Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
“FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” a statement announcing the departure reads. “Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday”

Tucker Carlson is leaving Fox News, the network announced Monday morning.
In a statement the network said "FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor."

He was far and away their most popular host. I know the liberals will be happy because they want to destroy any voice that is not their own. I personally wasn't into Tucker and rarely watched him, but I think this is bad news for Fox and its rating dominance. Unless they find someone even better to replace him with.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think its more about what FOX had to pay out...but yeah. Like one said.. its not wise to put someone out there that could be risky. President Trump (oh PLEASE anyone don't get stuck on the name) he didn't care for Fox news. This will cost FOX news even more viewers. FOX has been slowly shifting left.. I don't watch the news any more anyway so.. Jesus came died for the sin of the world.. and if you don;t know Him.. you will not be getting in. He is the only one that loves you died for you.. its not that this might not be true.. what if it is..

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch Fox now and then, but it went from being a conservative channel to a sensationalist, conspiracy theory channel. Getting rid of Tucker is a step in the right direction, but I don't really expect Fox to move back to being conservative at this point.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
FOX has been slowly shifting left..

Calvin.jpeg

-- A2SG, going from formerly favored official un-official government sponsored propaganda machine to losing defendant isn't a shift to the left.....

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

A top Putin official came to the U.S. and complained about Tucker Carlson being fired

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, a top Putin official for decades, traveled to the United States for a United Nations Security Council meeting this week and on Tuesday, as he chaired that meeting, with the UN logo in the background, complained that Tucker Carlson had been fired from Fox News.

‘Good riddance’: Pentagon officials cheer Tucker Carlson’s ouster

From maternity flight suits to diversity policies to Ukraine aid, the military was a favorite punching bag for Tucker Carlson. Now that he’s off the air, some Pentagon officials are quietly cheering his departure.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Tucker Carlson text on ‘how white men fight’ alarmed Fox board members

The board overseeing Fox News was so alarmed by the prime-time host’s text message that it planned to hire a law firm to investigate his behavior​

On the eve of what was expected to be the most closely watched defamation trial in a generation, the board of Fox Corp. last month reviewed a text message that Tucker Carlson, a prime-time star on Fox News, had sent to one of his producers in early 2021.

In the message, he described himself watching a video of Donald Trump supporters beating up someone he referred to as “an Antifa kid.” Carlson wrote of his conflicting emotions, hinting at his dismay that he had found himself “rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him.”

But in the most startling passage, Carlson asserted flatly that “jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight.”

--

To me, his idiotic racism is almost quaint, compared to his sick murderous fantasies.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Tucker Carlson text on ‘how white men fight’ alarmed Fox board members

The board overseeing Fox News was so alarmed by the prime-time host’s text message that it planned to hire a law firm to investigate his behavior​

On the eve of what was expected to be the most closely watched defamation trial in a generation, the board of Fox Corp. last month reviewed a text message that Tucker Carlson, a prime-time star on Fox News, had sent to one of his producers in early 2021.

In the message, he described himself watching a video of Donald Trump supporters beating up someone he referred to as “an Antifa kid.” Carlson wrote of his conflicting emotions, hinting at his dismay that he had found himself “rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him.”

But in the most startling passage, Carlson asserted flatly that “jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight.”

--

To me, his idiotic racism is almost quaint, compared to his sick murderous fantasies.
It's kind of amusing that his downfall came as he was attempting to be introspective.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

POV from a red-pilled liberal.
"Yes, the same side that once fought against the Black List and for cultural icons like Lenny Bruce and the Red Hot Chili Peppers was now cheering on defacto censorship by an oligarch. What a change from the old Left." -Sasha Stone

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

"Yes, the same side that once fought against the Black List and for cultural icons like Lenny Bruce and the Red Hot Chili Peppers was now cheering on defacto censorship by an oligarch. What a change from the old Left." -Sasha Stone
Its a bad test case. I dont blame even the most conniving oligarch for wanting to disassociate from Tucker "replacement" Carlson.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
FOX has been slowly shifting left.. I don't watch the news any more anyway so..
1) Imagine where you'd have to be on the political spectrum to think Fox is shifting left.....wow.
2) What a confusing thing to say. You have an opinion on something you don't consume?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Is this person, and you by extension, seriously trying to equate Fox firing it's own talking head with censorship? That is some Reed Richard level stretching there.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is this person, and you by extension, seriously trying to equate Fox firing it's own talking head with censorship? That is some Reed Richard level stretching there.

Tucker was a pipeline for channeling things from the dregs of the internet into a wider audience including conspiracy theories, culture war memes, white supremacy, Kremlin propaganda, and COVID "rejectionism" (vaccines, treatments, etc.). His firing has impared that pipeline.

Sasha Stone peddled conspiracy theories and Kremlin propaganda (and I want to say COVID paranoia, but I'm not certain), so of course he laments his access to a larger audience that does live in the "chans", Telegram, or other dregs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tucker was a pipeline for channeling things from the dregs of the internet into a wider audience including conspiracy theories, culture war memes, white supremacy, Kremlin propaganda, and COVID "rejectionism" (vaccines, treatments, etc.). His firing has impared that pipeline.

Sasha Stone peddled conspiracy theories and Kremlin propaganda (and I want to say COVID paranoia, but I'm not certain), so of course he laments his access to a larger audience that does live in the "chans", Telegram, or other dregs.
A writer for The Hollywood Reporter, Sasha Stone is a "she", and campaigned for both Biden, and Obama. Go back and read some of her other blogs.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sasha Stone ... campaigned for both Biden, and Obama.
This has no bearing on the fact that she's totally out to lunch in suggesting that corporations managing their own speech is tantamount to fascist censorship.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has no bearing on the fact that she's totally out to lunch in suggesting that corporations managing their own speech is tantamount to fascist censorship.
Really?

If a "Trumper" was on the Senate floor saying this about a member of the press, your hair would be on fire. Freedom of the press is to report on things other than the President's favorite ice cream. :icecreamcone:

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If a "Trumper" was on the Senate floor saying this about a member of the press,
Look, dude, as you yourself noted President Trump literally called the media "the enemy of the people", and frequently targeted particular journalists for their stories. As dangerously stupid as it was, nobody claimed he was violating the First Amendment (except maybe for banning Acosta -- it's not clear to me why you chose a story where the government literally took action to restrict the press to try to equate that to other politicians flapping their gums.).

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it's not clear to me why you chose a story where the government literally took action to restrict the press
Well, in Tuckers case they did as well. (Disclaimer: I don't have FOX News on my streaming service haven't watched it in 5+ years- I only see clips on Real Clear Politics) Those I shared, and others, sent their marching orders to their friends in the press(and they are legion) , to try to eliminate a "problem" (someone who disagrees with the administration's agenda)
If Sen. Schumer, or Rep. Cortez has such a problem with what was said, I have no doubt that the show would have cleared the hour for an exclusive interview/ debate with either of them. In fact, I would love to see them go on shows/ networks they disagree with, sans name calling from both sides, to make their case- Schumer, Pelosi, Jefferies, on FOX, Newsmax, Blaze TV, and Trump on CNN... oh, wait...

Upvote 0