Why are most christians against asylum seekers?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
...by the way, speaking of Trump, here's one of his supporters....the issue of illegal immigrants is brought up during the conversation:

well Trump is not racist but he has some unwise policies. Also the latest terrorist was legally able to buy that very gun that was eventually used in that fateful day. Yet that is another topic. Trump states that he will make America great again but only God can do that.

Without the ISIS and war there would be no middle eastern refugees fleeing to Europe and beyond. Also the US and the West has brought greater instability in that region as well.

If your house was bombed and people within your country wants to kill you, you would obviously want to take your family away from that country. Thats why so many people from the Middle East are fleeing from war torn nations.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
well Trump is not racist but he has some unwise policies. Also the latest terrorist was legally able to buy that very gun to shoot all those people. Yet that is another topic. Trump states that he will make America great again but only God can do that.

Without the ISIS and war there would be no middle eastern refugees fleeing to Europe and beyond. Also the US and the West has brought greater instability in that region as well.

If your house was bombed and people within your country wants to kill you, you would obviously want to take your family away from that country. Thats why so many people from the Middle East are fleeing from war torn nations.

The bottom line is that those who are bombing those houses and want to kill said people in that country need to be dealt with.

Do you know the story of the babies and the water?

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The bottom line is that those who are bombing those houses and want to kill said people in that country need to be dealt with.

Do you know the story of the babies and the water?
no I don't know the story of the babies and the water. Anyway here is a short clip of Syrian and Iraqi refugees protesting against the terrorist attack:

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
no I don't know the story of the babies and the water. Anyway here is a short clip of Syrian and Iraqi refugees protesting against the terrorist attack:

ok, but why are you showing me that?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why it seems most Christians are against asylum seekers? For the political parties most Chrisitans support are the parties who are are openly stating to deport asylum seekers and even refuse to accomodate people that have fled their own countries due to war and persecution. Anyway Jesus Christ himself was a refugee.

It seems the people I personally know that are most passionate about the rights of asylum seekers are not Christian at all. Unlike some Chrisitans I come accross who believe that asylum seekers should be deported from the country.
This requires re-think, as some would say.
Who is "most Christians" ?
Have they done what Jesus said ever in their life ? (just to be His , even) (or are they not His yet?)

Jesus Christ Himself is still hated by the world, as are His followers. His own followers/disciples are often
without help from "Christians"/ countries/ etc , but instead are persecuted themselves.
His followers WILL open their homes to people in need, as God directs in His Word.
His followers HAVE NO SAY SO in what the country does nor how it treats refugees,
except by PRAYER. (fervent prayer of a righteous man has results as God says).

People you personally know .... .... .... well, Jesus said not to imitate nor try to do what the gentiles do, nor any idolators, nor the greedy, nor liars, nor those who serve any other gods. Everything they do is in vain (empty) . (Even so- God the Almighty Sovereign holds the hearts even of KINGS in HIS HAND - God can direct the steps EVEN of the pagans, as God Pleases).

Reactions: martinlb
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In a time of crisis and uncertainty and horrific and wanton Islamic terrorist violence, it behooves anyone to use wisdom and discretion regarding policies that would allow ISIS and any of their supporters to gain even further ground and/or expansion in more countries and spreading this:

ISIS Burns 19 Yazidi Girls Alive In Iron Cages For Refusing To Be Sex Slaves

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6365/isis-burns-19-yazidi-girls-alive-iron-cages-amanda-prestigiacomo

Or you can welcome yazidis into a free country thereby saving their lives , befriend them and pray for their salvation

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Or you can welcome yazidis into a free country thereby saving their lives , befriend them and pray for their salvation

Indeed.

Nevertheless, the Islamic terrorists who do such horrors need to be stopped.

ISIS and/or Islamic terrorists of any kind should not be allowed to expand further than they have and to do even more horrendous atrocities:

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Williame300

May 26, 2016
Norfork, AR
✟15,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We still have thousands of homeless people that were unable to feed, how can we feed others when we're unable to feed our own. If we were a stable nation, I'd understand but we're not. Not to mention that it's ISIS would use the flood of refugees to sneak in.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We still have thousands of homeless people that were unable to feed, how can we feed others when we're unable to feed our own. If we were a stable nation, I'd understand but we're not. Not to mention that it's ISIS would use the flood of refugees to sneak in.
We're not even a christian nation, and haven't been a financially righteous nation in over 100 years or more, if ever. Stability ? Gone for good. Upset, Uprisings, Overthrow - not necessarily. Someone will put forth a plan, (they have been doing so for a long time already)
that people will have to accept whether they like it or not.
Only the martyrs will object to it.

Reactions: martinlb
Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Why it seems most Christians are against asylum seekers? For the political parties most Chrisitans support are the parties who are are openly stating to deport asylum seekers and even refuse to accomodate people that have fled their own countries due to war and persecution. Anyway Jesus Christ himself was a refugee.

It seems the people I personally know that are most passionate about the rights of asylum seekers are not Christian at all. Unlike some Chrisitans I come accross who believe that asylum seekers should be deported from the country.

First, thank you for writing "most" rather than simply making a generic statement that would color all Christians with the same broad brush. I'm glad you're aware that this is NOT something in which there is a singular Christian response. The truth is that Christians are all over the board on this question, as they are on many other social issues.

I'm not even sure that it really is "most" Christians. From your experience it may be that "many" Christians are against asylum seekers, and from the responses thus far it does seem that some people who self-identify as Christians here are against asylum seekers. But it is worth noting that the Southern Baptist Convention, the largest protestant group in the USA, just this week came out in support of asylum seekers. Other groups that have previous done so include the United Methodist Church, the Roman Catholic Church, and the ELCA (I suspect there are more). These groups combined easily add up to a majority (even a super majority) of Christians in the USA. So, if you are finding that a majority of Christians are against asylum seekers, be aware that they are also opposing the leadership and affirmed positions of their own churches.

For myself, I would affirm that I understand the Bible to teach us that we are to welcome the homeless and the stranger (sometimes the Bible actually uses the word "alien") in our midst. Further, when we follow Jesus injunction to love our neighbor (who his teaching identifies as truly being all other persons, not just our immediate next door neighbor), even our enemies, as ourselves, then there is no rationale for a Christian who is following the teaching of Christ to turn an asylum seeker away.

However, do Christians always follow the teachings of Jesus or the commands God gives us in the Bible? Sadly we don't. More times than I would like to count I have found myself outside the will of God. I do that because I am a sinner. Rather than trusting God, I trust in myself or the security that others in the world might provide, I fear the consequences of taking risks that God has called me to take and allow that fear to lead me into justifying my actions that don't conform to the will of God for my life. It wouldn't surprise me if other Christians do the same with regard to the issue of asylum seekers.

Because I happen to have a son who arrived here as an asylum seeker in the past and have travelled to the parts of the world where present asylum seekers are coming from, I'm quite comfortable with welcoming those who are seeking to come here. I actually think it would be a good thing for our country. But for those who are fearful and ignorant of the realities of those seeking to come and thus project unto them unrealistic consequences, for those who are unwilling to let God's will be the guide for their choices, and for those who are unprepared to live with the results of the choices God is asking them to make it is either to just say "NO." than offer the grace of a God's divine "Yes."

Upvote 0

BornAgainChristian1

Mar 29, 2016
South Eastern Pa.
✟19,130.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The cure for this problem would be is to take over a country like Iran imprison the government and try them for their atrocities. Then set up a republic government and set up a military training camp and bring back the refugees and train them in combat. Then use their mosque tactics and start working their way in a circular fashion flushing out the radicals and kill them. This way they can take back their own country's and learn how to get along with each other. The next thing would be to start schools that would teach them life skills and trade skills and not the PC trash taught in our schools. This way they can all return to their own country's and protect their own country's.

Upvote 0

lovetogarden

Mar 31, 2005
✟617.00
Faith
Catholic
Maybe you need to ask yourself why most Christian asylum seekers are denied entry to the US and the west especially when genocide is being waged against them by Muslims in the ME? Why are we taking people like that seen in this picture into this country?

Attachments

• refugee.jpg
    refugee.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Arsenios
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is simply an assertion with no proof.

Additionally, there are many who claim to be Christian, who are simply not.

You shall know them by their fruit.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
During the Republican presidential debates, numerous candidates expressed a desire to give refuge to Christian refugees. AFter these responses Obama said it would be illegal to help Christians.

Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Europe have large numbers of refugees. The UN and various charities are helping the refugees. If you want to help, you may search for an organization working there and send donations.

2 billion people in the world do not have indoor plumbing. Many of them would like to go to the United States. As fast as the world population is growing, it is not possible to give them all adequate food, clothing, housing, education and medical attention. The refugees are having children in refugee camps and these need more help.

There are millions of immigrants in the U.S. already. It is not like no one wants to help.

Upvote 0