Why are we vaccinating children against COVID-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, this is a bit awkward for the pro-vaxxers. I guess they'll claim that this paper was written by the wrong kind of experts and scientists. But unlike some of the publications on vaccine effectiveness, the authors of this paper don't have numerous statements in the 'competing interests' section.

The new variants are more aggressive and youth are the fastest growing group of all positive tests.
The most current sources in your paper are from January 2021 before the new variants were an issue.

Since the pandemic began, children represented 16.2% of total cumulated cases. For the week ending September 30,2021, children were 26.7% of reported weekly COVID-19 cases (children, under age 18, make up 22.2% of the US population).

So children are now on an equal basis for illness.

Evidence from the first study of long covid in children suggests that more than half of children aged between 6 and 16 years old who contract the virus have at least one symptom lasting more than 120 days, with 42.6 per cent impaired by these symptoms during daily activities.Children with long covid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, this is a bit awkward for the pro-vaxxers. I guess they'll claim that this paper was written by the wrong kind of experts and scientists. But unlike some of the publications on vaccine effectiveness, the authors of this paper don't have numerous statements in the 'competing interests' section.

Why are we vaccinating children against COVID-19?

Highlights

Bulk of COVID-19 per capita deaths occur in elderly with high comorbidities.

Per capita COVID-19 deaths are negligible in children.

Clinical trials for these inoculations were very short-term.

Clinical trials did not address long-term effects most relevant to children.

High post-inoculation deaths reported in VAERS (very short-term).
Money. "Pfizer now anticipates revenue from the two-dose vaccine this year to reach $33.5 BILLION DOLLARS (caps mine) for the 2.1 billion doses it's contracted to provide by year-end. That doesn't include a contract struck last week to provide an additional 200 million doses to the US.

• Agree
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/tod...-covid-takes-toll-on-u.s.-children-2021-10-06

"Her son is one of more than 840,000 children under the age of four to contract COVID-19 in the United States since the beginning of the pandemic, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

By late Tuesday night, he was intubated and heavily sedated, wrapped in his baby blanket with his favorite Paw Patrol stuffed animal at hand."
Exceedingly rare case.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a focus on ages 0-18 years in the United States.

10/06/2021
0-4 years

5-18 years

(from CDC)
Right. We have an accident rate higher than that. That first figure of 0-4 represents a death rate of 0.0000078 percent of the population of children of that age. A miniscule fraction of one percent. Almost all deaths in that age range are injury or accident.

You don't take risks like that with children.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Because we love our children and don't want them to die.

That's called being a good parent.

The opposite of being a good parent is being a bad parent, and not doing what you can for your child's health--when it's free and freely available--makes one not only a bad parent, but an evil parent.

Don't be an evil parent. Get your kids vaccinated.
Also, don't starve your children, feed them.
Also, don't force your children to freeze to death, clothe them.
Also, don't beat your children.

Those are some of my handy-dandy recommendations on how to not be a garbage person.

And if it takes some guy on the internet to tell you (whoever you are reading this) that if you refuse to do the bare minimum to help protect your children from preventable disease makes you a bad parent, even if that hurts your feelings or upsets you, then that's what I'm going to do.

I'm not going to play niceties with people when the lives of literal children are at stake.

Shut up and get you and your kids vaccinated.

I know it's tempting to respond here, but nope. Stop. Get you and your kids vaccinated, and put on your mask. You're a grown up, Karen, now act like it.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
school kids are vulnerable to catching it

we've received 3 notices of exposure in less than 2 mos
would've missed 30 days of school- quarantine is 10 days

however, she's vaccinated so not forced to quarantine
I said catching and dying.

Children can catch it. Definitely. But few children catch and then die from the virus, and the vast majority of those who have, generally have had serious conditions already which left them extremely vulnerable to illness, and weak.

Such children would possibly benefit from a vaccine, and that should be decided by the child’s doctor and parents. But healthy kids? It’s giving some healthy children and teens heart conditions. That’s not good.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But healthy kids? It’s giving some healthy children and teens heart conditions. That’s not good.

While myocarditis (heart inflammation) is a risk of the vaccine, it's a much greater risk of the disease itself:

Myocarditis is more common after covid-19 infection than vaccination | New Scientist

Now a study in the US has analysed how often myocarditis occurs following infection with the coronavirus. Researchers analysed the records of healthcare organisations that cover a fifth of the US population. They found that, during the first 12 months of the pandemic, males aged 12 to 17 were most likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching covid-19, at a rate of about 450 cases per million infections.

This compares with 67 cases of myocarditis per million males of the same age following their second dose of a Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, according to figures from the US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Researchers added together cases after first and second doses to reach a total rate of 77 cases per million in this male age group triggered by vaccination, a sixth that seen after infection.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But vaccinated people can be carriers and spread it too. Being vaccinated ( I am) is a good deterrent from getting the symptoms of the bug yourself.
I agree that that's why it's so important for everyone to get vaccinated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because we love our children and don't want them to die.

That's called being a good parent.

The opposite of being a good parent is being a bad parent, and not doing what you can for your child's health--when it's free and freely available--makes one not only a bad parent, but an evil parent.

Don't be an evil parent. Get your kids vaccinated.
Also, don't starve your children, feed them.
Also, don't force your children to freeze to death, clothe them.
Also, don't beat your children.

Those are some of my handy-dandy recommendations on how to not be a garbage person.

And if it takes some guy on the internet to tell you (whoever you are reading this) that if you refuse to do the bare minimum to help protect your children from preventable disease makes you a bad parent, even if that hurts your feelings or upsets you, then that's what I'm going to do.

I'm not going to play niceties with people when the lives of literal children are at stake.

Shut up and get you and your kids vaccinated.

I know it's tempting to respond here, but nope. Stop. Get you and your kids vaccinated, and put on your mask. You're a grown up, Karen, now act like it.

-CryptoLutheran
It's amazing how many treat the jab like a new religion. They have to evangelize all non believers to take their savior.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing how many treat the jab like a new religion.

it's a vaccine, not "the jab"

my teen got 4 shots this year:
2 required for 7th grade & 2 for covid

she has A 's in every class despite doing online school last year which was not optimal
& her only tail is a pony tail

if the vaccine is SO bad, why isn't she failing school?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's amazing how many treat the jab like a new religion.

It's amazing how many prefer witchdoctors to modern medicine.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's amazing how many prefer witchdoctors to modern medicine.
Right up until they get really sick.

Stick to your guns people, don't chance getting stealth vaxxd or getting a treatment that could have awful side effects a decade hence, stay away from the hospitals they are all in on it!

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Right up until they get really sick.

Stick to your guns people, don't chance getting stealth vaxxd or getting a treatment that could have awful side effects a decade hence, stay away from the hospitals they are all in on it!
Yes, get COVID instead. Don't worry about the side effects. Death is not that bad, everyone dies sometime. And I'm sure most people can afford the care for the long term effects that many COVID victims suffer. Stay away from hospitals! It's much cheaper to die at home. And there are only sick people in hospitals. You might catch something.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Maybe we've seen the results of the vaccine in others

Are you describing a few incidents in people you personally know? While this kind of anecdotal data might be frightening, it is not a persuasive, evidence-based argument.

If you are discussing 'the results of the vaccine' in general, the evidence shows the approved vaccines are safe and effective for use in the general population.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People are getting really sick from the vaccine.

At rates multiple orders of magnitude lower than from the virus.

Toss the dice and decide for yourself. But not for others.

That would work if we didn't live in a society and have to interact with others. Civilization has costs along with benefits.

I would say I'm sorry about that but that would be a lie.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
People are getting really sick from the vaccine.

People are getting much sicker from the virus. Orders of magnitude sicker.

Toss the dice and decide for yourself. But not for others.

We're dealing with a highly infectious virus. So no, people don't get to just decide everything for themselves. Not if they want to be part of our society.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.