Why are most christians against asylum seekers?

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Most Christians I know support compassion towards asylum seekers. My own church runs games evenings and language courses to help these people out.
The Pope is pretty LOUD about taking in the refugees.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Also I like to add all the mass shootings done in America were by American citizens, not refugees or asylum seekers.

The ratio of migrants to US citizens should be microscopically small, so if there is even one mass shooting it would be disproportionate based on populations involved. I am thinking of San Bernardino shooting that the FBI investigated a few months back.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why it seems most Christians are against asylum seekers? For the political parties most Chrisitans support are the parties who are are openly stating to deport asylum seekers and even refuse to accomodate people that have fled their own countries due to war and persecution. Anyway Jesus Christ himself was a refugee.

It seems the people I personally know that are most passionate about the rights of asylum seekers are not Christian at all. Unlike some Chrisitans I come accross who believe that asylum seekers should be deported from the country.
Many I known that claim Christ put American exeptionalism on part or ahead of his teachings, so they feel superior to those who are in need and not like they are deserving of help. Same crew trying to make Trump president.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Most Christians I know support compassion towards asylum seekers. My own church runs games evenings and language courses to help these people out.

But it one thing to welcome Christians fleeing Muslim persecution or for that matter broken human beings fleeing Muslim persecution. It is another to oppose large scale economic migrations from failed muslim countries in North Africa or radical Islamic or criminal infiltration. Christians can be on both sides depending on their experiences but I think a proper Christian position must balance these considerations.
How does one balance hate and love?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A bunch of hot air mixed with just enough hate to make any human with a heart cringe.

LOL!

Not a fan, my friend?

(Did you actually hear what he said in its entirety?)

He is FOR us.

Not AGAINST us.

He LOVES this country.

He ALWAYS has.

Give him a chance, eh amigo?

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
LOL!

Not a fan, my friend?

(Did you actually hear what he said in its entirety?)

He is FOR us.

Not AGAINST us.

He LOVES this country.

He ALWAYS has.

Give him a chance, eh amigo?
I never want to give evil a chance again. I voted twice in my misguided youth for a dirt bag who started two wars, one of which I went to. The suffering I witnessed showed me that no one with an ounce of compassion could possibly continue to buy into this farce. Trump and Hillary are both bottom of the barrel, I loath Trump the most because I used to be a Republican and most of my family members are as well and I plead daily with them not to help put the dirt bag in office. There are no chances being given by me, governments destroy, governments with guys like Trump in charge, they destroy everything.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I never want to give evil a chance again. I voted twice in my misguided youth for a dirt bag who started two wars, one of which I went to. The suffering I witnessed showed me that no one with an ounce of compassion could possibly continue to buy into this farce. Trump and Hillary are both bottom of the barrel, I loath Trump the most because I used to be a Republican and most of my family members are as well and I plead daily with them not to help put the dirt bag in office. There are no chances being given by me, governments destroy, governments with guys like Trump in charge, they destroy everything.

Aah, ok. I understand. I was the same about Bush, who i used to support, and then realized the horror of that.

Donald Trump is not Bush, however, my friend.

The reason he caught my ear is because he's NOT Bush and he is outside the circle of the huge political machine.

I had no interest in Trump at all before that and didn't take him seriously because he was a man who said "you're fired" on tv.

But then, i heard what he was saying.

He was the only one who brought up the difficult issues that nobody else would bring up, even all the candidates running as a Republican during the debates.

They turned my stomach.

What cowards.

THAT is when i paid attention to Trump.

I do understand, however why you have the stand that you do. And i respect that.

Just wanted to give you a window of why i would support Trump, my friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does one balance hate and love?

Wrong question cause it is not hatred to bar economic migrants, criminals or terrorists. It is hatred when you bunch asylum seekers in with such people as if they were one and the same.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wrong question cause it is not hatred to bar economic migrants, criminals or terrorists. It is hatred when you bunch asylum seekers in with such people as if they were one and the same.
Hmmm. Sounds like a good Trump speil, but no truth I can detect.

Upvote 0