Who's the oldest entertainer you can think of that was alive in your lifetime.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure it is always a blessing:).
Not long ago he was on the masked singer. People were in tears including me. Just an appreciation for him. That we were honored with his presence.
I'm surprised he's still active!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I just remembered Olivia de Havilland I was watching some of her films on TCM when I found out because they were honoring her. She died in 2020 at the age of 104! She was in some good films. Including Gone With the Wind!
I almost forgot about her!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Butterfly McQueen. She was the maid (Prissy) in Gone with the Wind. Such a tragic, painful death. I was two months old when she died.
There is a black lady at a store I go to that is so sweet and sounds just like her. I have read about McQueen and her beliefs or lack thereof but I have not heard anything concerning her death.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There is a black lady at a sore I go to that is so sweet and sounds just like her. I have read about McQueen and her beliefs or lack thereof but I have not heard anything concerning her death.
She burned to death when she attempted to light a kerosene lamp.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

The trouble was that every episode used between nine and fifteen kangaroos.

Animal actors[edit]​

Between nine and fifteen kangaroos were used for each show. The apparent manual dexterity was often achieved by using separate arms in the hands of human operators. Skippy's trademark "tchk tchk tchk" noise was entirely fictional. Kangaroos make no such sounds. But some sort of sound was needed for the series, and someone came up with the idea of clicking their tongue to make the sound. To this day, many people believe that kangaroos make "tchk tchk" noises.[5][6] To make Skippy move her mouth, supposedly creating the vocalisations, production staff gave the kangaroos chocolate, chewing gum or grass and, in some cases, an elastic band around the lower jaw.

A menagerie of other animals and birds were utilised for the show, including dingoes, possums, emus, galahs and koalas, all trained and managed by Scotty Denholm, a former NSW police dog trainer. In theory there was only one Skippy, but in reality there were many stand-ins. "Like people, some kangaroos are brighter than others," said producer Dennis Hill. Nonetheless there are limits to what you can get a kangaroo to do. Often the actors could be noticed patting the kangaroo to get her to move, or holding her to prevent her moving. Kangaroo paw bottle-openers, of a type that could be purchased at any souvenir shop, were utilised for close-up scenes of Skippy opening doors or picking up objects. There was also a stuffed kangaroo from a taxidermist used for scenes from behind, or when Skippy was required to jump into a confined space such as the helicopter.[5][6]

Upvote 0