Why Do All These Racists Keep Working for Tucker Carlson?

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why Do All These Racists Keep Working for Tucker Carlson?
Blake Neff graduated from Dartmouth in 2013, and according to his school’s alumni magazine, “never applied to any job he’s landed.” Within four years of graduating, he was a top writer for Tucker Carlson’s nightly show on Fox News, the most watched cable news show in history. Neff’s quick ascent was due to the fact that he plugged into the right-wing media network even as an undergraduate, when he wrote for The Dartmouth Review. This storied publication, infamous for its incendiary pranks, was set up for the express purpose of cultivating right-wing journalistic talent. Just as the Review had earlier launched Dinesh D’Souza and Laura Ingraham, so it gave Neff an entry point that led to a job at The Hill, followed by work for The Daily Caller. Carlson founded the Caller in 2010 and sold his stake in it only last month. Carlson poached Neff from the paper in 2017 and brought him to Fox News.
tulc(thought this was interesting)

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is this:

David Duke, one of the US’s most notorious racist extremists, has reiterated his support for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign and suggested the president replace his current vice president, Mike Pence, with Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

Mr Duke is a renowned neo-Nazi antisemite and white supremacist who founded a Ku Klux Klan chapter in the early 1970s; since then, he has unsuccessfully run for office several times and endorsed various extremist figures and causes.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...cker-carlson-election-2020-a9609491.html?amp=

That is not to say that Carlson is all that happy with Duke's embrace. Let's see if he renounces Duke's endorsement.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is this:

David Duke, one of the US’s most notorious racist extremists, has reiterated his support for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign and suggested the president replace his current vice president, Mike Pence, with Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

Mr Duke is a renowned neo-Nazi antisemite and white supremacist who founded a Ku Klux Klan chapter in the early 1970s; since then, he has unsuccessfully run for office several times and endorsed various extremist figures and causes.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...cker-carlson-election-2020-a9609491.html?amp=

That is not to say that Carlson is all that happy with Duke's embrace. Let's see if he renounces Duke's endorsement.
I believe he has renounced Duke in the past.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is this:

Former KKK leader endorses Trump for president again

I'm not a Tucker Carlson fan but why should he renounce the endorsement of someone no one cares about other than leftists who use Duke to score cheap political points? In all my years in rightwing circles I have never come across anyone who quotes Duke or knows anything about him. Yet he's held up by the left as someone of significance on the right.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not a Tucker Carlson fan but why should he renounce the endorsement of someone no one cares about other than leftists who use Duke to score cheap political points?

Carlson won't renounce a Nazi and a KKK leader because it would offend many of his viewers. We all know that.

In all my years in rightwing circles I have never come across anyone who quotes Duke or knows anything about him. Yet he's held up by the left as someone of significance on the right.

He was a republican chairman in Louisiana, and ran for governor of the state as a republican. Beat out the establishment republican candidate with GOP voters. I can remember the republicans scrambling to convince the rank and file to vote for democrat Edwin Edwards to avoid the embarrassment of a Nazi and a Klansman as republican governor.

Edwards BTW, was no prize himself. A democrat version of Trump. The ads by the state republican party:

"Vote for the Crook. It's important."

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I decided that the meaning of racism was to include the name tulc I could then claim that you are racist. See how easy it is nowadays? I could even write an article and then someone could point to and say it's fact.

Truth does factor in on these things, and that's what trips up your plan. It matters.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truth does factor in on these things, and that's what trips up your plan. It matters.

If I change the meaning as has been happening a lot lately it makes it truth and fact. Just like only whites can be racist. That wasn't true until the meaning changed.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Carlson won't renounce a Nazi and a KKK leader because it would offend many of his viewers. We all know that.

He was a republican chairman in Louisiana, and ran for governor of the state as a republican. Beat out the establishment republican candidate with GOP voters. I can remember the republicans scrambling to convince the rank and file to vote for democrat Edwin Edwards to avoid the embarrassment of a Nazi and a Klansman as republican governor.

Edwards BTW, was no prize himself. A democrat version of Trump. The ads by the state republican party:

"Vote for the Crook. It's important."
Remind me why Carlson or anyone else on tv is required to comment on every crackpot who might watch his show? No one listens to David Duke, no one cares about him outsode of the left who use him as someone to attack Republicans with. This has been going on for 30+ years. Curiously no one on the left called on people to renounce Sen. Byrd, a grand wizard of the kkk.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Remind me why Carlson or anyone else on tv is required to comment on every crackpot who might watch his show?

That would be impossible. There are surely millions of them who watch his show avidly. But when he is endorsed by a major leader on the right, who is both a Nazi and a Klansman, it's a bit different. I can see the fix he's in; if he doesn't reject it, people draw conclusions about his beliefs. If he rejects it, he offends his viewers. Tough spot to be in.

No one listens to David Duke, no one cares about him outsode of the left who use him as someone to attack Republicans with.

Other than all those republican voters in Louisiana, who made him their candidate for governor, and all those republicans in St. Tammany Parish, who elected him party chairman. And Trump, of whom Duke declared, any white person who didn't vote for Trump was committing "treason to his heritage." That kind of stuff.

This has been going on for 30+ years. Curiously no one on the left called on people to renounce Sen. Byrd, a grand wizard of the kkk.

Probably because Byrd repented of his past, denounced the Klan, apologized for it, and tried to make amends for his behavior.

Imagine what it would be like if Duke or Trump did that kind of thing. Not likely, um?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That would be impossible. There are surely millions of them who watch his show avidly. But when he is endorsed by a major leader on the right, who is both a Nazi and a Klansman, it's a bit different. I can see the fix he's in; if he doesn't reject it, people draw conclusions about his beliefs. If he rejects it, he offends his viewers. Tough spot to be in.

Other than all those republican voters in Louisiana, who made him their candidate for governor, and all those republicans in St. Tammany Parish, who elected him party chairman. And Trump, of whom Duke declared, any white person who didn't vote for Trump was committing "treason to his heritage." That kind of stuff.

Probably because Byrd repented of his past, denounced the Klan, apologized for it, and tried to make amends for his behavior.

Imagine what it would be like if Duke or Trump did that kind of thing. Not likely, um?
David Duke is not a major leader on the right. That's the disconnect here. He's only a major leader in the minds of the left. In reality he isn't even a minor leader, he's a nobody.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I change the meaning as has been happening a lot lately it makes it truth and fact. Just like only whites can be racist.

That's one of those things the far right invents to try to minimize racism. While there might be some equally-goofy people on the left who would say something like that, the common usage of the word would belie such a foolish idea.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why would he bother dissing someone who is irrelevant?

Apparently not to Tucker's (former) top writer, who writes about (n-word) and how awful they are and "Jews will not replace us."

And from the Daily Stormer:
https://dailystormer.name/tag/tucker-carlson/
(warning: Neo-nazi site, mild profanity, and racist bilge, as well as praise for Tucker)

So there you are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Apparently not to Tucker's (former) top writer, who writes about (n-word) and how awful they are and "Jews will not replace us."

And from the Daily Stormer:
Tucker Carlson – Daily Stormer
(warning: Neo-nazi site, mild profanity, and racist bilge, as well as praise for Tucker)

So there you are.
I'm not a Tucker Carlson guy. He's a big government protectionist, I'm a small government free trader. That said, it strikes me that he repudiated the comments of his former writer. He apparently spoke at length about it last night.

Again, former Democrat David Duke is irrelevant on the right. No one has taken him seriously in nearly 30 years as evidenced by his increasingly irrelevant runs for office. The only people who take him seriously are liberals and even in that you guys only use him to smear Republicans withoutany context of how irrelevanthe is.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I decided that the meaning of racism was to include the name tulc I could then claim that you are racist.
Actually, what I'd do is ask you to provide evidence to support that claim. If you couldn't I'd tell you you were wrong about that. :wave:

See how easy it is nowadays?
See above.

I could even write an article and then someone could point to and say it's fact.
Did you provide evidence in the article? Links and such (kind of like how they did in the OP)? Because here on CF we tend to be interested in people providing proof for things...kind of like how they did in the OP.

Sorry for using you as the example just making a point.
Not a problem, I've been used as a bad example pretty much all my life! :D
tulc(and rarely as politely as Arc F1 just did!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)

Again, former Democrat David Duke is irrelevant on the right. No one has taken him seriously in nearly 30 years as evidenced by his increasingly irrelevant runs for office. The only people who take him seriously are liberals and even in that you guys only use him to smear Republicans withoutany context of how irrelevanthe is.
uhmmm...you do remember, David Duke never actually won an election until he became a Republican, right? :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0