Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You mean "why does the Lake of Fire in Rev 20 that is on the earth - toast the earth?"

or do you mean "why is the New Earth of Rev 21 replacing the toasted-in-Lake-of-Fire-Earth in Rev 20"?

Bob
So essentially, the NC Jerusalem is gonna be dropped down on top of the burning OC Jerusalem.
That should be neat trick seeing as the smoke of the burning of the Old Jerusalem is going up forever and ever. Interesting

http://www.christianforums.com/t7434988/
OC Jerusalem and Lake of Fire

Reve 18:8
by this, in one day shall be arriving the blows of Her, death and sorrow and famine.
And in fire She shall be being burned,

that strong Lord, the God, the one judging Her
[Luke 19:41,44/Reve 19:3]

Reve 19:3
And a second-time they have declared "allelouia and the smoke of Her is ascending into the Ages of the Ages".

........ ..........

Reve 21:2
And I John, saw the holy City, the New Jerusalem descending from the God out of the Heaven
having been made ready as a bride having been adorned to the man/husband of Her.

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Smart feller then this. You are on a roll.
blessed are the artist musicians. For they have the spirit of Weird AL.

"Weird" Al Yankovic -Amish Paradise - YouTube[/url

Don't blame me. I didn't write it.:holy:

How bout Talking Heads :)

[URL="http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rev&c=9&v=7&t=NKJV#s=1176007"]Rev 9:7

The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle.
On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.

Talking Heads: Once in a lifetime - YouTube

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Aw--come on Coffee--get it right!!

When Christ returns the living lost are destroyed by the brightness of His coming (2nd Tim 2:8), the saved dead are resurrected, the living saved, along with the resurrected saved (all are changed "in the twinkling of an eye" into immortal and incorruptible and all rise up to join Christ for a 1000 years during which time, Satan is bound.--The earth is empty, void--resting---as in 6000 years and then the land has her 1000 year Sabbath.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Then we spend the 1000 years in heaven--the earth doesn't get "toasty crisp" until after the 1000 years when we all return and the lost are all then resurrected, try to take the city and then sinners, fallen angels and the earth and heavens are "crisped" (death and hell are hurled into the lake of fire--Rev 20:14 this is the 2nd death)---and the earth and heavens are made new and we all live happily ever after. The end. (Or actually, the beginning--hope to see you there!)--
Yeah, like I said, SDA eschatology is strange stuff.

So why is the earth toast?

You mean "why does the Lake of Fire in Rev 20 that is on the earth - toast the earth?"

or do you mean "why is the New Earth of Rev 21 replacing the toasted-in-Lake-of-Fire-Earth in Rev 20"?

please specify.

UFO speculation makes more sense at times.

If the earth is toast, then wouldn't that make the Second coming irrelevant?

Why would Jesus come back to a scortched earth?

Easy sequence - Rev 19, 20, 21. Just has to be read. (not a large novel)

Rev 19 is the 2nd coming, Rev 20 at the end of the 1000 years has the Lake of Fire cast down on the earth.

Rev 21 has the New Earth created and the old one -- already toasted in Rev 20.

Not sure why this simple 1,2,3 sequence looks like rocket science to some people.

So essentially, the NC Jerusalem is gonna be dropped down on top of the burning OC Jerusalem.
That should be neat trick

Well I did mention the need to actually read Rev 19,20,21 and see that the sequence there explains it.

In Rev 20 after the 1000 years the City of God is on earth (no fire yet according to the text) the wicked surround the city - and the wicked are then cast into the lake of fire, after first being judged.

That is what the text says

In Rev 21 after the old earth is burned - the new earth is created and the city of God comes down out of heaven.

Reve 21:2
And I John, saw the holy City, the New Jerusalem descending from the God out of the Heaven
having been made ready as a bride having been adorned to the man/husband of Her.

John refers to the "New Heavens and New Earth" mentioned by Isaiah in Is 66:23.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Didn't we just go over this Bob. It worked you fell for it. You see we do control you without you even knowing it We never were extinguished in reality by the Pope we just needed the world to think we were. And it worked. Oh Publicly you thought we were. and maybe for a short time it seemed that way but undercover is where the real damage can be done and has been. It is much easier to assume control when you they don't think you exist. Just ask the demons
I was gonna rep ya but your rep bulb disappeared :eek:
Did you get banned?

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seventh Day Adventism is not the only religious movement to have conspiracy theories about the Society of Jesus;

Indeed - Pope Clement XIV proved that already hands down.

Let's notice that Pope Clement XIV does not abolish forever - Franciscans or Dominicans...(Which is an answer for the OP on this thread)

recall --

News flash - the Pope himself extinguished the Jesuit order "forever" by "All the Apostolic power" that there is in the "seat of Peter" --

the fulness of our apostolical power, SUPPRESS AND ABOLISH THE SAID COMPANY:

Papal statement abolishing the Jesuit order – 1773. Clement XIV

"in the present case, we are determining upon the fate of a society classed among the mendicant orders, both by its institute and by its privileges; after a mature deliberation, we do, out of our certain knowledge, and the fulness of our apostolical power, SUPPRESS AND ABOLISH THE SAID COMPANY: we deprive it of all activity whatever
And to this end a member of the regular clergy, recommendable for his prudence and sound morals, shall be chosen to preside over and govern the said houses; so that the name of the Company shall be, and is, for ever extinguished and suppressed."

Or can that all be blamed on "non-Catholics" ??

How is it that Clement singled out the Jesuits?

Is there some way to blame SDAs for it -- if you are Catholic?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan, are you seeking attention with those repeated posts?

Lots of off-topic video-fluff flooding the thread lately - so I need to quote the post I am responding to - whenever I do the back-on-topic post.

Which of course is just saying the obvious.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lots of off-topic video-fluff flooding the thread lately - so I need to quote the post I am responding to - whenever I do the back-on-topic post.

Which of course is just saying the obvious.

in Christ,

Bob

I sort of know how you feel.
I was 3yrs old, standing for the scripture reading before sitting for the sermon at a RCC mass. I couldn't see who was reading from the pulpit.
I yanked on my mom's dress to get her attention as I had a very important question.
She was already raising her finger to her lips to shush me, so I had to whisper louder, "Mom, is that God?", I said, pointing toward the direction of the pulpit
She didn't answer, but some guy behind us whispers loudly back, "No, he just likes to think he is." That was followed by round of snickering.
I didn't 'get' it, but I found it equally distressing. The most important question in my life (up to that point) had been ignored by my mom, and made into grist for the joke mill!
I hope you didn't take my millennium jelly joke as a jab at the SDA, or you.

As serious as some of these people like to occasionally be taken, I would've thought they would have, enough dignity and respect to afford you some.

I admire your patience toward them. You're a better man than I in that respect.
Thanks for teaching me by example.

Reactions: Lollerskates
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.