Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
In 2016 many voters did not support either candidate and voted for Donald Trump just to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House. When I asked people why they like Trump, that was the most common reason they gave me.

Three years later we have seen the disaster Trump's administration has been from January 20, 2017 to now. If you like Trump, what are your reasons for this at face value? My confusion is I read about him and see a man who does not know how to lead a nation, but instead only cares about money (which God hates) and absolute power (which only God has) from my POV.

Please avoid discussing the "He is not a Democrat" and "I hate Hillary Clinton" arguments. This question is strictly about Trump, not the entire Republican Party platform.

Unfortunately I know Christians (none in my own family) who began to support Donald Trump back when he started the racist conspiracy theory against President Obama years back. They were burned up in fury about a "black man being in the White House." They became true devotees of Donald when he started the birtherism movement.

Donald embraces intellectualism. He thinks he's smarter than scientists, knows better than they do despite clearly being ignorant. A lot of the fundamentalists Christians who support him believe man & dinosaur coexisted, that global warming is a hoax, the Earth is only 5000 years old, etc. I don't think Donald gives a diddly dang about whether Genesis is literal or allegorical. Him thinking global warming is a hoax is mainly due to wanting his own pockets lined by those who don't want to comply with EPA. For Donald, it's all about greed, not about religion.

Donald knows how to pander to his audience.

• Agree
Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's pretty simple why I voted Trump. I can't vote for a Democrat that supports abortion. That would be completely antithetical to my faith.

My question all along as been why people like Donald Trump himself. Why do people think he is good, not just the lesser of two evils?

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My question all along as been why people like Donald Trump himself. Why do people think he is good, not just the lesser of two evils?

Inversely, why do people think he's necessarily bad? I don't look at people and decide whether they are good or bad, for only God and they know.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Inversely, why do people think he's necessarily bad? I don't look at people and decide whether they are good or bad, for only God and they know.

It is not only obvious every single day Donald Trump is totally unfit to be President, but also very evident he has been committing crimes for years - before and after the 2016 election.

God knows all of us are bad. We are all sinners. It just makes no sense to me that Christians support this guy who thrives on being evil and wants to do bad things instead of help Americans like he was elected to do.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not only obvious every single day Donald Trump is totally unfit to be President, but also very evident he has been committing crimes for years - before and after the 2016 election.

God knows all of us are bad. We are all sinners. It just makes no sense to me that Christians support this guy who thrives on being evil and wants to do bad things instead of help Americans like he was elected to do.

You're passing a whole lot of judgement without any corroborating evidence to support your, and let me emphasise this, opinion. Obviously the guy is fallible, and lacks a whole lot of tact, but neither you nor I know his heart, and if he was guilty of a crime why hasn't he been prosecuted?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) and if he was guilty of a crime why hasn't he been prosecuted?
Well, there seems to be a disagreement about that among people who know these sorts of things:
this guy says "no he can't"
Can the President Be Indicted? A Response to Laurence Tribe.
and this guy says "yeah he can"
Yes, the Constitution Allows Indictment of the President
so the the simple answer would be: "no clue, we're in fairly uncharted territory here.". :wave:
tulc(hey jameseb, long time no see bro!) :hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: jameseb
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You're passing a whole lot of judgement without any corroborating evidence to support your, and let me emphasise this, opinion. Obviously the guy is fallible, and lacks a whole lot of tact, but neither you nor I know his heart, and if he was guilty of a crime why hasn't he been prosecuted?

It is not an opinion when there is a ton of proof.

He has not been prosecuted yet because that is not possible for the President. He can only be impeached, then convicted for removal from office.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so the the simple answer would be: "no clue, we're in fairly uncharted territory here.". :wave:
tulc(hey jameseb, long time no see bro!) :hug:

lol, that, my old friend, is an understatement! The minute he was elected we moved into crazy, unchartered waters. ^_^:swoon:

Good to see you again, tulc. Hope you and your loved ones have been well. :hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Robert6671

May 7, 2019
Indianpolis
✟14,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A close friend of mine keeps asking me your question. As I keep telling my friend, many conservative Christians support him mostly on one issue. Namely, I refer to his pledge to nominate pro-life justices to the Supreme Court.
Yeah the one issue justifys putting a sexual predator, theif, liar, adulture, and around worthless individual into off. 40 years of lying cheating stealing over 20 times accused of rape and sexual harrasment. That is your name reason lol. Do you know what my mom had an abortion not because she wanted to but becaue she had cancer. The treatment would have killed the baby. My mom had 2 children who were still toddlers and she made a judgement call. And I hate to break it to you. Read your old testament the bible does not aknowlege a fetus as being a human being. This whole abortion issue has nothing to do religion, its personal moral beliefs and no one has the right to force there moral beliefs or religion for that matter on another. Iit is the one thing Christians and Muslims are like on. The belief that somehow they have the right to force there beliefs on another. It is why I have not been apart of a church in years. I do not need a church to have a relationship with Christ

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I was only explaining why some Christians support Trump on the abortion issue. I certainly did not say that I support the President. For what it is worth, I have voted Third Party for President since 2000, as both parties are unworthy to receive my vote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
President Trump is the best to do it because he's the only one who has promised things and then gone on to actually deliver them.

Donald Trump has obviously NOT gone on to deliver his health care promise. In fact, he literallly gave up. After John McCain effectively killed a party line attempt to replace the ACA, Trump stopped working on it. Exactly how is that keeping his promises?

Barack Obama OTOH went beyond keeping his promises, expanding "all kids" to all ages. When Congress tried to repeal the ACA, he vetoed it. He kept his promise for Americans to get health insurance.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, I wouldn't say it's been a disaster. I guess 40 year old men who were hoping to use the bathroom with little girls could say that, but certainly not the people who wanted jobs and a strong economy. The main reason I support him is to elect pro life justices to the supreme court. I'm hoping we can overturn Roe vs. Wade in the near future.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Donald Trump has obviously NOT gone on to deliver his health care promise. In fact, he literallly gave up. After John McCain effectively killed a party line attempt to replace the ACA, Trump stopped working on it. Exactly how is that keeping his promises?

Barack Obama OTOH went beyond keeping his promises, expanding "all kids" to all ages. When Congress tried to repeal the ACA, he vetoed it. He kept his promise for Americans to get health insurance.

I'm glad you put "all kids" in quotes. Redefining a kid to the age of 26 was quite a stretch.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad you put "all kids" in quotes. Redefining a kid to the age of 26 was quite a stretch.

No, I was saying Obama expanded the health insurance requirement to all people regardless of age. How is that not clear to you in my post?

Upvote 0