Why can't creation scientists do "science"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
D1dTl6BUYAE-S6w

The shift in his stance is documented and known.

What Stephen Hawking believed about death, afterlife and the creation of the universe

This doesn't support your claim:

I think everyone knows Stephen Hawking was open minded and supportive of creationism.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians often talk about having a personal relationship with God. I am of a mind that christians should know basic science as a way to better understand the world around them, which in turn can only deepen their relationship with God.

Science supports creationism. There's no reason to hide from what the facts and science say. And every reason to try to be informed and educated. To cut down on the volume of fake news and lies.

FYI, if you want to quote sources, it's better to quote as proper text (e.g. not images) and include a link to the source.

Sources were lost when my old laptop died. All I have are screenshots of excerpts in some cases.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Claiming creationism is "patently false".

Is identical to claiming atheism is a scientifically validated and proven point of view.

Do you want to make those claims?
No one on the evolution side has made those claims.

And it also appears that you do not understand what atheism is.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I'm claiming that your claim that "Science supports creationism" is patently false. Science does not support creationism and even a cursory examination of the scientific fields in question will quickly reveal that.

Heck, if science really *did* support creationism then creationist organizations wouldn't need statements like this as part of their faith statements:

No apparent, perceived, or claimed evidence in any field of study, including science, history, and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the clear teaching of Scripture obtained by historical-grammatical interpretation.
They're blatantly telling us that science is irrelevant to their beliefs.

Is identical to claiming atheism is a scientifically validated and proven point of view.

I'm not claiming that and I'm not aware of anyone on this forum making those claims either.

(I'm also not an atheist.)

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There are plenty of other quotations that show his inclination to supporting creationism.

I get the feeling you don't know what I'm talking about though.

I get the feeling that your definition of "creationism" is different than the common usage on these forums.

I think what you really mean is theism. Creationism as used on this forum typically refers to a subset of theistic beliefs that may include things like Young-Earth Creationism, Old-Earth Creationism, and sometimes various forms of Intelligent Design beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Christians often talk about having a personal relationship with God. I am of a mind that christians should know basic science as a way to better understand the world around them, which in turn can only deepen their relationship with God.

Science supports creationism. There's no reason to hide from what the facts and science say. And every reason to try to be informed and educated. To cut down on the volume of fake news and lies.

Sources were lost when my old laptop died. All I have are screenshots of excerpts in some cases.
I am sorry, but "Science supports creationism" is a claim that you need to support. From what I have seen the opposite is true. I am pretty sure that you do not even understand what science is now.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

LOL! What has been claim is that creation "scientists" cannot seem to use science to support their beliefs. If you have any examples to the contrary I am very open to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry, but "Science supports creationism" is a claim that you need to support. From what I have seen the opposite is true. I am pretty sure that you do not even understand what science is now.

Are hypotheses considered not to be science? I'm asking honestly, at what point does an idea about nature become "science"..?

...A point of "conception"..?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
All I know is, atheists made this thread to discuss "science".

Being the resident creationist, I'm the only one posting any real science in this thread.
Nope, you have only made unsupported, and apparently false claims. Do you even know what science is? I have my doubts. You do not seem to even understand what creationism is. Creationism is about. Creationism is not about the existence or nonexistence of a God. It is about the biological diversification of life.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.