Why are SDA so paraoid of Jesuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It is interesting, I am non denominational, and Rick is Christian (denomination undisclosed.) Yet, I am speaking most vehemently concerning the history of Jesuits, not SDAs, not "Ellen White Worshippers," not any other dismissive memes. (I cannot speak for Rick Otto besides his faith symbol shown.)

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Humor trying to hide intellectual dishonesty with oneself, isn't funny either.

Strange...you've not made many jokes. The ones that are being intellectually honest seem to be.

Perhaps it's the fact there IS no intellectual honesty in conspiracy theories?

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
It is interesting, I am non denominational, and Rick is Christian (denomination undisclosed.) Yet, I am speaking most vehemently concerning the history of Jesuits, not SDAs, not "Ellen White Worshippers," not any other dismissive memes. (I cannot speak for Rick Otto besides his faith symbol shown.)

And you've been just as prone to the conspiracy theory nonsense, rather then look at the facts provided.

But I'm sure this point will be spun around again to make the conspiracy theory more important again.

Face it, none of your "facts" concerning the Jesuits have any real basis oif merit, it's just a way to knock on the Catholic church and spread around faulty accusations, all cause you may not like the Catholic style of worship,doctrine or dogma.

There is a word for that, discrimination

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Strange...you've not made many jokes. The ones that are being intellectually honest seem to be.

Perhaps it's the fact there IS no intellectual honesty in conspiracy theories?
I think that is almost certainly true for nearly all conspiracy theories and perhaps for them all.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And you've been just as prone to the conspiracy theory nonsense, rather then look at the facts provided.

But I'm sure this point will be spun around again to make the conspiracy theory more important again.

Face it, none of your "facts" concerning the Jesuits have any real basis oif merit, it's just a way to knock on the Catholic church and spread around faulty accusations, all cause you may not like the Catholic style of worship,doctrine or dogma.

There is a word for that, discrimination

It is only conspiracy to you, and your lot. Consult the several declassified US documents. Cross reference them with historical documents. You can call me a conspiracy theorist all you wont; I don't care. What I do care about is ignorance. When you want to stop thinking like a civilian, and actually use your resources - declassified and archived - then I will entertain your lot, and take your incredulity seriously.

"Face it."

No, you face your fear, ignorance, myopia, and incredulity. Or not, but don't beg and plea why "stuff and things" are happening, and how you had no warning in the future.

I HATE saying I told you so, but I have done it often, begrudgingly. You won't be the first.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
It is only conspiracy to you, and your lot. Consult the several declassified US documents. Cross reference them with historical documents. You can call me a conspiracy theorist all you wont; I don't care. What I do care about is ignorance. When you want to stop thinking like a civilian, and actually use your resources - declassified and archived - then I will entertain your lot, and take your incredulity seriously.

"Face it."

No, you face your fear, ignorance, myopia, and incredulity. Or not, but don't beg and plea why "stuff and things" are happening, and how you had no warning in the future.

I HATE saying I told you so, but I have done it often, begrudgingly. You won't be the first.

Provide links to these "declassified" documents then.

Fairly simple.

But if you do, if you can't handle these documents being analyzed and deconstructed, then it'll just prove my point.

So ball's back in your court.

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

People posting in an orthodox Christian forum, that requires users to be Christians, are usually Christian.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm "outside the camp". I have fled to the wilderness to avoid the wolves in sheep's clothing, so to speak. There is much fellowship to be found amongst those who've suffered alienation of affections inside the many different camps. And there are many sheep in Wolfe's clothing out here.

I'm hardly a"lone wolf" Christian. And the, only thing I completely agree with Calvin on, is his soteriology. I'm one of the rare birds who doesn't indulge in trying to literalize the Eucharist metaphor with mysticism. Zwingli was a reformer who took that position.

I don't know enough about Ellen White to comment, but I have read plenty both good and bad, about Jesuits. Latest I heard was that Ignatius got the figurehead position, but his way was paved by men like Francis Borja.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Provide links to these "declassified" documents then.

Fairly simple.

But if you do, if you can't handle these documents being analyzed and deconstructed, then it'll just prove my point.

So ball's back in your court.

I Have My knowledge.

Go to the .gov websites yourself; I am not doing your homework for you. They are there in FULL. That is where I got my "conspiracy" info: from declassified .gov. I am not making the choice between IGNORANCE and LAITY for you.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I Have My knowledge.

Go to the .gov websites yourself; I am not doing your homework for you. They are there in FULL. That is where I got my "conspiracy" info: from declassified .gov. I am not making the choice between IGNORANCE and LAITY for you.

Fallacy

Either you can provide proof of these so-called documents, or you are just spewing slanted rhetoric into discriminating against one set of Christians because of there ideological slant.

We had another word for that back in the day, it was called the Inquisition.

So provide proof...simple...you want to back up your claim, do the work yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
People posting in an orthodox Christian forum, that requires users to be Christians, are usually Christian.

CHRIST YAHOSHUAH Is my LORD and SAVIOR. He died for the remission of my sins. By His blood, I am redeemed through faith in Him, and grace of God. He is my Savior.

I don't show my faith symbol because I have been reviled by my "own people" too often. But, the MODS know my faith.

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I Have My knowledge.

This is akin to me telling you that I have a toaster made of gold from 1976, I won't show you a picture of it and I won't tell you how to find out more about it...well except that you can try google. If you don't search for the right thing on google, you are ignorant.

It doesn't make sense, if you want someone to believe you, show them the evidence directly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Fallacy

Either you can provide proof of these so-called documents, or you are just spewing slanted rhetoric into discriminating against one set of Christians because of there ideological slant.

We had another word for that back in the day, it was called the Inquisition.

So provide proof...simple...you want to back up your claim, do the work yourself.

It isn't a fallacy. Go to an American website .gov and look for yourself.

As a matter of fact, I will help you out with comparing declassified (1997) documents with current events. Look up OPERATION NORTHWOODS.

YOUR CHOICE.

I am not going to baby your consciousnees. You choose to rely on me to provide you with "evidence," and/or to ignore it.

If it was me, I would do everything I can to debunk what I have said. But, as I said, YOUR choice. The ball has been in my court, which is why I can sleep easy dismissing arguments of laypersons, or the ignorant. The only problem I have is the progress halted by ignorance. But, certainly not by you or anyone else PERSONALLY. Every Human has a right to be ignorant.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is akin to me telling you that I have a toaster made of gold from 1976, I won't show you a picture of it and I won't tell you how to find out more about it...well except that you can try google. If you don't search for the right thing on google, you are ignorant.

It doesn't make sense, if you want someone to believe you, show them the evidence directly.

You don't even know who I am, yet you demand proof from me as if my "proof" is any more reputable.

Learn to find out for yourself.

And, you still haven't dealt with your accusation about a "nonchristian" posting in a Christian only thread, after I gave my confession and decree.

Edit: a .gov website is hardly google.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don't even know who I am, yet you demand proof from me as if my "proof" is any more reputable.

Learn to find out for yourself.

And, you still haven't dealt with your accusation about a "nonchristian" posting in a Christian only thread, after I gave my confession and decree.

Edit: a .gov website is hardly google.

I did not say that you were not a Christian, you misunderstand, I merely was pointing out that it is common knowledge that you and Rick are Christians so there is not need to state the obvious. (I apologize if I was not clear.)

I will do "research" on these .gov sites and I doubt I will find anything of note.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
So you've provided a declaration of being a Christian

Fine...you still have provided no evidence of this conspiracy.

Which means, again, you are just looking to discriminate against catholics here.

You know something, my family were member of the Orange Order, a equally hateful, discriminatory group. But eventually, my family left that order. Well before they had learned that the history the Orange Order was promoting was skewed as well away from the truth of events they celebrated into a vehicle of discrimination, ask the Irish.

At least the SDA's have White's writings

You on the other hand are providing, nothing....so you're viewpoint, if you are as unwilling to back it up is not only discriminatory but ignorant and willful.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I did not say that you were not a Christian, you misunderstand, I merely was pointing out that it is common knowledge that you and Rick are Christians so there is not need to state the obvious. (I apologize if I was not clear.)

I will do "research" on these .gov sites and I doubt I will find anything of note.

Forgive me for my crass, but I Care Not About Your doubts.

Find out the information. Learn it. Retain it. Have it for yourself. Forget about me; this is is your soul at war also, just like it is mine. Closed minds and intellect work only for the Enemy, and if we are both Christian, I am not your enemy (i.e. rethink your position.)

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So you've provided a declaration of being a Christian

Fine...you still have provided no evidence of this conspiracy.

Which means, again, you are just looking to discriminate against catholics here.

You know something, my family were member of the Orange Order, a equally hateful, discriminatory group. But eventually, my family left that order. Well before they had learned that the history the Orange Order was promoting was skewed as well away from the truth of events they celebrated into a vehicle of discrimination, ask the Irish.

At least the SDA's have White's writings

You on the other hand are providing, nothing....so you're viewpoint, if you are as unwilling to back it up is not only discriminatory but ignorant and willful.

Fine. You have made your choice, and YOU are responsible for your activity.

At least the other person indulged me, and chose to look up the .gov sites despite his doubts. You have made your choice, and are thus responsible for it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.