Why are we vaccinating children against COVID-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you describing a few incidents in people you personally know? While this kind of anecdotal data might be frightening, it is not a persuasive, evidence-based argument.
Lol ok then. I should just ignore what I actually see and believe what you tell me.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People are getting much sicker from the virus. Orders of magnitude sicker.

We're dealing with a highly infectious virus. So no, people don't get to just decide everything for themselves. Not if they want to be part of our society.
Spoken like someone who is embracing a totalitarian regime.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Spoken like someone who is embracing a totalitarian regime.

Once you seem unable to respond to this without resorting to black-and-white/extreme thinking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)

Splitting (also called black-and-white thinking or all-or-nothing thinking) is the failure in a person's thinking to bring together the dichotomy of both positive and negative qualities of the self and others into a cohesive, realistic whole. It is a common defense mechanism.[1] The individual tends to think in extremes (i.e., an individual's actions and motivations are all good or all bad with no middle ground).

Why is that exactly?

And FWIW, wanting to live in a society where people actually care about each other isn't embracing totalitarianism. It's embracing empathy.

Also, there's a tremendous irony in Americans talking about "totalitarian regimes" when the U.S. has the highest per-capita incarceration rate in the world. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You don't know this. You just believe what you are told.

I know zero people who have had an adverse reaction from the vaccine but I suppose that antidotal data is inferior because reasons?

And please! You can carry it either way, so get off the high horse.

OK, however please remain up on yours should you fall ill and avoid the hospitals out of an abundance of caution.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's amazing how many treat the jab like a new religion. They have to evangelize all non believers to take their savior.
It's amazing how many treat anti-vax political view as a new religion. They have to evangelize all non-believers to accept their anti-vax plan of salvation and they even incorrectly invoke God's Word by twisting and distorting it to try to accomplish that.

AP21057768629446.jpg

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
know zero people who have had an adverse reaction from the vaccine but I suppose that antidotal data is inferior because reasons?
You must live in a cave. I'm not exactly in contact with a lot of people and know several that have had adverse reactions. Of course it can not be proven that the vaccine caused them, but I don't much believe in coincidence.
Even the ones with good immune systems often have a few bad days.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing how many treat anti-vax political view as a new religion. They have to evangelize all non-believers to accept their anti-vax plan of salvation and they even incorrectly invoke God's Word by twisting and distorting it to try to accomplish that.

AP21057768629446.jpg
Not me. I don't tell anyone whether they should take it.
I'm pro choice on the issue.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You must live in a cave. I'm not exactly in contact with a lot of people and know several that have had adverse reactions. Of course it can not be proven that the vaccine caused them, but I don't much believe in coincidence.
Even the ones with good immune systems often have a few bad days.
Ah, my anecdotal evidence is different because reasons, should have known.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not me. I don't tell anyone whether they should take it.
I'm pro choice on the issue.
You have been actively arguing against Romans 13 (not to mention American legal system and precedent) in favor of the anti-vax political agenda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have been actively arguing against Romans 13 (not to mention American legal system and precedent) in favor of the anti-vax political agenda.
No, I've been arguing for freedom to make one's own medical decisions. Why do you want to make it political? It's not.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's amazing how many treat the jab like a new religion. They have to evangelize all non believers to take their savior.

Said those who sacrifice their children upon the altar of Molech to appease their false gods.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Does that mean you're also in favor of legalized abortion?

It's only pro-life when it's about not letting women have any bodily autonomy. That's how it works, that's how it has always worked. Because pro-life politics is about the politics, not actually being on the side of life.

If pro-lifers were pro-life they would be the first ones out there telling people to get themselves and their kids vaccinated. If pro-lifers were pro-life they would be on the front lines demanding healthcare as a right, not a privilege. If pro-lifers were pro-life they would be fighting against discrimination, against poverty, and fighting for social justice and social welfare.

Some actually do do this.

But for the Religious Right it isn't about life. It's about power, power over me, power over you, power for them and only them. They don't care about freedom, they only care about their own freedom from personal responsibility. They don't care about rights, they only want their right to bully others and to force others to conform to them.

But now just watch as I get accused of supporting abortion, and all the various perceived "evils" of the Left, such as wanting people to live and have some measurable quality of life in a free society that actually gives a darn about people.

And now allow me wax religiously for a moment:

These are those whom the Apostle Paul in the New Testament "call good evil and evil good" "having a form of religion but denying the power thereof", those whose "love has grown cold". Those whom Jesus says in the Apocalypse of St. John have become lukewarm and He says He will vomit out of His mouth, because they claim to be rich, but yet they are poor; they have lost their first love. There remains hope for them, "See, I stand at the door and knock" "buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see" that "If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with Me."

A church that disdains the poor, that despises the lowly, and harlots herself out to the rich and powerful is a faithless, saltless, lightless, lifeless corpse; not the living, thriving Body of Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Apparently I clicked reply on the wrong post. I've fixed that.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's nonsense. Just something you're been program to buy into. A lot of religious people have taking it. Health and news programs are supposed to try to get people to get vaccinations. That's what they do.
Maybe we've seen the results of the vaccine in others and don't want to do that to our selves or to kids.
This is hard to believe , since everyone I know, that took the COVID-19 vaccines didn't have bad symptoms. I'm not saying some had no symptoms. But they were gone in a day or two. Most even less. Right after I got my vaccination. I was able box on my punching bag and work.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's nonsense. Just something you're been program to buy into. A lot of religious people have taking it. Health and news programs are supposed to try to get people to get vaccinations. That's what they do.
This is hard to believe , since everyone I know, that took the COVID-19 vaccines didn't have bad symptoms. I'm not saying some had no symptoms. But they were gone in a day or two. Most even less. Right after I got my vaccination. I was able box on my punching bag and work.
Anecdotal evidence apparently works only in one direction? Since you have not had or seen anyone with bad effects you trust your anecdotal evidence but not those who have had other experiences.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.