Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have to be more specific. What commands?
Its the same word in the Greek in Mathew 6 and Philippians below, anxiety and worry are the same thing. Both Jesus and Paul are giving us a command to obey.

Matthew 6:25-34
“Therefore- I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

suffer and fear are not the same and to make the assumption that Jesus feared death is one I will not make for perfect love ( Jesus is Gods love Incarnate) casts out fear. Jesus commanded His disciples not to fear what man can do to them. So if Jesus feared death then He sinned and was in directly contradicting His own commands.

“God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7)

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Weight of the world`s sin on someone who knew no sin would be pretty stressful. I don`t believe he was ever afraid though. I expect better of my hero than that.

Do you consider fear being a weakness?

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its the same word in the Greek in Mathew 6 and Philippians below, anxiety and worry are the same thing. Both Jesus and Paul are giving us a command to obey.

Matthew 6:25-34
“Therefore- I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

suffer and fear are not the same and to make the assumption that Jesus feared death is one I will not make for perfect love ( Jesus is Gods love Incarnate) casts out fear. Jesus commanded His disciples not to fear what man can do to them. So if Jesus feared death then He sinned and was in directly contradicting His own commands.

“God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7)

hope this helps !!!

Look again at these passages you quoted. Does Jesus command us not to fear, or is he encouraging us not to fear? He points out that pagans act on fear. The problem is not the fear itself, but acting on fear.

It's the same with Paul. It's not a command not to be anxious, but an encouragement to take the anxiety in prayer and requests to the Lord, so we can have peace.

I don't think Jesus feared death, but that he was in anxiety over the type of death he was going to meet.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Both.

Jesus is one Person who has two natures: a divine nature and a human nature. In other words, Jesus is both God and man.

Yes, I agree, but he was human when he was born from Mary in a supernatural virgin birth until he died on the cross. He became the Son of Man after that instead of Son of God.

I really don't know how he did it and not sin. He was born without sin due to he being a supernatural being, but to live without sin for so long despite the temptations is something we have a hard time comprehending. We do not have his resolve.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mary called Jesus her savior.

Mary and Joseph brought doves into the temple as a sacrifice for their sins.

God only had one begotten child - a son called Jesus - everyone else is a sinner.

If Mary had to be sinless to have the sinless Jesus, then her mother would need to be sinless to have the sinless Mary - and there would have to be a whole lineage of sinless women, which is ludicrous.

Shalom.
Jesus is the savior. Mary and Joseph were in compliance with the covenant of that time. You obviously did not read any of the material I provided for you so you are uninformed and misinformed it is up to you to put forth the effort to cure that problem unless you feel happier being the way you are and ignoring your responsibility to understand Scripture.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the savior. Mary and Joseph were in compliance with the covenant of that time. You obviously did not read any of the material I provided for you so you are uninformed and misinformed it is up to you to put forth the effort to cure that problem unless you feel happier being the way you are and ignoring your responsibility to understand Scripture.

Sorry, I studied all this years ago.

It’s Mariolatry.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Were it not for the Church Councils you would have no authoritative basis for knowing what is and is not Scripture. You would also have to deal with numerous heresies. I am just trying to show you what Orthodox Theology is, I am not interested in trying to make you believe anything that you are uncomfortable in believing, I see my efforts as being informative not transformative.
Yes many are in denial with the truth of this post in the underlined area above.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Do you consider fear being a weakness?

Depends on the circumstance. I don`t believe in criticizing someone for being afraid but it is imperfection. If our faith is strong we will not be afraid of things.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree, but he was human when he was born from Mary in a supernatural virgin birth until he died on the cross. He became the Son of Man after that instead of Son of God.

I really don't know how he did it and not sin. He was born without sin due to he being a supernatural being, but to live without sin for so long despite the temptations is something we have a hard time comprehending. We do not have his resolve.

The Son of Man is a title that was used exclusively by Jesus - His disciples never addressed Him as such. Jesus used it to emphasize His humanity.

The title goes back to the Book of Daniel (Daniel 7:13-14) where the Son of Man would inherit the everlasting kingdom of God. It is a designation of the Messiah. At His trial Jesus acknowledged that He indeed was the Son of Man - the one who would bring in God's everlasting kingdom.

When the religious leaders heard this they accused Him of blasphemy - making Himself equal with God. The purpose of the title seems to be Jesus' own emphasis on His humanity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Son of Man is a title that was used exclusively by Jesus - His disciples never addressed Him as such. Jesus used it to emphasize His humanity.

The title goes back to the Book of Daniel (Daniel 7:13-14) where the Son of Man would inherit the everlasting kingdom of God. It is a designation of the Messiah. At His trial Jesus acknowledged that He indeed was the Son of Man - the one who would bring in God's everlasting kingdom.

When the religious leaders heard this they accused Him of blasphemy - making Himself equal with God. The purpose of the title seems to be Jesus' own emphasis on His humanity.
its both a human and divine title the context determines the emphasis.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yes, in Daniel it refers the Son of Man as the Messiah. Jesus called himself that. As for the Son of Man to represent his humanity, I think it was God the Father who called Jesus that.

I watched Jesus of Nazareth (1977) two-part mini series and the way Jesus was tried by the Sanhedrin was horrible. The next trial with Pontius Pilate and the reaction of the Jews isn't made clear unless one watched the trial by Sanhedrin. They rather have let a criminal go and shouted for Pilate to free Barabbas.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, in Daniel it refers the Son of Man as the Messiah. Jesus called himself that. As for the Son of Man to represent his humanity, I think it was God the Father who called Jesus that.

I watched Jesus of Nazareth (1977) two-part mini series and the way Jesus was tried by the Sanhedrin was horrible. The next trial with Pontius Pilate and the reaction of the Jews isn't made clear unless one watched the trial by Sanhedrin. They rather have let a criminal go and shouted for Pilate to free Barabbas.

Don't know about the movie ... can't speak for it ... haven't seen it. Most times movies don't get the biblical account totally accurate. ;o)

More info here if interested
Sanhedrin trial of Jesus - Wikipedia

Interesting though .... one of the results of their actions made way for this prophesy made by Jesus to happen (come to pass) ... with the 2nd temple being destroyed.

Luke 19:44
They will level you to the ground--you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation from God."

I haven't found anywhere where God the Father calls Jesus son of man .... only Jesus referring to Himself as such.

His Word is AMAZING!!! ;o)

God Bless.

Upvote 0