Not open for further replies.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here's the thing, masks are different then washing hands. Washing hands takes a few seconds. Wearing a mask is all day for some people. Its just wrong.
I don't know, the time taken by washing hands every single time before returning to the kitchen after going to the bathroom adds up. It isn't like a mask where you just put it on and leave it alone. It is just wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
OK I've got a bone to pick. I've read this below from some medical article and in my opinion there' just NO WAY this can be true. Opinions welcome!

MYTH: Wearing a mask causes you to inhale too much carbon dioxide, which can make you sick.

FACT: Wearing a cloth mask will not cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and headaches (also known as hypercapnia or carbon dioxide toxicity). Carbon dioxide passes through the mask, it does not build up inside the mask. If you feel dizzy or get a headache, you may be dehydrated since wearing a mask doesn’t make it as easy to drink water. We recommend keeping yourself very hydrated.

Debunking common face mask misconceptions

Now look. The only time I wear a mask is entering a store. Whatever amount of liquids I've ever drank HAS NOT changed because of covid. If this were true that the only reason I feel dizzy or lightheaded is because I haven't drank much water or am dehydrated wouldn't I have experienced that all other times? Surely I would have!

But usually about 6 minutes in a store I experience a dizzy lightheaded feeling and this medical piece wants to suggest it's not because I'm wearing a mask? If I could borrow a term by Joe Biden, "Come on MAN!" My wife has the same thing happen to her as well. Talked to others....THE SAME! So what is it with this thing that they're trying to talk people out of things they down right KNOW are facts?!

Look I know what water dehydration dizziness is like. I worked years ago in buildings which didn't have any air conditioning in heat waves and I know what that can be like. This is nothing like that when wearing a mask. So it has to be oxygen depletion or something like that taking place by wearing the mask.
If you are having issues breathing while wearing a simple cotton mask, you should be talking to your doctor rather than asking random strangers on the internet. It is not a normal reaction.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And you are also refusing to address the OBVIOUS point i keep making that sticks out like a sore thumb because you also talk like a tyrant.

I dont need to protect others because

1, the death % of this is so low.

How many dead people do we need before you start to care about others?

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know, the time taken by washing hands every single time before returning to the kitchen after going to the bathroom adds up. It isn't like a mask where you just put it on and leave it alone. It is just wrong.

The mask is annoying, washing hands is not. Thats the difference. I like washing my hands, I dont like wearing a mask. See the difference YET?

How many dead people do we need before you start to care about others?

How many recovered people do we need before you start to care about peoples freedom?

Also, when are you gonna care about addressing my point i keep making.

Which is:

If they want to be protected, then THEY can take the precautions.

I sound like a broken record.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The mask is annoying, washing hands is not. Thats the difference. I like washing my hands, I dont like wearing a mask. See the difference YET?

And I don't mind wearing a mask since it helps slow the spread of the disease. I strongly doubt you're going to take my random opinion to mean anything here. Likewise me about yours.

How many recovered people do we need before you start to care about peoples freedom?

I asked you first.

Also, when are you gonna care about addressing my point i keep making.

Which is:

If they want to be protected, then THEY can take the precautions.

I've addressed it several times - they are, by prohibiting people who refuse to wear masks from being out in public. Why should their FREEDOM to do so be more important than your freedom to put them at risk?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tend to think about masks the same way as I do about pants.

When in the library it's almost impossible to get comfortable while wearing them...but the moment you take them off (even when wearing underwear which I'm also oposed to) it's impossible to get any reading done because of everyone hollering at you to put your pants on.

So wear a mask and get on with your life.

Upvote 0

JS659

Jul 28, 2020
Jefferson City
✟15,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The extreme elements are not the real problem. It's people in powerful positions like Mr. Trump that are the real threat. Trump thrives on creating conflict. It is the one thing at which he excels. That makes him so dangerous and that is why he loves violence and open conflict.

What do you mean by extreme elements? Are you not confidant that God will handle it? Are you sure he is the real threat? Cause I heard the same thing about Bush, Obama, Reagan, the list goes on and on.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And I don't mind wearing a mask since it helps slow the spread of the disease.

Thats only if you have the disease. Likely you dont and are wasting your time.

I strongly doubt you're going to take my random opinion to mean anything here.

Exactly because you refuse to address my point. And I think its because my point just simply makes too much common sense to address and refute it.

Likewise me about yours.

Well in your case your just stubborn.

I asked you first.

Yes, you did. So heres your answer. If it wer 20 or 30% that die of this along with the SAME contagion rate THEN I would put a mask on. I STILL however would not advocate shutting business down. If it wer a very low contagion rate but 20 to 30% death, I would NOT put a mask on.

But only less then 1% die of this. It is not anywhere near the level for me to put a mask on.

Now your turn. How many % have to recover for you to care about others freedom?

I've addressed it several times - they are, by prohibiting people who refuse to wear masks from being out in public. Why should their FREEDOM to do so be more important than your freedom to put them at risk?

Nope, this does not address my point.

If THEY wear the masks, glovrs, goggles and take the other precautions, then THEY are not at risk even if i wear no mask.

Address that.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean by extreme elements? Are you not confidant that God will handle it? Are you sure he is the real threat? Cause I heard the same thing about Bush, Obama, Reagan, the list goes on and on.
God may not care about chump change like American politics.
Leave it at that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Exactly because you refuse to address my point. And I think its because my point just simply makes too much common sense to address and refute it.

Yes, you did. So heres your answer. If it wer 20 or 30% that die of this along with the SAME contagion rate THEN I would put a mask on. I STILL however would not advocate shutting business down. If it wer a very low contagion rate but 20 to 30% death, I would NOT put a mask on.

But only less then 1% die of this. It is not anywhere near the level for me to put a mask on.

If THEY wear the masks, glovrs, goggles and take the other precautions, then THEY are not at risk even if i wear no mask.

Address that.
It's more like 3-4 % who die, and about 80% (including asymptomatic people) have their organs damaged, including the heart.

I wouldn't be surprised if the real death toll of Corona will only become apparent in 1-3 decades, when peoples hearts start to fail decades before the end of their life expectancy.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's more like 3-4 % who die, and about 80% (including asymptomatic people) have their organs damaged, including the heart.

Its not 3 to 4% according to the CDC. Its less then 1%. And 80% have MILD symptoms. You have no proof that 80% have long term damage. If you think you do, provide the link and I shall determine if it really is proof.

I wouldn't be surprised if the real death toll of Corona will only become apparent in 1-3 decades, when peoples hearts start to fail decades before the end of their life expectancy.

Your assumption. Assumptions aren't proof. Shut down the world, erode peoples freedom based on no proof?

Absolutely incredable. You people don't deserve freedom since your so willing to give it away because your so scared. And when you give it away, your also giving away the minorities freedom who are the resisters. Your selfish.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

People can spread the disease without showing symptoms. And since we don't have adequate testing resources, there's no way to know who has the disease. Given 160,000+ Americans have died from this in just a few months, being a bit cautious is not wasting my time.

Exactly because you refuse to address my point.

Not true. The fact that you don't like my response doesn't mean I didn't respond.

Yeah, you not accepting a random opinion with no evidence is because it is off topic or whatever the excuse was. But if I do the exact same thing, it is because I'm stubborn. Quite an interesting double standard you've managed to convince yourself of here.

Yes, you did. So heres your answer. If it wer 20 or 30% that die of this along with the SAME contagion rate THEN I would put a mask on.

So the number where you start to care is about 1.5 million people. OK, fair enough that you're not bothered by anything less than that. You do realize other people might have a slightly lower threshold.

0. I care about people's freedom as well, we just differ on the amount of maturity and responsibility that goes along with the privilege of having those freedoms.

I guess asserting that is easier than actually addressing it.

Address that.
Sure, easy enough to address. Your assertion here is a falsehood and shows a complete misunderstanding about the risks associated with the disease.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Its not 3 to 4% according to the CDC. Its less then 1%. And 80% have MILD symptoms. You have no proof that 80% have long term damage. If you think you do, provide the link and I shall determine if it really is proof

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/...heart-damage-remains-majority-corona-patients

Your assumption. Assumptions aren't proof. Shut down the world, erode peoples freedom based on no proof?

Absolutely incredable. You people don't deserve freedom since your so willing to give it away because your so scared. And when you give it away, your also giving away the minorities freedom who are the resisters. Your selfish.
I'm german. I have plenty of freedom because my nations government didn't botch their response to a pandemic.

Okay.. it did botch it, but in a very mild way when compared to the USA.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay.. it did botch it, but in a very mild way when compared to the USA.
America is larger than the whole of Europe with a population of 330 million people.

Considering the size and population they really haven't done a horrible job. It means that we are going to have a long sustained outbreak. Sure, everyone has had a few missteps along the way...but who is really prepared for something of this magnitude?

This is going to take a while to overcome and normalize. But keeping the damages to a minimum is the primary goal. Labor pool of workers is every nation's most valuable asset. From the educated to the menial labor workforce.. they determine a nation's viability and economic/defense ability.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
America is larger than the whole of Europe with a population of 330 million people.

Considering the size and population they really haven't done a horrible job. It means that we are going to have a long sustained outbreak. Sure, everyone has had a few missteps along the way...but who is really prepared for something of this magnitude?

This is going to take a while to overcome and normalize. But keeping the damages to a minimum is the primary goal. Labor pool of workers is every nation's most valuable asset. From the educated to the menial labor workforce.. they determine a nation's viability and economic/defense ability.
I don't think the difference between 330 million people and 82 million people is that big that any comparision should be automatically discarded on that basis alone.

Also.. you were prepared for something of this magnitude. You had a pandemic response team and a brilliant playbook. And then Trump decided to trash both to safe a couple bucks.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the difference between 330 million people and 82 million people is that big that any comparision should be automatically discarded on that basis alone.

Also.. you were prepared for something of this magnitude. You had a pandemic response team and a brilliant playbook. And then Trump decided to trash both to safe a couple bucks.

But it was Obama’s plan and play book. Trump’s plan is better.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.