Not open for further replies.

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟207,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I take this just as serious as the flu or cancer or any other sickness. Meaning, I do not advocate taking anyone's freedom of choice away due to it.

People die of heart disease, diabetes and obesity, should we ban sodas and chocolate cake because of it? See my point?

Even if my wife cought this and died or myself, as destrout as I would be, I STILL would not advocate taking away others freedom.

That is the true selfishness is robbing freedom and giving the next generation a authoritarian existence.

No, I do not see your point.

I do not see freedoms being taken away by requiring a mask any more than a seat belt law took away anyone's freedom. There was a big huff over that too, until everyone adjusted and realized that selt belts save lives, and now it just accepted. I will be so glad when everyone's tantrum over masks is over too.

I do see lives being taken away by people willfully not being charitable and wearing masks.

I do see freedoms being taken away in this country, and there happens to be a thread about banning tik-tok here in the US; however, I do not see those avidly against masks due to freedom issues over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟344,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But yes, why i reject the mask regulation is because its first of all an order and not a law.
What does that have to do with whether you choose to wear a mask in the grocery store?
second, even if it wer a law it wouldnt matter because its not based on solid proof. Such as the death count isn't totally proven and is even an admitted assumption by the CDC.
There is good evidence that masks reduce transmission and therefore save lives. Suppose there's only a 50% chance that the evidence is right -- so there's a 50% chance that you're saving lives by wearing a mask and a 50% chance that you're helping kill people by not wearing one. How on earth is not wearing one an ethical (or Christian) option under those circumstances?

A asymptomatic Carrier of a virus is not an intended murderer.
But an asymptomatic carrier who deliberately chose to risk infecting others is callously indifferent to the well-being of others. Humans created in the image of God whom you could be serving by wearing a mask. But no -- you're not your brother's keeper, right?

I'm done with this conversation.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟207,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First those numbers are assumed.

Second, even if accurate, still the cdc says the death % is at 0.5%

Third, yes, IF you FEEL sick, stay home, recover. Outside of that, no one should be doing anything, accept those who are scared to death. This is how we live in a free world. Freedom is more important then 100% safety. The selfishness is comming from those that demand we cater to there fears.

Nope, one is INTENTIONAL and the other is NOT.

You cannot live in a bubble. You cannot live in a world with no risks or enjoyment. If you do, then you live in a authoritarian world. Its selfish to give the next generation that plate of dog doo doo.

Do some research on the long term and debilitating effects that this disease leaves behind for those who have a moderate to severe case and survive it:

Kidney damage, lung damage, overall body inflammation, cardiac issues, and sepsis resulting in amputations just to name a few. Then rethink your "but it is only a .5% death rate" as death is far from the only concern related to this disease.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟267,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yea, my plan is if your afraid of the virus or ANY VIRUS then you take the precautions. We who don't fear it. We hold no one else liable. And any person who does push freedom, gets sick and still holds others liable, SHAME ON THEM.

Nope, I'm not responsible for other people's health, THEY ARE. They are responsible for the next generations preservation of freedom.

I agree one of governments sole roles is to fight for our freedom. Its role is not to fight to take it away.

Its not governments role to force health on people. Its there role to preserve there freedom. Everyone can make there own choice.

Rights come with responsibilities and your refusal to be responsible makes you a leach on society. You take without giving anything back.

Because of your attitude, this pandemic will never end. Sports will come to a close, schools won’t reopen, Broadway shows will be a thing of the past, dining at a restaurant indoors will be gone, large family gatherings at holidays will be a distant memory, dances and sitting around a dimly lit bar with friends will be finished. That’s what your freedom gets us. The next generation isn’t going to prize that freedom, they are going to toss it away because they’ll see freedom costs much more than it is worth to them. If you want freedom to last through generations, you are going to have to realize sometimes freedom has to acquiesce to the greater good of society.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,442,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have you done the math based on that percentage? Let's assume 50% of the U.S. is infected by year's end...

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟271,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First those numbers are assumed.

Third, yes, IF you FEEL sick, stay home, recover. Outside of that, no one should be doing anything, accept those who are scared to death. This is how we live in a free world. Freedom is more important then 100% safety. The selfishness is comming from those that demand we cater to there fears.

Nope, one is INTENTIONAL and the other is NOT.

You cannot live in a bubble. You cannot live in a world with no risks or enjoyment. If you do, then you live in a authoritarian world. Its selfish to give the next generation that plate of dog doo doo.

yes you are intentionally killing people if your not wearing masks, and again you guys are dense, ear hear of "Asymptomatic." you know the majority of those with the disease spreading it around that masks can help stop. The right is all about pro life till THEY actually have to adult up and help others.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟251,572.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you know that EVERYONE in your country GLADLY complied and even ALL complied? You really KNOW that?
Not absolutely everyone, but we didn't seem to have the problems USA had.
Our leader gave her daily breif, told us we were going to go fast and go hard
She explain the 4 level alert system
Explained what that meant for all of us, and what we all needed to do to beat the virus
She handed over to her health guy to explain the details of the disease. The message was consistent. Our prime minister never tried to push drugs, never tried to support resisting against lockdown. In fact she told people off for doing a protest in support of Black Lives Matter. Said she supported the cause but we need to fight the pandemic.

When I went out in public I could see that people were taking this seriously. not standing near anyone else, washing hands for 20 seconds

We beat the disease, we did it as a coordinated effort. We won.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
yes you are intentionally killing people if your not wearing masks, and again you guys are dense, ear hear of "Asymptomatic." you know the majority of those with the disease spreading it around that masks can help stop. The right is all about pro life till THEY actually have to adult up and help others.

Actually if your asymptomatic, then you dont know you have it. That means your not intentionally spreading it around.

Intentionally killing someone with a virus is to know you have it then yo go up to some old lady in a wheelchair thats on oxygen and cough in her face.

I'm convinced you hate a free world.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not absolutely everyone, but we didn't seem to have the problems USA had.
Our leader gave her daily breif, told us we were going to go fast and go hard
She explain the 4 level alert system
Explained what that meant for all of us, and what we all needed to do to beat the virus
She handed over to her health guy to explain the details of the disease. The message was consistent. Our prime minister never tried to push drugs, never tried to support resisting against lockdown. In fact she told people off for doing a protest in support of Black Lives Matter. Said she supported the cause but we need to fight the pandemic.

When I went out in public I could see that people were taking this seriously. not standing near anyone else, washing hands for 20 seconds

We beat the disease, we did it as a coordinated effort. We won.

Sorry, I dont buy it.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you done the math based on that percentage? Let's assume 50% of the U.S. is infected by year's end...

Numbers it can kill alot, percentage, not so much.

People die of alot of things, by lots of numbers. It sucks for them and there family, but its no justification to destroy peoples businesses over, stop from going to church, make laborers wear masks all day, ect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟271,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually if your asymptomatic, then you dont know you have it. That means your not intentionally spreading it around.

Intentionally killing someone with a virus is to know you have it then yo go up to some old lady in a wheelchair thats on oxygen and cough in her face.

I'm convinced you hate a free world.

Sorry at this point, if YOU don't wear masks and are asymptomatic YOU are intentionally spreading, there is no excuse, you know it's possible, you know you might be carrying it. Every single one that refuses masks, but knows about asymptomatic exposure, is 100% guilty and culpable for the deaths and injuries they cause. You may be able to lie to yourself, but I doubt you will be able to lie to god that knows the truth.

Yeah...I hate the free world, by that logic you hate life and people and are pro death. I love freedom, I'm just not drinking the koolaid you guys are that makes you think your freedom is worth around 1400 lives a day for your own selfish desires. Wearing a mask costs you nothing, not wearing one costs others the ultimate price.

Upvote 0

JS659

Jul 28, 2020
Jefferson City
✟15,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a similar way, face masks are tied to the political conflict over our response to the coronavirus. Those who lean left politically tend to see the virus as a more dire threat; those on the right are more likely to downplay its seriousness or compare it to less deadly strains like the flu, often following the lead of conservative politicians.

Accordingly, masks may be seen as a marker of political loyalty, triggering feelings of us-versus-them. A politically liberal person may assume that someone wearing a mask is “on their team,” while those who don’t wear masks must be Fox News-watching Republicans. The anger they feel is not simply about the mask, but about believing the non-mask wearer is a certain type of person.

On the flip side, the politically conservative might interpret calls for masks as politically-driven efforts to play up the seriousness of the coronavirus. Being asked to don a mask then becomes not just a request to protect the health of others, but to give up their worldview and political allegiance. It may feel like asking a Red Sox fan to put on a Yankees jersey.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...05/why-are-masks-triggering-conflict-and-rage

--------------------

This an article I thought was poignant. Don't shoot the messenger please :).

Yes I agree. However, I also believe it's the media. People will always have different opinions on various topics but I believe the media is causing people to be divided by the narrative they are painting. They are loving this division, it helps them with ratings, and their agenda. Now there is truth in what they are saying but also they way they say it, creates the division which they embraces.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rights come with responsibilities and your refusal to be responsible makes you a leach on society. You take without giving anything back.

Because of your attitude, this pandemic will never end. Sports will come to a close, schools won’t reopen, Broadway shows will be a thing of the past, dining at a restaurant indoors will be gone, large family gatherings at holidays will be a distant memory, dances and sitting around a dimly lit bar with friends will be finished. That’s what your freedom gets us. The next generation isn’t going to prize that freedom, they are going to toss it away because they’ll see freedom costs much more than it is worth to them. If you want freedom to last through generations, you are going to have to realize sometimes freedom has to acquiesce to the greater good of society.

Again, I'm not responsible for a virus floating around and im not responsible for anyone else's health. If they fear the virus then they can do what they believe works, like wear a mask, gloves, goggles, socially distance or stay home. I will resume risk for myself.

My rights dont come with being respondible for your health, it comes with bring responsible for my own, the same goes for you or anyone else, thats what makes us free and KEEPS us free from a authoritarian government.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do some research on the long term and debilitating effects that this disease leaves behind for those who have a moderate to severe case and survive it:

Kidney damage, lung damage, overall body inflammation, cardiac issues, and sepsis resulting in amputations just to name a few. Then rethink your "but it is only a .5% death rate" as death is far from the only concern related to this disease.

Less then 1% die of this and MAJORITY have mild symptoms.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟271,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, I'm not responsible for a virus floating around and im not responsible for anyone else's health. If they fear the virus then they can do what they believe works, like wear a mask, gloves, goggles, socially distance or stay home. I will resume risk for myself.

My rights dont come with being respondible for your health, it comes with bring responsible for my own, the same goes for you or anyone else, thats what makes us free and KEEPS us free from a authoritarian government.

thats not how rights work on any planet or country. Your rights end where mine begin, you VERY much don't have a right to put others at risk knowingly. And knowing how the disease is spread you are 100% culpable again for any deaths you cause. Is it possible I will be responsible for some deaths? Yeah, but I wear the mask, I keep social distancing and act like a grownup, I do my part to help save lives, act like a grownup and not a petulant child and help others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I do not see your point.

I do not see freedoms being taken away by requiring a mask any more than a seat belt law took away anyone's freedom. There was a big huff over that too, until everyone adjusted and realized that selt belts save lives, and now it just accepted. I will be so glad when everyone's tantrum over masks is over too.

I do see lives being taken away by people willfully not being charitable and wearing masks.

I do see freedoms being taken away in this country, and there happens to be a thread about banning tik-tok here in the US; however, I do not see those avidly against masks due to freedom issues over there.

I dont care about seat belts, although I disagree with those too. But masks I disagree with way more.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟271,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Less then 1% die of this and MAJORITY have mild symptoms.

the mild symptoms is kinda false, seen some studies that said 1/10 kids that showed no symptoms have damaged lungs, now how long term or majour those are is still to be determined. But this nonsense about it all being about death ignors the rest of the situation, you are playing with the future of the US with your games.

Doctors concerned how COVID-19 affects the lungs of children

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟251,572.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I dont buy it.
NZ's success is a matter of public record.

Very easy to find out through internet searches.
Easy also to find video footage on YouTube of Jacinda Ardern giving the briefings, explaining the alert level system, describing social bubbles etc.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
thats not how rights work on any planet or country. Your rights end where mine begin,

No, my rights to not wear a mask dont end where yours begin because you have ghe right to wear a mask if you fear this virus.

you VERY much don't have a right to put others at risk knowingly.

If i dont know I'm sick and I choose not to wear a mask because this virus isn't a major threat to most people, and if they are afraid, then THEY can wear a mask or socially distance or stay home. Im not putting them at risk, I choose to resume risk, they can choose to take no risk for themselves.

And knowing how the disease is spread you are 100% culpable again for any deaths you cause. Is it possible I will be responsible for some deaths? Yeah, but I wear the mask, I keep social distancing and act like a grownup, I do my part to help save lives, act like a grownup and not a petulant child and help others.

Ok, so you just admitted you will be responsible for some deaths despite doing precautions.

So you just admitted that your precautions dont work. Mayby you should do greater restrictions on yourself, huh, in the name of saving potential lives?

And so since youl be killing some people, should you be arrested yourself?

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
the mild symptoms is kinda false, seen some studies that said 1/10 kids that showed no symptoms have damaged lungs, now how long term or majour those are is still to be determined. But this nonsense about it all being about death ignors the rest of the situation, you are playing with the future of the US with your games.

Doctors concerned how COVID-19 affects the lungs of children

80% are mild, 19% are more severe, 1% die.

Thats the ball park.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.