Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
So, you are saying that you belong to a church which has not the gift/spirit of Prophecy?

I just said I don't need prophecy, what my church's opinion on it doesn't have relevance.

Would you mind telling me, who, then, the following people are?
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:17

"...the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10
See also 1 Corinthians 1:6,7,8. Notice until when the Church was to have the gift/spirit of Prophecy.

Is the "remnant" something which comes first, or comes last?

Again doesn't matter to me, only to you. i'm more concerned about what the church is saying about Jesus' own teachings then I am dealing with Revelation.

Thanks for playing.

Upvote 0

Shiny Gospel Shoes

Nov 26, 2013
✟880.00
Faith
SDA
I just said I don't need prophecy, what my church's opinion on it doesn't have relevance.

Again doesn't matter to me, only to you. i'm more concerned about what the church is saying about Jesus' own teachings then I am dealing with Revelation.

Thanks for playing.
Revelation says:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Revelation 1:1
Reject the prophecy[ies] of the Revelation, you do not merely reject Jesus, but in actuality, the Father which gave it to Him.

For it is "the testimony of Jesus Christ" [vs 2, etc].
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Revelation 1:3

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since this is a Catholic thread on the subject of how SDAs view the Jesuit order... And at the risk of getting us back on the topic of the thread...

I have noticed that some SDA really do not understand Catholic religious orders in particularly the Jesuits. ... I am curious why the SDA is so paranoid of these Jesuits and not the Dominicans or Franciscans or Carmelites or even diocesan priest etc?

Let's notice that Pope Clement XIV does not abolish forever - Franciscans or Dominicans...

recall --

News flash - the Pope himself extinguished the Jesuit order "forever" by "All the Apostolic power" that there is in the "seat of Peter" --

the fulness of our apostolical power, SUPPRESS AND ABOLISH THE SAID COMPANY:

Papal statement abolishing the Jesuit order – 1773. Clement XIV

"in the present case, we are determining upon the fate of a society classed among the mendicant orders, both by its institute and by its privileges; after a mature deliberation, we do, out of our certain knowledge, and the fulness of our apostolical power, SUPPRESS AND ABOLISH THE SAID COMPANY: we deprive it of all activity whatever
And to this end a member of the regular clergy, recommendable for his prudence and sound morals, shall be chosen to preside over and govern the said houses; so that the name of the Company shall be, and is, for ever extinguished and suppressed."

Or can that all be blamed on "non-Catholics" ??

How is it that Clement singled out the Jesuits?

Is there some way to blame SDAs for it -- if you are Catholic?

in Christ,

Bob

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
some songs manage to touch lightly upon truths in religion ....

Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth (good sound quality!) - YouTube

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound

Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

Last edited:
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Revelation says:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Revelation 1:1
Reject the prophecy[ies] of the Revelation, you do not merely reject Jesus, but in actuality, the Father which gave it to Him.

Wow...judgemental aren't you. Nice to know you miss the point in the Gospels and stick to a literal interpretation of an event that's already going on.

;)

For it is "the testimony of Jesus Christ" [vs 2, etc].
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Revelation 1:3

The testimony of Jesus Christ is in the Gospels correct, which is why I pay them, the NT and the OT more heed then the Revelation about the heavenly state that you rapture people care way more about.

Thanks for playing

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The testimony of Jesus Christ is in the Gospels correct, which is why I pay them, the NT and the OT more heed then the revelation about the heavenly state that you rapture people care way more about.

Thanks for playing
Pssst!

I think they have a 'rapture' of a sort, it happens when the angels and saints all leave the earth for 1,000 years after it is burnt to a toasty crisp and then after the 1,000 years they come back to do something or other. SDA eschatology is a strange thing ...

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Pssst!

I think they have a 'rapture' of a sort, it happens when the angels and saints all leave the earth for 1,000 years after it is burnt to a toasty crisp and then after the 1,000 years they come back to do something or other. SDA eschatology is a strange thing ...

Just wait till they start about dispensationalism :p

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Pssst!

Aw--come on Coffee--get it right!!

When Christ returns the living lost are destroyed by the brightness of His coming (2nd Tim 2:8), the saved dead are resurrected, the living saved, along with the resurrected saved (all are changed "in the twinkling of an eye" into immortal and incorruptible and all rise up to join Christ for a 1000 years during which time, Satan is bound.--The earth is empty, void--resting---as in 6000 years and then the land has her 1000 year Sabbath.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Then we spend the 1000 years in heaven--the earth doesn't get "toasty crisp" until after the 1000 years when we all return and the lost are all then resurrected, try to take the city and then sinners, fallen angels and the earth and heavens are "crisped" (death and hell are hurled into the lake of fire--Rev 20:14 this is the 2nd death)---and the earth and heavens are made new and we all live happily ever after. The end. (Or actually, the beginning--hope to see you there!)--

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

When Christ returns the living lost are destroyed by the brightness of His coming (2nd Tim 2:8), the saved dead are resurrected, the living saved, along with the resurrected saved (all are changed "in the twinkling of an eye" into immortal and incorruptible and all rise up to join Christ for a 1000 years during which time, Satan is bound.--The earth is empty, void--resting---as in 6000 years and then the land has her 1000 year Sabbath.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Then we spend the 1000 years in heaven--the earth doesn't get "toasty crisp" until after the 1000 years when we all return and the lost are all then resurrected, try to take the city and then sinners, fallen angels and the earth and heavens are "crisped" (death and hell are hurled into the lake of fire--Rev 20:14 this is the 2nd death)---and the earth and heavens are made new and we all live happily ever after. The end. (Or actually, the beginning--hope to see you there!)--

Reasearch Amillennialism.

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
May I label you the quintessential optimist? I'd suggest you don't hold your breath. ^_^
Next you'll be suggesting they bone up on theist evolution.:holy:

I do believe my bubble has been popped :p ^_^

But it might be worth it to try...but....yeah, maybe not either.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Yeah, like I said, SDA eschatology is strange stuff.

So why is the earth toast?

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

UFO speculation makes more sense at times.

If the earth is toast, then wouldn't that make the Second coming irrelevant?

Why would Jesus come back to a scortched earth?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since this is a Catholic thread on the subject of how SDAs view the Jesuit order... And at the risk of getting us back on the topic of the thread...

Let's notice that Pope Clement XIV does not abolish forever - Franciscans or Dominicans...

Or can that all be blamed on "non-Catholics" ??

How is it that Clement singled out the Jesuits?

Is there some way to blame SDAs for it -- if you are Catholic?

in Christ,

Bob

Oops! It's going to take a little more misdirection and mockery than I thought, to bog you down, Bob.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yeah. Like as IF He could ever do anything about that. smh

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Yeah. Like as IF He could ever do anything about that. smh

Kinda negates the point of ruling the earth if his flock is all gone. ;)

Do pay attention :doh:

Like I said, UFO speculation makes far more sense.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
quote=LiberalAnglicanCatholic;66073641]Kinda negates the point of ruling the earth if his flock is all gone. ;)

Kinda negates the whole point of believing in Him if you think He's ever helpless.

Do take your own advice.

Like what you said makes sense at all.^_^

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kinda negates the point of ruling the earth if his flock is all gone. ;)

:)
Speaking of which, do we become Kings and Priests or a Kingdom and Priests?

http://www.christianforums.com/t4306995/#post66074944
What is the purpose of the 1000 Millenium?

Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
:)
Hmmm.
Some versions use "kingdom" and some use "kings", depending on which greek text they use. Interesting:

King James Version
5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

American Standard Version
5:10
and madest them to be unto our God a kingdom and priests; and they reign upon earth.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You mean "why does the Lake of Fire in Rev 20 that is on the earth - toast the earth?"

or do you mean "why is the New Earth of Rev 21 replacing the toasted-in-Lake-of-Fire-Earth in Rev 20"?

please specify.

Easy sequence - Rev 19, 20, 21. Just has to be read. (not a large novel)

Rev 19 is the 2nd coming, Rev 20 at the end of the 1000 years has the Lake of Fire cast down on the earth.

Rev 21 has the New Earth created and the old one -- already toasted in Rev 20.

Not sure why this simple 1,2,3 sequence looks like rocket science to some people.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.