• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Why aren't you happy...

Discussion in 'Oncology (Cancer Support)' started by Stabat Mater, May 15, 2017.

1. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Jesus Christ conquers! Supporter

+6,817
    Holy See (vatican City State)
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    What's wrong?
    Why ain't you grateful that you've been healed?

This is some questions I have faced already in my few days as cancerfree.
    People seem to forget fatigue and the mental terror cancer patients and recovering cancer survivors have gone through and still does.

How can I be so so excited?
    Am I glad I'm not dying? Of course.
    But I'm not the same person anymore, im full of anxiety and pain.

Im so afraid that the cancer may come back, I'm afraid of dying.
    The bizarre thing is that I'm afraid of living again too.

Hmm, it's a very complex and weird state if mind.
    I'm suffering still :(

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Far Side Of the Moon

Far Side Of the Moon " The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)

+2,876
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Life doesn't come with a manual and even being a christian is hard..

That's all I have to say because I'm struggling as well.

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Saint Beloved

Saint Beloved Well-Known Member Supporter

+672
    United Kingdom
    Anabaptist
    Private
    You're right, living is complex, we are complex.
    Suffering is a part of life it's a side effect of the original sin, as is death. Death isn't something to be feared now that we're One with Christ - He has conquered death it's lost it's sting! The second we die we are safe with Him and no other pain can touch us. Try to make your peace with death, to greet it as a friend, a release, into the hands of our Saviour. Pray about it ask God to give you courage and we'll pray for you too.

Don't worry or waste energy on other people's reactions or questions, they're not walking in your shoes, just allow yourself to feel the spectrum of emotions in there own time and not question conformity to expectations.

God bless you. :)

4. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Jesus Christ conquers! Supporter

+6,817
    Holy See (vatican City State)
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    I don't fear death per se, I was close to death at one point and even got anointed.
    I remember that semi conscious I had peace at heart.
    God however had a different plan for me than to leave so soon.

I'm not so much afraid of death as I'm afraid of waking up in Gehenna.
    Am I a sheep or a goat?

I pray that God grants me purgatory when I die. I can wait for a eternity as long as I know I'll be resurrected at the final day.