variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
OK I've got a bone to pick. I've read this below from some medical article and in my opinion there' just NO WAY this can be true. Opinions welcome!

MYTH: Wearing a mask causes you to inhale too much carbon dioxide, which can make you sick.

FACT: Wearing a cloth mask will not cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and headaches (also known as hypercapnia or carbon dioxide toxicity). Carbon dioxide passes through the mask, it does not build up inside the mask. If you feel dizzy or get a headache, you may be dehydrated since wearing a mask doesn’t make it as easy to drink water. We recommend keeping yourself very hydrated.

Debunking common face mask misconceptions

Now look. The only time I wear a mask is entering a store. Whatever amount of liquids I've ever drank HAS NOT changed because of covid. If this were true that the only reason I feel dizzy or lightheaded is because I haven't drank much water or am dehydrated wouldn't I have experienced that all other times? Surely I would have!

But usually about 6 minutes in a store I experience a dizzy lightheaded feeling and this medical piece wants to suggest it's not because I'm wearing a mask? If I could borrow a term by Joe Biden, "Come on MAN!" My wife has the same thing happen to her as well. Talked to others....THE SAME! So what is it with this thing that they're trying to talk people out of things they down right KNOW are facts?!

Look I know what water dehydration dizziness is like. I worked years ago in buildings which didn't have any air conditioning in heat waves and I know what that can be like. This is nothing like that when wearing a mask. So it has to be oxygen depletion or something like that taking place by wearing the mask. Is there anyone who can claim that it isn't? It's just hard not to believe we keep getting lied to.

You need to exhale CO2 to live, it constitutes about 4 to 5% of the exhaled air.

To make you sleepy you would need to be consistently breathing back in .2, to .5% back in.

Millions are now wearing cloth masks, and I do so for 8 hrs a day and haven't been experiencing any symptoms. Maybe it's just you.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is OK, if he wins, you will be spared from the purges.

But on the upside, I learned today that God is a tyrant to some, because he commands us to care for those less fortunate. I have never seen that scripture in that light before. It is important to learn something every day.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
But on the upside, I learned today that God is a tyrant to some, because he commands us to care for those less fortunate. I have never seen that scripture in that light before. It is important to learn something every day.

You should learn about "Supply Side Jesus" it will change the way you think.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When it comes to something like a peanut allergy...there are so few people who have it it's not reasonable for people to give up an inexpensive food for the reactions of a few.

Those with the rare ellergy dont have to buy the peanuts.

But when speaking about a highly infectious disease it's no longer unreasonable to ask that people do some minimal things to protect everyone else.

Yes it is unreasonable because MOST DO NOT die of this and those that do can protect themselves.

Like obeying traffic rules assists everyone else in survival asking people to wear masks and face shields is not a huge thing.

Yes it is a huge thing. And i break speed rules and it hurts no one. Some obey rules and it can cause accidents.

Address the point.....PLEASE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

No, God isn't a tyrant, you are and Satan is.

God says the leppers isolate from the community, he dont command the community to isolate.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You need to exhale CO2 to live, it constitutes about 4 to 5% of the exhaled air.

To make you sleepy you would need to be consistently breathing back in .2, to .5% back in.

Millions are now wearing cloth masks, and I do so for 8 hrs a day and haven't been experiencing any symptoms. Maybe it's just you.
No it's not just me. It's other people I talk to as well and I'm not going to accept that it's merely dehydration.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No it's not just me. It's other people I talk to as well and I'm not going to accept that it's merely dehydration.

I highly recommend you to consider an evaluation for diminished pulmonary functions. This is not the time to be impaired and not know it.

If it does turn you have pulmonary issues, I am sorry. It appears many just won't care. I have read it here and I have read it elsewhere. I sincerely hope those around you are more sensitive to your needs.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh that's not what I meant...not at all.

What I was saying was that this has happened before...and that the conservatives were generally pro- mask and liberals anti Mask...

This time it's backwards from that. Which is kinda odd.

Oh okay, I am sorry about that. I guess I am a bit trigger happy right now I am sorry

• Friendly
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Im well aware about all the precautions. Gloves, masks, social distancing and even goggles, which hardly no one is doing goggles.

I choose to take NONE of these precautions because I have zero fear of this stupid virus. I resume risk for freedom sake. I hold no one liable if I get sick.

If others fear the virus, THEN THEY can wear the mask and do the other precautions.

There mask will protect them from me.

Again if the virus cannot leave the mask, then logically it cannot enter the mask. Hence, they are protected.

I watched the video.

Again though, if the virus cannot leave through the mask, then logically it cannot inter through the mask.

Those that fear the virus then they can restrict there own freedom rather then demanding everyone else give up theirs. I'm not selfish, THEY ARE.

I choose to be conscience of my neighbor, the golden rule, and the command to love by wearing a mask to help protect others. You appear not to, you must do you but you will be liable when you give someone else the virus and they die possibly. A mask is restricting no one's freedom, that is a very silly and lame excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I choose to be conscience of my neighbor, the golden rule, and the command to love by wearing a mask to help protect others.

And you are also refusing to address the OBVIOUS point i keep making that sticks out like a sore thumb because you also talk like a tyrant.

I dont need to protect others because

1, the death % of this is so low.
2, the symptoms for the majority are mild
3 those who are weak, old, compromised or scared can protect themselves with all, some or more radical precautions themselves.

its not right to rob the world's freedom for a few when the said few are able to protect themselves.

You appear not to, you must do you but you will be liable when you give someone else the virus and they die possibly.

Its not guaranteed i will give the virus to anyone and like i said above, majority won't die and will have mild to no symptoms. The others can protect themselves.

A mask is restricting no one's freedom, that is a very silly and lame excuse.

Actually it IS RESTRICTING freedom. Its a outright false statement for you to say that.

If i don't want to wear a mask and yet I'm REQUIRED TOO with the threat that if I dont I cannot buy or sell or serve or be served and could get fined or jailed. Yea, THAT IS RESTRICTING freedom.

Stop denying the obvious.

Also stop refusing to address the point that the small few can protect themselves.

Stop reinstating your position like a tyrant.

Thats not love. You can tip the golden rule upside down all you want, ill press you into a corner and demand you address my point.

I do follow the golden rule. I treat others how I want to be treated. How do I wanna be treated? People not fear me, like I dont fear them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lol, ummmm ok......your treating me as I have treated you?

What about treating me as you want to be treated?

What about the point i keep making?

Listen we are never going to see eye to eye. I can see your earthly freedom means more to you than anything else and while cherishing our freedoms and fighting for them when the government goes to far are important they take a back seat to what we should do as Christians Galatians 6:2, Philippians 2:4. I shall not respond anymore because it will do no good. Good day may God go with you on your journey

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you are also refusing to address the OBVIOUS point i keep making that sticks out like a sore thumb because you also talk like a tyrant.

3 those who are weak, old, compromised or scared can protect themselves with all, some or more radical precautions themselves.

its not right to rob the world's freedom for a few when the said few are able to protect themselves.

Its not guaranteed i will give the virus to anyone and like i said above, majority won't die and will have mild to no symptoms. The others can protect themselves.

Actually it IS RESTRICTING freedom. Its a outright false statement for you to say that.

If i don't want to wear a mask and yet I'm REQUIRED TOO with the threat that if I dont I cannot buy or sell or serve or be served and could get fined or jailed. Yea, THAT IS RESTRICTING freedom.

Stop denying the obvious.

Also stop refusing to address the point that the small few can protect themselves.

Stop reinstating your position like a tyrant.

Thats not love. You can tip the golden rule upside down all you want, ill press you into a corner and demand you address my point.

I do follow the golden rule. I treat others how I want to be treated. How do I wanna be treated? People not fear me, like I dont fear them.

So by the statements you have made you are in definitely in favor of eugenics.

And exactly where is the line that you draw of those that are acceptable to remove from society?

• Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Listen we are never going to see eye to eye.

I never said we would. But your trying to get me to see eye to eye with you via your tyrant responses without addressing my point.

I can see your earthly freedom means more to you than anything else and while cherishing our freedoms and fighting for them when the government goes to far are important they take a back seat to what we should do as Christians Galatians 6:2, Philippians 2:4. I shall not respond anymore because it will do no good. Good day may God go with you on your journey

No they do not take a backseat when it comes to being Christians. While dont you take into account the multitude of examples in the Bible where people of God DID resist authority?

And why don't you address the point that the weak can protect themselves with these precautions?

So by the statements you have made you are in definitely in favor of eugenics.

And exactly where is the line that you draw of those that are acceptable to remove from society?

Oh my goodness! o_O

No, I'm not in favor of augenics. What I keep saying is totally different then that.

What im saying balances freedom with protection on a razors intelligent edge.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In what way?
The arguments you have made are every bit the same as the eugenics arguments.

I told you what way. I'm not for wiping out the old, weak, fearful, compromised, mentally ill, ect. But I'm not for taking away other peoples choices in regards to masks in the name of health and protecting these people or making them feel safe. THEY can protect themselves with these covid precautions. They won't be wiped out.

Tyrants dont listen or hear. They are a stiff neck people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.