Who's the oldest entertainer you can think of that was alive in your lifetime.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Kirk Douglas was 103 when he died, just about four years ago now. I remember hearing about his passing and having one of those "Wait a minute...he was still alive?" moments.

Vin Scully got up there in years, too...I think he was around 94-95 when he died last year. Not the oldest I've known (both my grandparents on my mom's side lived longer than that, and they were pretty entertaining), but maybe one of the ones I remember the best. I spent literally all of my life hating the Dodgers to the sound of that man's golden voice. RIP.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She died at 81 in 1989.

Lucille Ball died in 1989 too. A little younger at 77.

Nelson Sullivan, a man who was a vlogger before vlogging was even a thing died on July 4th, 1989. He actually recorded a video several hours before he died of a heart attack.

I remember a video of his was posted on YouTube and someone was commenting on his video like it was recent only to be informed he's been dead for decades. Some of his videos were trimmed for YouTube... but it's a little spooky how ahead of his time he was.

I guess I technically was alive in some form in 1989, lol. At least during the later stages of the year.

Not sure if it's true for everyone... but the year before I was born always interests me. People's existence... especially ones who were snuffed out when I came into being. Probably why Nelson's videos mean so much to me. 100s of hours of his videos are posted on YouTube. I've seen a lot of them.. I feel like I actually know him.. in a way you don't with a famous movie or TV star who's long dead. I know you're a Christian and I respect that.. but to me.. it's just sobering to see someone with so much life.. be gone.. in such a time frame where we almost were alive at the same time.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She is still alive isn’t she?

ETA: yeah she is still alive. She is 89 yrs. old now. Brigitte Bardot - Wikipedia
Even slightly younger than I thought she would be today.

But I am relatively young, I don't know how much this thread applies to my lifetime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Wish I could say Bette Davis, but she died a little bit before my time, lol.
great actress! :) I loved "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" and "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte." :D

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0