Why are most christians against asylum seekers?

jimbohank

Disciple of Yashewah
Aug 27, 2014
✟9,520.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why it seems most Christians are against asylum seekers? For the political parties most Chrisitans support are the parties who are are openly stating to deport asylum seekers and even refuse to accomodate people that have fled their own countries due to war and persecution. Anyway Jesus Christ himself was a refugee.

It seems the people I personally know that are most passionate about the rights of asylum seekers are not Christian at all. Unlike some Chrisitans I come accross who believe that asylum seekers should be deported from the country.
I doubt "most Christians" are "against" Asylum seekers. I do think many are concerned about the influx of the evil that wants to torture and kill them at any cost because of their faith just as those who do not believe will be due to a lack of any faith, but actual sincere asylum seekers I believe are embraced by all true Christians. What we see going on around us right now has nothing to do with some unforeseen disaster that could not be avoided creating those who seek asylum. What we are seeing is a methodical evil plan to bring chaos and violence to all countries so that a New World Order can be realized full scale. There is only one way government can fully control those it governs and that is by taking ALL freedom away from the people. That "freedom" can only be destroyed by creating an environment where only the government has the ability to "protect" its citizens, thus the push to disarm law abiding citizens. Once morality, both social and faithful, is compromised, where good and evil, right and wrong are turned upside down, into some "relative" pseudo-gray area of "perceived" tolerance, then social chaos will certainly follow and martial law can thoroughly be instituted. At that point all freedom is given up and anything that the government wants to institute can be initiated without the sheeple understanding that they are headed o the slaughter.

The aggressiveness of world political and military affairs by certain countries no doubt creates a rebellious attitude by fundamentalists in every faith. Unfortunately there is only one faith that actively promotes the suppression of women and children and the beheading of those who don't believe exactly as they do, and it is not Christianity, yet Christianity will take the major brunt by idealists that don't have a clue about truth. Unfortunately, These Asylum seekers are being used as pawns in a sick game. Welcome to the End Times. Be ready faithful!

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
the loudest ones that are most opposed to asylum seekers in society are the ones that profess themselves as Christian.

Christians understand what Muslims believe and do, while the average person does not the depths of why Muslims kill and what their master plan is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a thorny issue that isn't as simple as it looks. There are many people suffering, but there are also many young Muslim men that pose a danger to the West. I'd say the best thing a Christian can do is help who they can, but be sure to introduce the Gospel. I don't know if the practicing Christians of Europe are numerous enough to do this in a large scale, and I don't know if evangelism, even when done with or after aid is given, would be seen as acceptable in places like Germany, if not illegal. But since Christianity is meant to transcend cultures and require its adherents to reject sinful aspects of a person's culture, then I think it ought to be attempted or at least offered if one is going to assist a refugee that is likely to be Muslim.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In a time of crisis and uncertainty and horrific and wanton Islamic terrorist violence, it behooves anyone to use wisdom and discretion regarding policies that would allow ISIS and any of their supporters to gain even further ground and/or expansion in more countries and spreading this:

ISIS Burns 19 Yazidi Girls Alive In Iron Cages For Refusing To Be Sex Slaves

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6365/isis-burns-19-yazidi-girls-alive-iron-cages-amanda-prestigiacomo

Well stated, Brinny.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Anyway Jesus Christ himself was a refugee.

It seems the people I personally know that are most passionate about the rights of asylum seekers are not Christian at all. Unlike some Christians I come across who believe that asylum seekers should be deported from the country.

First statement is wrong. He was never 'homeless' either.

The following happened more than once. The poor Muslims
threw Christian asylum seekers overboard to drown.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nghy-African-migrants-sank-Mediterranean.html

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,621.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Just out of curiosity - is this the general feeling in the US? When I was in the UK most people I know were quite eager to welcome refugees, though the government not so much. However, Justin Welby (Archbishop of Canterbury) took in some refugees.

Other European countries have taken in a lot of refugees. I know quite of few have converted to Christianity, which is good - though sadly there has been some controversy around it as some suspect not all converts are sincere, but convert in order to get visa more easily.

I'm very positive to the refugees. I think the claim that ISIS cells are hiding among them is, whilst possible, borderline selfish considering we're talking about many people's lives who are fleeing from terrorism and oppression. Many of which are Christians and hold the heritage of being the first church in the world. We ought to care for the poor and the needy and lay our lives down for them, in line with the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: martinlb
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I doubt "most Christians" are "against" Asylum seekers. I do think many are concerned about the influx of the evil that wants to torture and kill them at any cost because of their faith just as those who do not believe will be due to a lack of any faith, but actual sincere asylum seekers I believe are embraced by all true Christians. What we see going on around us right now has nothing to do with some unforeseen disaster that could not be avoided creating those who seek asylum. What we are seeing is a methodical evil plan to bring chaos and violence to all countries so that a New World Order can be realized full scale. There is only one way government can fully control those it governs and that is by taking ALL freedom away from the people. That "freedom" can only be destroyed by creating an environment where only the government has the ability to "protect" its citizens, thus the push to disarm law abiding citizens. Once morality, both social and faithful, is compromised, where good and evil, right and wrong are turned upside down, into some "relative" pseudo-gray area of "perceived" tolerance, then social chaos will certainly follow and martial law can thoroughly be instituted. At that point all freedom is given up and anything that the government wants to institute can be initiated without the sheeple understanding that they are headed o the slaughter.

The aggressiveness of world political and military affairs by certain countries no doubt creates a rebellious attitude by fundamentalists in every faith. Unfortunately there is only one faith that actively promotes the suppression of women and children and the beheading of those who don't believe exactly as they do, and it is not Christianity, yet Christianity will take the major brunt by idealists that don't have a clue about truth. Unfortunately, These Asylum seekers are being used as pawns in a sick game. Welcome to the End Times. Be ready faithful!

Excellent post, brother.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Just out of curiosity - is this the general feeling in the US? When I was in the UK most people I know were quite eager to welcome refugees, though the government not so much. However, Justin Welby (Archbishop of Canterbury) took in some refugees.

Other European countries have taken in a lot of refugees. I know quite of few have converted to Christianity, which is good - though sadly there has been some controversy around it as some suspect not all converts are sincere, but convert in order to get visa more easily.

I'm very positive to the refugees. I think the claim that ISIS cells are hiding among them is, whilst possible, borderline selfish considering we're talking about many people's lives who are fleeing from terrorism and oppression. Many of which are Christians and hold the heritage of being the first church in the world. We ought to care for the poor and the needy and lay our lives down for them, in line with the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ever heard the story about the woman and the snake?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why it seems most Christians are against asylum seekers?
Christians are commanded to be wise, and given the tools to be wise also. Because Christians have the discernment to distinguish between genuine asylum seekers (which are few and far between) and sham asylum seekers (which have a hidden agenda to undermine the countries into which they seek to gain access).

You are using the term "asylum seekers" with the presumption that all these people involved in a DELIBERATE MIGRANT INVASION are seeking asylum because they are under the threat of death or bodily harm. Actually they want to come to West to wreak havoc and bring death and bodily harm to the infidels, while swelling the ranks of Muslim among non-Muslims and thereby making Sharia law a possibility.

If they are genuinely seeking asylum, why do they not go to the Muslim countries which have the land and the wealth to support them materially and religiously? Those countries are all in the Middle East, and a fraction of the distance to travel.

The same principle applies to those flooding the USA from south of the border, or the boat people from Asian lands, etc. The drug wealth in South America and Central America is so great, that each and every person could live comfortably where they are, receive a good education, and have a decent job. Yet they are being encouraged to enter as illegals immigrants and plead "asylum seeker" status (knowing the idiocy of the American and Canadian governments) in order to destroy the well-being of those who are genuine citizens. Gangsters and terrorists claim to be asylum seekers also.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
First statement is wrong. He was never 'homeless' either.
With no reference to anything else in the thread or the forum,
why do you differ with the Bible about this ?
Clearly Jesus and the Apostles and the disciples were homeless at times.
Perhaps you got information from somewhere else ? (not that it matters- just strange that anyone would think Jesus and the Apostles and the disciples were not homeless at times - even TODAY)

Upvote 0

kmrichard7

May 20, 2015
✟10,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wonder the same thing every day.

A woman I know who has been a mentor since I have met her, whose faith has been unquestionable since I have met her, was speaking against allowing the refugees into our country. She feared ISIS attacks.

I pointed out to her that she needs to have faith that everything will happen according to Gods plan, that it is all in His hands and we need to do our part to help those in need, and leave the rest up to God.

Her stance changed for about two weeks and now it's back to fear again. It seems to all boil down to fear and as someone once told me "If you're without faith you are with fear, if you are without fear you are with faith."

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not against Asylum-Seekers......I am against law breaking individuals that seek Asylum!

Indeed. Or that use genuine refugees as a smokescreen to hide behind for the purpose of infiltration into a country for deadly purposes.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Christians are commanded to be wise, and given the tools to be wise also. Because Christians have the discernment to distinguish between genuine asylum seekers (which are few and far between) and sham asylum seekers (which have a hidden agenda to undermine the countries into which they seek to gain access).

You are using the term "asylum seekers" with the presumption that all these people involved in a DELIBERATE MIGRANT INVASION are seeking asylum because they are under the threat of death or bodily harm. Actually they want to come to West to wreak havoc and bring death and bodily harm to the infidels, while swelling the ranks of Muslim among non-Muslims and thereby making Sharia law a possibility.

If they are genuinely seeking asylum, why do they not go to the Muslim countries which have the land and the wealth to support them materially and religiously? Those countries are all in the Middle East, and a fraction of the distance to travel.

The same principle applies to those flooding the USA from south of the border, or the boat people from Asian lands, etc. The drug wealth in South America and Central America is so great, that each and every person could live comfortably where they are, receive a good education, and have a decent job. Yet they are being encouraged to enter as illegals immigrants and plead "asylum seeker" status (knowing the idiocy of the American and Canadian governments) in order to destroy the well-being of those who are genuine citizens. Gangsters and terrorists claim to be asylum seekers also.

This.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

A woman I know who has been a mentor since I have met her, whose faith has been unquestionable since I have met her, was speaking against allowing the refugees into our country. She feared ISIS attacks.

I pointed out to her that she needs to have faith that everything will happen according to Gods plan, that it is all in His hands and we need to do our part to help those in need, and leave the rest up to God.

Her stance changed for about two weeks and now it's back to fear again. It seems to all boil down to fear and as someone once told me "If you're without faith you are with fear, if you are without fear you are with faith."

Why WOULDN'T she fear ISIS attacks, since ISIS attacks are worldwide...in the last week or so there were unspeakable atrocities, such as putting young girls and women in a metal cage and burning them alive because these girls would not agree to be ISIS sex slaves.

What i suspect is that the "fear" is based on the fact that these monstrous acts continue and nothing is stopping them, while the brutal monstrous acts continue, spreading world wide:

Isis burns 19 Yazidi women to death in Mosul for 'refusing to have sex with fighters'
The women were reportedly burned to death in iron cages because they refused to have sex with Isis fighters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...to-have-sex-with-isis-militants-a7066956.html

Here's a bit more:

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Yes, well even in regards to economic refugges, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob moved to Egypt when harsh conditions existed in Cannan. Also Abraham original homeland was really far from Cannan in the city of Ur, so Ur is not a neighbour to Cannan. Also Ruth was a economic refugee that settled in the promised land. There are also cases of refugees fleeing from persecution of the land such as Moses and Jesus.
http://mattdarvas.com/2013/07/19/5-biblical-reasons-christians-must-care-for-asylum-seekers/
Of course I see posters here stating that muslim countries should bring in the refugees and aid them. Even so, Christians should play a major role in assisting the refugees whereever they are. Infact muslim refugees may have not known or had any real encounters with Christians in their life. It may be the first time in their life to encounted kind hearted Christians. With this the Christian aid workers can share the good news of Jesus to them.

Reactions: kmrichard7
Upvote 0

kmrichard7

May 20, 2015
✟10,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why WOULDN'T she fear ISIS attacks, since ISIS attacks are worldwide...in the last week or so there were unspeakable atrocities, such as putting young girls and women in a metal cage and burning them alive because these girls would not agree to be ISIS sex slaves.

What i suspect is that the "fear" is based on the fact that these monstrous acts continue and nothing is stopping them, while the brutal monstrous acts continue, spreading world wide:

Isis burns 19 Yazidi women to death in Mosul for 'refusing to have sex with fighters'
The women were reportedly burned to death in iron cages because they refused to have sex with Isis fighters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...to-have-sex-with-isis-militants-a7066956.html

Here's a bit more:

Keeping refugees out did not stop the shooting in Orlando. The assailant was an American born man.

ISIS is something to be feared but nothing to keep us from being faithful and loving.

Jesus, knowing he was going to be nailed to the cross after being badly beaten, did not walk away from saving the souls of His followers. We should not walk away from those who need saving today because we fear.

I don't want anything to happen here in America, but I have faith that everything that happens is in Gods hands, so I will continue to pray for and work toward doing the morally correct thing even if no one else does.

Reactions: martinlb
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Keeping refugees out did not stop the shooting in Orlando. The assailant was an American born man.

ISIS is something to be feared but nothing to keep us from being faithful and loving.

Jesus, knowing he was going to be nailed to the cross after being badly beaten, did not walk away from saving the souls of His followers. We should not walk away from those who need saving today because we fear.

I don't want anything to happen here in America, but I have faith that everything that happens is in Gods hands, so I will continue to pray for and work toward doing the morally correct thing even if no one else does.

The mentor you mentioned sounds very wise.

Negligence and standing by while evil spreads and grows is abominable to God, and is akin to bowing down to evil. It is also cowardice.

We are to stand strong against evil. Otherwise we collude with it.

That is not of God.

Reactions: Athanasius88
Upvote 0