Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think Jesus needed to die in order to have become fully human.

Jesus was fully human and fully God from the moment of His conception, and He was fully God before that (and always was). If He wasn't fully human, He wouldn't have been a suitable blood sacrifice.

Romans 5:12-21
Hebrews 8-10

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was fully human and fully God from the moment of His conception, and He was fully God before that (and always was). If He wasn't fully human, He wouldn't have been a suitable blood sacrifice.

Romans 5:12-21
Hebrews 8-10

Yes, but dying is part of human existence. I think that God experiencing death as a human was part of his mission.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but dying is part of human existence. I think that God experiencing death as a human was part of his mission.

Dying is part of human existence only because death is the penalty for sin. When Adam sinned, as federal head of the human race, we all became sinners. And each one of us are sinners. Death wasn't God's means of creating and it wasn't God's good. It's the curse... and it will one day be destroyed (1 Corinthians 15, Revelation 21).

Jesus had to die if we were going to be redeemed. All of us are born with a sin nature (through Adam) and nobody (from among us) could die for us since we were all guilty. God knew this. That is why it says in Revelation 13:8, "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." Also, He was promised to come from the beginning of sin.

Genesis 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Jesus is the promised Seed of the woman, born of a virgin from the line of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, and David. His heel was bruised in crucifixion, but the serpent's (Satan's) head was crushed. It's only a matter of time before he and the angels who rebelled end up in the Lake of Fire. He wants to take many people with him.

Isaiah 59:15-16
Then the Lord saw it, and it displeased Him
That there was no justice.
16 He saw that there was no man,
And wondered that there was no intercessor;
Therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him;

And His own righteousness, it sustained Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God killed the first animals (the first blood sacrifice) to make them clothes to cover the shame of their nakedness.

They weren't naked nor did they repent. Furthermore, God clearly did not forgive them because he goes on to punish them severely.

God requires a blood sacrifice to cover sin because the life of a creature is in the blood. (And death has always been the penalty of sin - Genesis 2:17, Romans 6:23.)

In the first covenant he did require this but there is nothing to suggest this happening in the garden.

Upvote 0

Circle Christ

TrueLuv: Jesus died-4-U Knowing you may not care
Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Someone has to know to look for a six year old thread that had no legs six years ago.
Is zombie thread revival a hobby here? Seriously.

Why did Jesus have to die? Because the parable relating to God writing a new covenant, contract, with humanity and his grace giving salvation from sin to those who have faith had to have a face. To see it in order to believe it.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He can't just forgive because He is just and holy.

That's not true. God can and has forgiven sin without a blood sacrifice. Think of all the sin Jesus forgave before the cross for example.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think Jesus needed to die in order to have become fully human.

So all the people who are alive and don't die at the second coming are non-humans?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They weren't naked nor did they repent. Furthermore, God clearly did not forgive them because he goes on to punish them severely.

In the first covenant he did require this but there is nothing to suggest this happening in the garden.

They did sew for themselves coverings of fig leaves (vs. 7), but that wasn't sufficient to take away their shame. When they heard God walking, they still hid. Adam's excuse, "I was afraid because I was naked, and I hid myself" (vs. 9). The Bible doesn't say if they repented, but God began providing a way of redemption immediately, first by promising the Seed of the woman (Genesis 3:15), and then by taking the initiative to clothe Adam and Eve with skins (Genesis 3:21). Animals don't give up their skins without killing them, therefore it was the first blood sacrifice. The second mention of a blood sacrifice (this time more explicitly) is in Genesis 4 (Abel's offering).

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Grace isn't possible without justice. Because Jesus died for our sins, God is able to extend grace to us. The penalty of our sins was paid in full. So God is still holy and God is still just, and we can approach Him without condemnation.

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" translated, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" is a quote from Psalms 22:1. We don't know for sure, but many have surmised that while Jesus bore the sins of many on the cross that the Father perhaps turned His face away because He couldn't look on the sin.

It's a strange thing for Jesus to have said on the cross, if he was totally willing to go through with it all. I still don't understand why justice had to mean an innocent person dying for the sins of everybody else, & why God couldn't have found another way for justice & grace.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I think there was a problem with the people created in Genesis, the men and women were not clearly called "good" alike the previous, and then God forms Adam from the clay, and Eve from Adam, personally breathing life into him.

Elijah certainly knew forgiveness or at least that it was coming.

Death is a spirit and it seems a force in nature. Death is cold, dark, Jesus is light and love, and that never died, but the grips of death and it's aims were exacted upon Jesus, and only then could they be defeated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I still don't understand why justice had to mean an innocent person dying for the sins of everybody else, & why God couldn't have found another way for justice & grace.
No worries.
A lot of people (most all on earth) don't understand and cannot even comprehend God being born a human and living on earth, let alone dying.
Remember
that everything God's Word says shows that His Way is Perfect, He has always known this,
and there is not even a chance that any other way was possible besides God's Way,
nor could any other way be better - God always does what is best, and He knows it.
As we trust Him, we learn this too.

Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think there was a problem with the people created in Genesis, the men and women were not clearly called "good" alike the previous, and then God forms Adam from the clay, and Eve from Adam, personally breathing life into him.

Elijah certainly knew forgiveness or at least that it was coming.

Death is a spirit and it seems a force in nature. Death is cold, dark, Jesus is light and love, and that never died, but the grips of death and it's aims were exacted upon Jesus, and only then could they be defeated.

After man (male and female) were created, God pronounced it, "very good" as opposed to the previous pronouncements of "good" in verses 10, 12, 18, 21, 25.

Genesis 1:31
31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Grace has always been through faith (Romans 4). Men frequently offered blood sacrifices (e.g., Abel, Noah,
Job, Abraham, (Isaac), Jacob, Moses) (demonstrating the kind of sacrifice God would offer) but they were accepted temporarily because Jesus' sacrifice was coming. The blood of bulls and goats don't take away sin, but God required it of Israel until His sacrifice was given.

I recommend Hebrews 7-10.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What could they do to repent ? (repentance is not saying "oh, I'm sorry", nor saying "I won't do it again")

Repentance is in the heart. I was responding to ewk1938 who said they didn't repent. The Bible doesn't say.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
After man (male and female) were created, God pronounced it, "very good" as opposed to the previous pronouncements of "good" in verses 10, 12, 18, 21, 25.

Genesis 1:31
31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Grace has always been through faith (Romans 4). Men frequently offered blood sacrifices (e.g., Abel, Noah,
Job, Abraham, (Isaac), Jacob, Moses) (demonstrating the kind of sacrifice God would offer) but they were accepted temporarily because Jesus' sacrifice was coming. The blood of bulls and goats don't take away sin, but God required it of Israel until His sacrifice was given.

I recommend Hebrews 7-10.

God does not specifically mention man as he does the beasts in verse 25.
In Genesis ch 2:5-7 there was not a man, but God creates one directly out of the ground and personally breathes life into him.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God does not specifically mention man as he does the beasts in verse 25.
In Genesis ch 2:5-7 there was not a man, but God creates one directly out of the ground and personally breathes life into him.

Just read it in context and it's clear that man is the only thing He created after verse 25. Chapter 2 provides a different perspective.

Upvote 0