Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I dont buy it.
Here is an appropriate link for you
“A Team of Five Million.” How New Zealand Beat Coronavirus.

New Zealand has emerged as a gold standard with its coronavirus response, having ended community transmission on May 22

Academics and the media have pointed to the trust which political leaders and health experts were able to cultivate amongst the population as a key reason for why the results there have been so strikingly different than in other developed countries.

“They asked us to please stay in our ‘household bubbles’… Kiwis, I don’t know, we were like, ‘OK, sure,’”

“The messaging from the beginning was, ‘We’re a team of 5 million.’ As a public message, it was very effective,” he said.

Wiles also pointed to the effectiveness of the Ardern government’s messaging strategy. “She never put us on a war footing. Everything was about collaboration, working together, positive language — rather than fear. ‘We’re a team of 5 million,’ I think it was very powerful,” Wiles said.

“Masks were a really hard one,” she said. “For one, they were absolutely needed by someone in contact with somebody with the infection, but they’re not bulletproof, you need to know how to put them on.” Wiles said that in societies with no experience with mass masks, it’s generally “not advised, but that mass masking is really important now in some countries because of the chance you will be in contact with someone who has the infection,” she said.

New Zealand has no new coronavirus cases and just discharged its last hospital patient. Here are the secrets to the country's success.
New Zealanders followed those restrictions in earnest, and there’s data to prove it.

“The Google data shows that New Zealanders have followed the lockdown rules … with a remarkably high level of behaviour change,” Wilson wrote in an April 12 blog post. “Activity dropped almost instantly, by over 90% from baseline levels in some categories,” he added.

That led to a levelling off of cases just 10 days after lockdown measures were put in place, he said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟281,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
80% are mild, 19% are more severe, 1% die.

Thats the ball park.

Except the 80 'mild' arn't mild damage wise, they arn't coughing up a lung but ct scans and such are showing damage, and MANY kids are likly to have long lasting permanite damage that could cause asthma and such as they grow older. Your calousness isn't helping.

AND YES YOU ARE. You have been warned that you might be carrying a disease and not know it you no longer have the excuse of, "I wasn't intentionally or knowingly spreading a disease." the majorit of those spreading the disease to those that die are those like you who don't realize they have it, it's a fact, you don't get to want all your rights then pretend your not culpable for people dying.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,459,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Numbers it can kill alot, percentage, not so much.

People die of alot of things, by lots of numbers. It sucks for them and there family, but its no justification to destroy peoples businesses over, stop from going to church, make laborers wear masks all day, ect.

Did you do the math?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

you're in charge you can do it just get louis
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟508,746.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
NZ's success is a matter of public record.

Very easy to find out through internet searches.
Easy also to find video footage on YouTube of Jacinda Ardern giving the briefings, explaining the alert level system, describing social bubbles etc.
I think "I don't buy it" has the meaning of "I will never believe it, no matter the amount of evidence provided."

I don't understand why you bother.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If i dont know I'm sick and I choose not to wear a mask because this virus isn't a major threat to most people, and if they are afraid, then THEY can wear a mask or socially distance or stay home. Im not putting them at risk, I choose to resume risk, they can choose to take no risk for themselves.

Wearing a mask is supposed to reduce the infection risk for others and not yourself. Why won't you understand that?

Some people cannot stay at home, e.g retail workers. You're intentionally increasing the chances of these people to get the virus by not wearing a mask.

I hope every business out there refuses to let you in, because when you're acting like a male Karen then you should feel the consequences for being a terrible person.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟254,281.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think "I don't buy it" has the meaning of "I will never believe it, no matter the amount of evidence provided."

I don't understand why you bother.
1. I'm very patient
2. I'm bored
3. I'm fascinated on how much resistance there is with regards to taking personal action which can improve society, save lives and ultimately get the economy back on track. (especially resistance from people who are presumably "pro-life" and supporters of the current governing party)
4. I'm baffled as to how people can think like that and why it seems to go down political lines in USA
5. I'm confused as to how USA is run by the Republican party of which Trump is the leader, and that the Coronovirus task force is lead by the Republicans and Trump and their official position is social distancing, and wearing masks but how on the other hand their leader then tells people to rebel against social distancing restrictions and tells people not to wear masks and brags that he won't be wearing one. It feels like the President is rebelling against his own party and his own task force team, and his followers are right there with him, rebelling and arguing that Govt can't be trusted. It's just so weird that Trump is a leader of the resistance to government while at the same time he is the leader of the government. The opposition party (The Democratic party) is conforming to the govt and taskforce (basically conforming to the Republican led position on the pandemic) but are accused by Trump's followers of making a political statement? I find it very hard to follow the logic. It's baffling and confusing to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟494,173.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Numbers it can kill alot, percentage, not so much.

People die of alot of things, by lots of numbers. It sucks for them and there family, but its no justification to destroy peoples businesses over, stop from going to church, make laborers wear masks all day, ect.
The majority of people disagree with you - even without government restrictions these things are happening. Why are you complaining about them exercising their freedom? It has consequences for you? Yeah, funny how that works.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟494,173.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Easy also to find video footage on YouTube of Jacinda Ardern giving the briefings, explaining the alert level system, describing social bubbles etc.
I'm not convinced this is a thread where facts and reality like this are going to be able to be integrated into certain claims and viewpoints.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟210,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Less then 1% die of this and MAJORITY have mild symptoms.

If the death is in fact, halfway between the numbers you keep throwing out, .75% of 328.2 million people is 2,461,500 dead Americans. Almost 2.5 Million people are not including those left with long term damage. I guess that is nothing more than a minor inconvenience to many (until they are directly touched that is.)

If there is a .01%, or less, chance that my wearing a mask could lower the risk of another accruing this disease, I will wear a mask, AND I do not need to be ordered to do so. If they are uncertain if masks help, I will still wear one as there is no downside (for 99% of people) to attempt to help others. I cannot fathom needing to be ORDERED to be charitable towards others, and then once ordered to be charitable, still denying to do so.

A seat belt only saves the person wearing it in the vast majority of accidents. It does very little to help others during an accident, yet virtually no one whines about how it infringes on their rights any longer. They just put them on because it is now law.

Well, due to people's unwillingness to help others, now masks are law in quite a few places. And people are now whining about being ordered to charitable. It would not have come into being a law had been charitable in their hearts to begin with, but America is overflowing with "Me first" and "only me" people. They might help others when it does not inconvenience them, but only then. We seem to have far less "I am willing to help others at my own inconvenience" people, and I find this simply sad.

The poor attitude of the people in America will forever be shocking to me, and I was born here.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟210,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
80% are mild, 19% are more severe, 1% die.

Thats the ball park.

Source?

Even going with these numbers, that is 62,358,000 people with a huge chance at long term damage and almost 2.5 million dead. So, almost 65 million Americans directly affected. BUT that it is not in the slightest major to many.

This all is just minor inconvenience to many, not a major disease. That is until someone they love is affected.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟210,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The censorship of what we are allowed to have access to on the internet is ramping up.

BUT, that is not an infringement upon our rights or freedoms on near the scale that an order of masks is!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟210,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I presume those who are anti-mask are also anti-vaccine. Herd immunity is predominately about protecting those at higher risks. Those at lower risks are encouraged to get immunized to help protect those who cannot be immunized. The majority wearing masks is about protecting others who are at higher risk.

I suspect the ones against masks will also refuse an immunization (should we ever get one) simply because they are not at a higher risk, so why be bothered about being immunized to help protect others? Let those who are at higher risk, and some who thought they had low to no risk, die or have long term disabilities related to COVID.

Darwinism at its finest. Natural selection and death to those who are not strong enough.

Christianity at its worst. Philippians 2:4 "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." Matthew 25:44 - 45 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'"

The personal "freedom" to not wear a mask is clearly far more important to many than Christ's commands, or the welfare of others. BTW, I personally know someone who fits this bill......and I am fairly certain I will never understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟281,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I presume those who are anti-mask are also anti-vaccine. Herd immunity is predominately about protecting those at higher risks. Those at lower risks are encouraged to get immunized to help protect those who cannot be immunized. The majority wearing masks is about protecting others who are at higher risk.

I suspect the ones against masks will also refuse an immunization (should we ever get one) simply because they are not at a higher risk, so why be bothered about being immunized to help protect others? Let those who are at higher risk, and some who thought they had low to no risk, die or have long term disabilities related to COVID.

Darwinism at its finest. Natural selection and death to those who are not strong enough.

Christianity at its worst. Philippians 2:4 "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." Matthew 25:44 - 45 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'"

The personal "freedom" to not wear a mask is clearly far more important to many than Christ's commands, or the welfare of others. BTW, I personally know someone who fits this bill......and I am fairly certain I will never understand.

immunization is a bit tricker I suspect some that are anti mask, are pro vaccine and vice versa, I'm in a weird middle position where I'm pro vaccine, but a little nervous about covid vaccine being rused before 100% safe, I get the reason for it, but thats when you make mistakes.

Upvote 0

cappycappy

Mar 30, 2020
Dallas
✟20,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Many people falsely believe that stores, restaurants, etc. are "public" places. They aren't. They are privately-owned businesses, and as such, have the right to refuse service to anyone.

So when they are asked to leave a store or restaurant, they become livid. They believe they have an absolute right to be there, no matter what. They quote the US Constitution. But you have no constitutional rights in a private business.

So then they make up fake medical excuses about having a disability that means they can't wear a mask. They quote the Americans with Disabilities Act. However, the ADA only requires a business to make a reasonable accommodation (alternate service) to a person with a disability. That means usually, delivering items to their car or home. So they still aren't legally required to allow the maskless customer to shop in their store. And HIPAA is useless in a store - it only applies to healthcare professionals who handle your medical records!

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟254,281.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm in a weird middle position where I'm pro vaccine, but a little nervous about covid vaccine being rused before 100% safe, I get the reason for it, but thats when you make mistakes.
That's not weird at all. It is a reasonable concern to have.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟210,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
immunization is a bit tricker I suspect some that are anti mask, are pro vaccine and vice versa, I'm in a weird middle position where I'm pro vaccine, but a little nervous about covid vaccine being rused before 100% safe, I get the reason for it, but thats when you make mistakes.

Concern over its safety is different than stating, I am not at risk, so I won't get it and to heck with those that are higher risk who are dependent on others to help them stay safe.

That is what the mask thing seems to come down to. They won't wear one despite the need to wear one to protect others who are at higher risk. Other people's health and lives are simply not important enough for them to wear one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.