2000 Living and dying in 3/4 time

+1,112
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't hate them..my next door neibour is SDA..One of the finest people I have had the pleasure to be associated with.

4. EastCoastRemnant

EastCoastRemnant I Must Decrease That He May Increase Supporter

+1,441
    SDA
    Married
    The world has always hated God's Commandment keeping people because Satan, the prince of this world, hates God's Commandments, especially the 4th that identifies the seal of the Creator. It's no accident that the 4th Commandment is the 1 out of the 10 that is forgotten... the only one that begins with the word "Remember".

5. CodyFaith

+5,057
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Jude 1:9

Michael is not God.

6. EastCoastRemnant

+1,441
    SDA
    Married
    That is certainly your prerogative to believe...

7. EastCoastRemnant

+1,441
    SDA
    Married
    You also don't believe that the 7th day Sabbath is still the day of rest for God's people, even though there is zero evidence supporting the change.

8. sparow

+222
    Protestant
    Single
    I believe the scriptures say indirectly that Jesus was Michael.

9. CodyFaith

+5,057
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Yes I do.

Coming from a background of going to convert to Judaism I'm more enlightened in that area then a lot of folks are. The Sabbath will remain the Sabbath for all eternity, scripture's clear on that. However, I will say that "Saturday" is not the Sabbath, but the Hebrew Day in Israel is (Sundown to sundown). So Friday sundown in Israel to Saturday Sundown in Israel. I'm not sure if Adventists believe the same.

How one rests on the Sabbath, is another thing altogether.

10. CodyFaith

+5,057
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Are you SDA?

See my post above. That verse alone clearly shows that Michael rebuked Satan in the name of the Lord. It also shows that Michael was humble towards the situation.

11. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+8,200
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    So are we to argue doctrines in this thread or are we to state whether or not we hate Seventh Day Adventists?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. Anguspure

Anguspure Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ Supporter

+1,544
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    Don't worry, they seem to hate Jay Dubs as well, oh and Christians in general seem to have a whole lotta trouble with other Christians in general, and then theres the Jewish problem, everybody has a problems with Jews.

13. CodyFaith

+5,057
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    I see an opportunity, I take it - LOL.

14. sparow

+222
    Protestant
    Single
    Michael is not the Father, but is part of the God family; whether an Archangel or The Word may depend on His job on the day.

15. Phoebe Ann

+8,200
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I have never disliked Jews!

16. sparow

+222
    Protestant
    Single
    I am not a member of the SDA and I disagree with them often. But I have noticed that Michael does things that prophesy has Christ doing. Maybe you are a Trinitarian, that would explain your difficulty .

17. Phoebe Ann

+8,200
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Well, there is only One True God. Angels are created beings, not God. Michael was a created being.

Jude 1:9
    But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

18. EastCoastRemnant

+1,441
    SDA
    Married
    Zechariah 3:2
    And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Also, did Jesus not have a humble Spirit?

19. CodyFaith

+5,057
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Ah, I see. God sometimes talks like that yes.

However if you read the two verses in context, the one in Jude is pretty clear on God being not himself, which is why it says that Michael "dared not" bring an accusation against Satan, but instead said "The Lord Rebuke thee."
    It wasn't the same way of it being said.

20. EastCoastRemnant

+1,441
    SDA
    Married
    You've never heard of our Lord being referred to as an angel?

Genesis 22:11-12
    11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Genesis 22:15-18
    15 And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,

16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Exodus 3:2-4
    2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

Read all of Judges chapter 6...

Actually, it is so prevelent in the Bible that the Lord is called an angel of the Lord, I'm surprised people don't know this.