New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
I think for some people it requires victory, plenty of spoils of war and of course a firm boot on the enemies throat for the foreseeable future.
You sound very bloodthirsty and hawkish. I would hate to be your neighbor.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You sound very bloodthirsty and hawkish.
Why do I sound this way when I am only describing how I see the viewpoint of the majority of russians?

Let me ask you a different question: How much dancing in the streets do you think the Ukranian people would get in after the "cessation of hostilities" by their surrender to Russia before the Russian invaders came into their town, killed anyone they didn't like, raped all the women and girls and stole the toilets and washing machines?

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Why do I sound this way when I am only describing how I see the viewpoint of the majority of russians?
Proof please.
Let me ask you a different question: How much dancing in the streets do you think the Ukranian people would get in after the "cessation of hostilities" by their surrender to Russia before the Russian invaders came into their town, killed anyone they didn't like, raped all the women and girls and stole the toilets and washing machines?
Lots. I think they would be happy to be alive.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Liberators. I would be happy to get the Nazi supported out of office.

The guy who has been attacking his own people since 2014.
And now you went from pearl-clutching about people defending themselves against violent attack to repeating russian propaganda lies. Don't ask me for proof, you aren't offering any.

In fact, this conversation is over. You have shown your true face enough that I no longer wish to see it (I'm talking about your viewpoints, not your avatar). And for the record, I would also hate to be your neighbour.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
And now you went from pearl-clutching about people defending themselves against violent attack to repeating russian propaganda lies. Don't ask me for proof, you aren't offering any.
When was I pearl clutching? I dont think I have ever done that in my life.
In fact, this conversation is over. You have shown your true face enough that I no longer wish to see it (I'm talking about your viewpoints, not your avatar). And for the record, I would also hate to be your neighbour.
Bye, neighbour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The United States is one country.

The European Union is many countries.

So Russia should get voting rights in the United Kingdom Parliament, as well? After all, the UK is various countries, as well, and is also in Europe -- though the UK (and its countries) also has no vote in the EU.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟95,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So Russia should get voting rights in the United Kingdom Parliament, as well? After all, the UK is various countries, as well, and is also in Europe -- though the UK (and its countries) also has no vote in the EU.
No.
But Russia could join the Commonwealth.

Seats in European Parliament would be the most helpful.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No.
But Russia could join the Commonwealth.

No, it couldn't.

Russia fails to meet nearly all of the basic requirements for Commonwealth membership.

It lacks a historic constitutional association with either the UK or another Commonwealth member
It lacks any commitment to democracy and democratic processes, including free and fair elections and representative legislatures;
It doesn't adhere to the rule of law (neither domestic nor international)
It doesn't adhere to principles around international co-operation, use of force and coercion
It lacks an independent judiciary
It doesn't meet standards of good governance, including basic transparency of public accounts
It doesn't protect of human rights, including racial and religious discrimination
It doesn't have freedom of expression

Seats in European Parliament would be the most helpful.

Only to Russian propagandists

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it couldn't.

Russia fails to meet nearly all of the basic requirements for Commonwealth membership.

It lacks a historic constitutional association with either the UK or another Commonwealth member
It lacks any commitment to democracy and democratic processes, including free and fair elections and representative legislatures;
It doesn't adhere to the rule of law (neither domestic nor international)
It doesn't adhere to principles around international co-operation, use of force and coercion
It lacks an independent judiciary
It doesn't meet standards of good governance, including basic transparency of public accounts
It doesn't protect of human rights, including racial and religious discrimination
It doesn't have freedom of expression

Only to Russian propagandists

Not to mention that they would refuse to recognize the King as sovereign. ;)

Upvote 0