Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I`ve seen a lot of people twist scriptures to suit their ideas but you are the first person I ever met that twisted commentaries.
Strange statement. Read the commentaries, they may not agree with your understanding but they are accurate, well researched and reviewed by academics. You are not required to accept them.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Strange statement. Read the commentaries, they may not agree with your understanding but they are accurate, well researched and reviewed by academics. You are not required to accept them.

LOL! What I didn`t accept is your misrepresentation of them.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I disagree. I do not believe Jesus had worldly ambitions nor do I believe He was ever afraid.
Worldly ambitions no, fear yes, he was 100% man,100% God, do men experience fear, yes they do

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL! What I didn`t accept is your misrepresentation of them.
Well if you want to discuss what you consider to be misrepresentations, post them I am leaving now, I will be back tomorrow and clarify anything you post. Blessing

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Worldly ambitions no, fear yes, he was 100% man,100% God, do men experience fear, yes they do

Some men do not experience fear. Some Christians would not fear Martyrdom so why believe Jesus did with no scripture to support such an idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well if you want to discuss what you consider to be misrepresentations, post them I am leaving now, I will be back tomorrow and clarify anything you post. Blessing

That`s ok, I`ll just nail you for it next time you do it :scratch:

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was Jesus Just a Man Or was He GOD?

anyone?
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;

The Jesus who was, His spirit, was in the tent of that body.
"Father into your hands I commit My spirit"

And the Father was living in Him doing His work. They are one.

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Hebrews 1 - about the Son Who was and is.

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Clearly Jesus is all that the Father is. Mighty God

He was a being and a person in the beginning with the Father.
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness

John referred to Jesus as the word of Life.
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete.

It is in Jesus that we live and are held together.
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

...one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

So I think He wasn't just a man or even any angel. The Father calls Him God.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who is a Non-Christian JK
Well is it not true that not one of us whose professing Christianity today ever did any of His miracles...Bill Johnson of Bethel thinks we should he believes Jesus was just a Man so we can be Like Jesus and do what he did and it's Ironic that Bethels School of healing is shut down due to an out break of Covid 19?
And he is a heretic like copeland and all those like him.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
which is to say he did his Fathers will not his own ...
Jesus is one in will with the Father. They share the same love for and desire to save all humanity, for example. But His human flesh naturally recoiled at the foreknowledge He had of His passion-a fear we can certainly relate to. And that fact made His act all the more incredible- especially knowing He could've walked away from it- all the more an act of selfless, humble, and unfathomably deep love.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was Jesus Just a Man Or was He GOD?...

Bible tells Jesus is a man, image of God and the temple of God.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works.
John 14:10-

in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Colossians 1:14

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grampster

Aug 18, 2019
Comstock Park
✟34,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't scroll through 5 pages so maybe this is a duplicate: John 14:9 9Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus identified Himself as the Theophany of the Old Testament. He identified Himself as the only God who has been seen, But He also said the Father is greater than He is. Believing that Jesus is the unseen Father is a misunderstanding of what He said.
The pre-incarnate Jesus did say to Moses if he saw Him in all His glory/goodness, Moses would die there and then. Moses didn't die. Therefore Moses didn't see the Father.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus commanded His disciples to fear not !

He also said do not be afraid what man can do to you but fear God. Matthew 10:27-28

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Perfect love casts out fear. 1 John 4:18

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Jesus Just a Man Or was He GOD?

anyone?
Welcome! Jesus Christ of Nazareth came as God in the flesh. He was resurrected in the flesh and remains as such.
Be blessed.

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0