Who Reigns On Earth In The Millenial Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This whole planet was paid for in blood, at Calvary.

See John 19:30, if you have any doubts.

However, my home is found in Hebrews 11:15-16, and Hebrews 12:22-24, and Revelation 3:12.

I'm talking about the kingdom promised to the seed of Abraham.
Jesus doesn't govern the land of Israel.
Benjamin Netanyahu does and he denys Jesus.

You see, Israel rejected Christ and chose who they want to rule and its Benjamin Netanyahu.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Islam is spread all over the world.
Since Satan cant deceive the nations then who deceived all the world's Muslims?
Who has deceived the Jews?
Or do you believe Islam spreads because you believe it's the truth?

I do not think you grasp what Rev 20 is actually saying. It is just stating what is repeatedly taught in both the OT and the NT.

Revelation 20 is just saying what repeated Scripture had been prophesying for centuries about the new covenant period: that the Gentiles would be enlightenment through receiving the truth. There is frequently no qualification as to the extent of the enlightenment. Each statement re the removal of the darkness enveloping the nations is broad and sweeping. If Premil arguments (or mode of interpretation) are applied to Scripture after Scripture like this then one might arrive at the place of universal salvation of the nations. This is absurd, and contrary to what is regularly represented in Scripture.

In the OT the Gentiles were considered blind, death, ignorant, in darkness and in imprisoned. Today they have been enlightened by the truth through the great commission. This is a general statement. Basically: the light has shone, the darkness has been dispelled, the ignorance is gone, and the veil has been lifted! The Gentiles are now without excuse.

God’s heart was to reach the Gentile nations through the earthly ministry of Christ!

Right from the book of Genesis, God promised Abraham in Genesis 17:5-6: a father of many nations have I made thee. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.”

Psalms 22:27-28: “All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations.”

Psalms 72:8-11: He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth. They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust. The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts. Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.”

Psalms 72:17: “His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.”

Isaiah talks often about the great commission going out to the nations and enlightening the Gentiles.

Isaiah 2:2: “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it."

Isaiah 11:10 predicts: “And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, (namely Jesus Christ) which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.”

Isaiah 25:6-7: “And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.”

The testimony of God’s covenant people and the truth of the Gospel Christ was predicted to be a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house” (Isaiah 42:6-7). The scope of that influence would reach “the end of the earth … the isles, and the inhabitants thereof” (Isaiah 42:10).

Did this mean they would all believe? No! It simply described the invasion of the enemy’s territory and the Gospel favour that has been extended to all nations in this current new covenant age.

Isaiah 49:6 likewise teaches: “I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.”

Isaiah 52:10-15: The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God … So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.”

Isaiah 55:5: Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.”

Isaiah 57:19: “I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.”

Isaiah prophesied of Christ that “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee (Isaiah 60:1-5).

Even with these sweeping statements; when Scripture speaks of the enlightenment of the Gentiles it doesn’t suggest that every individual Gentile will be saved. No. It is demonstrating that this grouping that was once outside of the Gospel message, and therefore hope, would now be subjected to the light of truth. Anyway, Satan and demons don't deceive nations, they deceive people within the nations. Satan and demons don't inhabit nations, they inhabit people within the nations. Before Christ’s earthy ministry there was a blanket of deception over the Gentiles. Entire nations were deceived. That is no longer the case. Satan fell from high and lofty place.

Isaiah 62:2: “And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.”

Jeremiah 16:19 says, "O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth"

Malachi 1:11: “For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.”

The Gentiles sat in darkness (outside of God's plan of salvation with a few occasional exceptions) prior to the cross, after the cross salvation visited the nations and light shone in darkness. The light has been shining on the nations for near 2,000 years – the darkness has been dispelled. The deception is gone and the truth is available, however, whilst the general deception has been lifted and the Gospel opportunity is now available to the Gentiles, individuals must personal take a hold of Christ for salvation to be a reality.

Before the cross the Gentiles were considered blind, ignorant, in bondage and living in darkness, deceived by the father of lies. Satan had them hoodwinked. He ruled the nations. He had them under his control. After the resurrection, the Gentiles were no longer deceived as the Gospel light shone throughout the nations. The veil of ignorance was lifted. They are now without excuse.

Zacharias the father of John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Ghost in Luke 1:78-80 and prophesied: “Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.”

Simeon acknowledged in Luke 2:30-32 says: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Prior to Christ’s earthly ministry believers knew that the Gospel was going to go the Gentiles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Islam is spread all over the world.
Since Satan cant deceive the nations then who deceived all the world's Muslims?
2 billion of them.

Or do you believe Islam spreads because you believe it's the truth?

Many conveniently overlook the seismic change in regard to the Gospel opportunity that exist today (in comparison to before the cross) in regard to the nations access to truth.

This truth is highlighted in Matthew 4:8-9 where the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.”

During the temptations of Christ in the desert, Satan offers Jesus the world if He would only bow down before him. Satan was well within his rights to make such an offer since Adam handed over world dominion to him when he allowed himself to be subject to Satan's will.

The parallel passage in Luke 4:5-7 says: “And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.”

Manifestly, through Adam’s sin, Satan was able to present a legitimate temptation to Christ. The fact the devil had the capability to tempt the Lord with this enticement proves he enjoyed authority over the nations that had to be broken. Ultimately, God permitted Satan to have this authority. But it was Adam that relinquished this rule over the earth in the Fall. After all, this was a definite and a real legitimate temptation. The devil had huge power over this world.

God controlled one single nation. Satan controlled the nations plural.

Matthew 4:13-16 records: “leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]; The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.”

In Matthew 12 we see the religious Jews rejecting Christ. Matthew 12:18 & 21 records, “I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] in his name shall the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] trust.

Luke 2:30-32 says: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the ethnos Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], and the glory of thy people Israel.

Christ came to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace” (Luke 1:67-79).

John 12:46 "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."

Acts 2:17 records, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh.”

Acts 11:17 "Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."

Acts 12:27: “And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos].”

Acts 13:47 "For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth."

Acts 15:17: “That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.”

Acts 14:16 confirms that God “in times past suffered all nations [Gr. ethnos] to walk in their own ways.”

Acts 17:30 says, the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.”

Acts 26:16-17 the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

Acts 26:23 declares, “Christ should suffer, and that He should be the first resurrection from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles ([Gr. ethnos]."

The first resurrection opened up the Gospel to the nations!

We should note in this passage, the enlightening of the Gentiles (or) ethnos is carefully connected to the first resurrection of Christ. It is only through this powerful event that the deception that smothered the Gentiles was lifted.

Acts 28:28: Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], and that they will hear it.”

Romans 1:3-5 says, “Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations [Gr. ethnos], for his name.”

Romans 3:29 "Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]? Yes, of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] also"

The Israel of God is therefore NOT restricted to the physical earthly nation of Israel, as of the flesh, but rather to the spiritual seed of Abraham – the spiritual Israel that is born from above. Paul the Apostles said to the largely Gentile church in Rome, in Romans 4:13-18, “For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if they which are of the law (natural Israel) be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed.”

And continues, “not to that only which is of the law (natural Israel), but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (as it is written (in Genesis 12:1-3, 17:5-6, 18:18, 22:15-18), I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not (the Gentiles) as though they were (the Israel of God). Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken (in Genesis 12:1-3, 17:5-6, 18:18, 22:15-18), so shall thy seed be.”

Romans 9:24-26 continues, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the but also of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]? As he saith also in Osee (Hosea 2:23), I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.”

Paul, referring to Deuteronomy 32:21, in Romans 10:19-21, supports this gracious fulfilment, saying, “Moses saith, I will provoke you (natural Israel) to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation (the Church) I will anger you.”

He continues, supporting his line of reasoning, this time referring to Isaiah 65:1, saying, “Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me (the Gentiles). But to [natural] Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”

Paul draws several of the Old Testament prophecies, relating to the removing of this global deception upon the Gentiles éthnee, together in Romans 15:8-12 and shows how this began with the life, death and resurrection of Christ and the subsequent evangelism of the early Church. He declares, Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written (in 1 Samuel 22:50), For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], and sing unto thy name. And again he saith (in Psalm 18:49), Rejoice, ye Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], with his people. And again (in Deuteronomy 32:43), Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]; and laud him, all ye people. And again (in Isaiah 11:10), Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]; in him shall the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] trust.”

Romans 16:25-26 says, “Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.”

Paul the Apostle said to the Galatians believers in Galatians 3:7-9, “know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham (in Genesis 12:1-3, 17:5-6, 18:18, 22:15-18), saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.”

Galatians 3:14 "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Ephesians 2:11-13 confirms this, saying, “ye being in time past Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.”

Did that mean that all Gentiles were wholesale lost or deceived? No! Many Gentiles found Christ in the OT. It was a general observation at the prevailing spiritual condition of the mass of the people. That is all Rev 20 is saying.

The Scriptures often depict the Gentiles in the Old Testament as deceived, without hope, blinded, ignorant and darkened. The Bible repeatedly describes the Gentiles in the New Testament as enlightened. That does not suggest that all were blind in the Old Testament or that all will be enlightened in the New Testament. These are simply sweeping generalities establishing the Gospel climate in either era. The widespread light didn’t shine on the nations throughout the Old Testament. Today, it does exist as the Gospel is preached throughout the nations. Before the cross, the Gospel was largely withheld from the nations. After the cross, the Gospel spread like wildfire throughout the globe. Like Israel in the Old Testament, the Gentiles in the New Testament have now had the light shone on them through the great commission.

Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel"

1 John 2:8: the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.”

2 Peter 1:19 "We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts"

1 Peter 2:9-10: “ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.”

Does Scripture not outline that following Calvary the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ went out onto the Gentiles (ethnos)? And that while individual Gentiles can still be deceived or attacked by Satan, the collective veil that once deluded them has now been remove. Satan cannot stop the Gospel going to the nations as he once did. Since the cross, the Gospel has spread throughout the heathen nations of this world, something that never happened previous. However, this doesn't stop individuals being personally deceived.

Revelation 20:2-3 reads: “And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.”

Scripture often make sweep in general sweeping statements in regard to a people or peoples pertaining to their spiritual state in a given era.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Many conveniently overlook the seismic change in regard to the Gospel opportunity that exist today (in comparison to before the cross) in regard to the nations access to truth.

This truth is highlighted in Matthew 4:8-9 where the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.”

During the temptations of Christ in the desert, Satan offers Jesus the world if He would only bow down before him. Satan was well within his rights to make such an offer since Adam handed over world dominion to him when he allowed himself to be subject to Satan's will.

The parallel passage in Luke 4:5-7 says: “And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.”

Manifestly, through Adam’s sin, Satan was able to present a legitimate temptation to Christ. The fact the devil had the capability to tempt the Lord with this enticement proves he enjoyed authority over the nations that had to be broken. Ultimately, God permitted Satan to have this authority. But it was Adam that relinquished this rule over the earth in the Fall. After all, this was a definite and a real legitimate temptation. The devil had huge power over this world.

God controlled one single nation. Satan controlled the nations plural.

Matthew 4:13-16 records: “leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]; The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.”

In Matthew 12 we see the religious Jews rejecting Christ. Matthew 12:18 & 21 records, “I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] in his name shall the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] trust.

Luke 2:30-32 says: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the ethnos Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], and the glory of thy people Israel.

Christ came to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace” (Luke 1:67-79).

John 12:46 "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."

Acts 2:17 records, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh.”

Acts 11:17 "Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."

Acts 12:27: “And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos].”

Acts 13:47 "For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth."

Acts 15:17: “That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.”

Acts 14:16 confirms that God “in times past suffered all nations [Gr. ethnos] to walk in their own ways.”

Acts 17:30 says, the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.”

Acts 26:16-17 the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

Acts 26:23 declares, “Christ should suffer, and that He should be the first resurrection from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles ([Gr. ethnos]."

The first resurrection opened up the Gospel to the nations!

We should note in this passage, the enlightening of the Gentiles (or) ethnos is carefully connected to the first resurrection of Christ. It is only through this powerful event that the deception that smothered the Gentiles was lifted.

Acts 28:28: Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], and that they will hear it.”

Romans 1:3-5 says, “Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations [Gr. ethnos], for his name.”

Romans 3:29 "Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]? Yes, of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] also"

The Israel of God is therefore NOT restricted to the physical earthly nation of Israel, as of the flesh, but rather to the spiritual seed of Abraham – the spiritual Israel that is born from above. Paul the Apostles said to the largely Gentile church in Rome, in Romans 4:13-18, “For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if they which are of the law (natural Israel) be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed.”

And continues, “not to that only which is of the law (natural Israel), but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (as it is written (in Genesis 12:1-3, 17:5-6, 18:18, 22:15-18), I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not (the Gentiles) as though they were (the Israel of God). Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken (in Genesis 12:1-3, 17:5-6, 18:18, 22:15-18), so shall thy seed be.”

Romans 9:24-26 continues, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the but also of the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]? As he saith also in Osee (Hosea 2:23), I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.”

Paul, referring to Deuteronomy 32:21, in Romans 10:19-21, supports this gracious fulfilment, saying, “Moses saith, I will provoke you (natural Israel) to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation (the Church) I will anger you.”

He continues, supporting his line of reasoning, this time referring to Isaiah 65:1, saying, “Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me (the Gentiles). But to [natural] Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”

Paul draws several of the Old Testament prophecies, relating to the removing of this global deception upon the Gentiles éthnee, together in Romans 15:8-12 and shows how this began with the life, death and resurrection of Christ and the subsequent evangelism of the early Church. He declares, Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written (in 1 Samuel 22:50), For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], and sing unto thy name. And again he saith (in Psalm 18:49), Rejoice, ye Gentiles [Gr. ethnos], with his people. And again (in Deuteronomy 32:43), Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]; and laud him, all ye people. And again (in Isaiah 11:10), Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos]; in him shall the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] trust.”

Romans 16:25-26 says, “Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.”

Paul the Apostle said to the Galatians believers in Galatians 3:7-9, “know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham (in Genesis 12:1-3, 17:5-6, 18:18, 22:15-18), saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.”

Galatians 3:14 "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Ephesians 2:11-13 confirms this, saying, “ye being in time past Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.”

Did that mean that all Gentiles were wholesale lost or deceived? No! Many Gentiles found Christ in the OT. It was a general observation at the prevailing spiritual condition of the mass of the people. That is all Rev 20 is saying.

The Scriptures often depict the Gentiles in the Old Testament as deceived, without hope, blinded, ignorant and darkened. The Bible repeatedly describes the Gentiles in the New Testament as enlightened. That does not suggest that all were blind in the Old Testament or that all will be enlightened in the New Testament. These are simply sweeping generalities establishing the Gospel climate in either era. The widespread light didn’t shine on the nations throughout the Old Testament. Today, it does exist as the Gospel is preached throughout the nations. Before the cross, the Gospel was largely withheld from the nations. After the cross, the Gospel spread like wildfire throughout the globe. Like Israel in the Old Testament, the Gentiles in the New Testament have now had the light shone on them through the great commission.

Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel"

1 John 2:8: the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.”

2 Peter 1:19 "We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts"

1 Peter 2:9-10: “ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.”

Does Scripture not outline that following Calvary the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ went out onto the Gentiles (ethnos)? And that while individual Gentiles can still be deceived or attacked by Satan, the collective veil that once deluded them has now been remove. Satan cannot stop the Gospel going to the nations as he once did. Since the cross, the Gospel has spread throughout the heathen nations of this world, something that never happened previous. However, this doesn't stop individuals being personally deceived.

Revelation 20:2-3 reads: “And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.”

Scripture often make sweep in general sweeping statements in regard to a people or peoples pertaining to their spiritual state in a given era.

So you believe Muslims are not deceived?
Who deceived all those Muslim nations?

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God says Gog will fall upon the mountains of Israel and you say he won't. Hmmm. Which one of you should I trust would tell the truth?

Ezekiel 39:4 On the mountains of Israel you will fall--you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to every kind of ravenous bird and wild beast.

And yes, this is the same Gog from revelation. The exact same Gog. You should be ashamed of trying to change God's word in Revelation.

Revelation 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--to assemble them for battle. Their number is like the sand of the seashore.

God says its Gog and you say it's not. Hmmm
God doesn't lie.

Like I said, the Gog/Magog of Ezekiel is NOT the same event as the Gog/Magog that happens AFTER... Christ's future 1,000 years reign with their coming upon the "camp of the saints".

The Ezekiel 38 & 39 events are for the END of this present world when Jesus comes on the "day of the Lord". It is BEFORE His 1,000 years reign of Rev.20.

Proof? In Ezekiel 38 we are given the alignment of nations at the end that will come up against Israel. They are areas Ezekiel was familiar with in his day, but have some changes for our day.

The Ezekiel 38 Nation Alignment For The End of This Present World:

1. "chief prince of Meshech" -- or translated 'prince of Rosh' or Rhos. This points to Russia. Because we can see Russia aligned with the next nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38, it further proves this Rosh is the area of Russia.

2. "Persia" - area of Iran and Iraq. Iran is still allied with Russia, so are the Islamic radicals in Iraq.

3. "Ethiopia" -- Ethiopia used to cover the whole land below Egypt. But now part of it is the nation of Sudan branched off from modern Ethiopia sometime in the past. Sudan is allied with the Islamic radicals with Russia.

4. "Libya" -- Libya is definitely allied with radical Islam and supported by Russia.

5. "Gomer" -- Gomer represented a northern area, and most likely represents old Soviet satellite regions like Georgia which the majority there are still subject to Russia. A small group of Georgians tried to separate and join NATO but Russia rolled in tanks a few years ago and ended the revolt.

6. "Togarmah" -- what today is known as the area of Turkey. Though Turkey is a NATO member nation, radical Islam and Russia have been trying to end that relationship with western nations. Turkey is the final nation on the Ezek.38 list to side with Russia, so it is the area to be watching for the list to be completed.

Ezekiel 39 is the culmination of that great army coming upon the nation of Israel on the last day of this present world, just prior to Christ's 2nd coming. Then Ezekiel 40 starts the Millennium reign by Christ and His, and the establishing of His Millennial temple in the holy land. Then 1,000 years after... that, is the destruction of Satan's host Gog/Magog, which name is used to represent those which Satan is able to deceive to come upon not the nation of Israel, but upon the "camp of the saints" (Rev.20:9). There is a difference with just 'who' the army of Ezekiel 38 is, and Satan's host of Rev.20 is.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you believe Muslims are not deceived?
Who deceived all those Muslim nations?

Please read what I wrote. The Bible makes general sweeping statements regarding the darkened Gentiles as a whole before Christ came. They "were without Christ ... aliens from the commonwealth of Israel ... strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world" before the First Advent, "but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.”

Through the sinless life, atoning death, and glorious first resurrection, the light shone upon the darkened Gentiles. They are now without excuse!

This is not a difficult biblical truth to grasp - if you do not have a theological agenda.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm talking about the kingdom promised to the seed of Abraham.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Like I said, the Gog/Magog of Ezekiel is NOT the same event as the Gog/Magog that happens AFTER... Christ's future 1,000 years reign with their coming upon the "camp of the saints".

The Ezekiel 38 & 39 events are for the END of this present world when Jesus comes on the "day of the Lord". It is BEFORE His 1,000 years reign of Rev.20.

Proof? In Ezekiel 38 we are given the alignment of nations at the end that will come up against Israel. They are areas Ezekiel was familiar with in his day, but have some changes for our day.

The Ezekiel 38 Nation Alignment For The End of This Present World:

1. "chief prince of Meshech" -- or translated 'prince of Rosh' or Rhos. This points to Russia. Because we can see Russia aligned with the next nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38, it further proves this Rosh is the area of Russia.

2. "Persia" - area of Iran and Iraq. Iran is still allied with Russia, so are the Islamic radicals in Iraq.

3. "Ethiopia" -- Ethiopia used to cover the whole land below Egypt. But now part of it is the nation of Sudan branched off from modern Ethiopia sometime in the past. Sudan is allied with the Islamic radicals with Russia.

4. "Libya" -- Libya is definitely allied with radical Islam and supported by Russia.

5. "Gomer" -- Gomer represented a northern area, and most likely represents old Soviet satellite regions like Georgia which the majority there are still subject to Russia. A small group of Georgians tried to separate and join NATO but Russia rolled in tanks a few years ago and ended the revolt.

6. "Togarmah" -- what today is known as the area of Turkey. Though Turkey is a NATO member nation, radical Islam and Russia have been trying to end that relationship with western nations. Turkey is the final nation on the Ezek.38 list to side with Russia, so it is the area to be watching for the list to be completed.

Ezekiel 39 is the culmination of that great army coming upon the nation of Israel on the last day of this present world, just prior to Christ's 2nd coming. Then Ezekiel 40 starts the Millennium reign by Christ and His, and the establishing of His Millennial temple in the holy land. Then 1,000 years after... that, is the destruction of Satan's host Gog/Magog, which name is used to represent those which Satan is able to deceive to come upon not the nation of Israel, but upon the "camp of the saints" (Rev.20:9). There is a difference with just 'who' the army of Ezekiel 38 is, and Satan's host of Rev.20 is.

All of those nations are outside of the promised land which is given to the seed of Abraham after Christ comes.

See, you don't even understand why Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia,Lebanon, Gaza, don't Invade israel and those are present day neighbors of Israel.

If you understood the war of Armegeddon in Revelation then you would know why those countries don't invade Israel with Gog.
You should at least understand why Egypt doesn't Invade Israel with Gog. But for some reason you don't know.
Well, all I can tell you is you need to study more. Maybe someday God will show you why.

Maybe this verse can help you alittle.
Isaiah 19:23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt, and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together.

By the time Gog invades Israel, there will already be a highway from Assyria to Egypt.Those nations and the nations between them will belong to the Lord long before Gog comes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Yes, the land promised to Abraham's seed.
You know, that area of land where very few people believe Jesus is the Son of God and almost all say he is not.
That land where Satan has deceived almost everyone into believing Jesus is not the son of God.
A land soon to be destroyed.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the land promised to Abraham's seed.
You know, that area of land where very few people believe Jesus is the Son of God and almost all say he is not.
That land where Satan has deceived almost everyone into believing Jesus is not the son of God.
A land soon to be destroyed.

In Galatians 3:16 Paul makes it plain that Jesus is the only seed to whom the promise was made.
Are you ignoring that verse?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In Galatians 3:16 Paul makes it plain that Jesus is the only seed to whom the promise was made.
Are you ignoring that verse?

No, I agree. The promised land is promised to Christ. That is his kingdom.

Today it occupied by a beast. It is given to Christ when his enemies are destroyed.
Revelation 17:14 They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones."

Christ obtains the kingdom after the beast is cast into the lake of fire.
Then those who were killed for thier testimony of Christ who did not worship the beast or receive its mark shall be resurrected and shall live and reign with Christ upon his throne.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All of those nations are outside of the promised land which is given to the seed of Abraham after Christ comes.

See, you don't even understand why Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia,Lebanon, Gaza, don't Invade israel and those are present day neighbors of Israel.

Uh...what?? Like I showed, the nation alignment of Ezekiel 38 is almost complete today. That makes it plain what timing that Gog/Magog event of Ezekiel 38 is for, i.e., the last day of this PRESENT world just prior to Christ's 2nd coming. The events of Revelation 20, Christ's millennial reign with His elect over the nations, doesn't even begin... until the day of His return. So it is impossible to confuse the Ezekiel 38 Gog/Magog with the Rev.20 Gog/Magog. Those who PURPOSEFULLY confuse the two, like you are doing... do so because of some agenda of man they are on.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... Moreover about Gog/Magog of Rev.20, there are OTHER Bible Scripture proofs that show Satan is NOT destroyed on the day of Christ's 2nd coming. This also makes it impossible for the Gog/Magog event of Rev.20 to be an event that happens on the day of Christ's return.

God's speaks this about Lucifer, how he boasted what he will do against God, in wanting to be GOD. When Satan is locked in his pit prison when Jesus returns, we will look over at him in the pit and say, "Is this the man...?"

Isa 14:13-17
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, "Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?"
KJV

This also is about the kings of the earth that will be cast into Satan's pit prison with him, and after many days (the thousand years) will be visited (i.e., judged at the GWT Judgment)...

Isa 24:20-23
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before His ancients gloriously.
KJV

So truly, these Amillennialists like shilohsfoal should actually heed what the start of Revelation 20 declares as to the timing...

Rev 20:1-3
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
KJV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God has stated that this is Gog in this verse.
You say it is not Gog.
One of you is lying.
I will continue to trust God and not you.

Revelation 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--to assemble them for battle. Their number is like the sand of the seashore.

And now you are lying about me.
I don't even believe amillenialism much less teach it.
You should probably stop arguing against posters. No one really knows what you accept. You seem to randomly argue with points that both you and the one you argue with accept. tomato vs tomato One of you is accusing the other on the wrong accent.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... Moreover about Gog/Magog of Rev.20, there are OTHER Bible Scripture proofs that show Satan is NOT destroyed on the day of Christ's 2nd coming. This also makes it impossible for the Gog/Magog event of Rev.20 to be an event that happens on the day of Christ's return.

Take at look in the link below about the parallels between the battle of Armageddon, and Gog/Magog.

Gog of Magog - Here a little, there a little - Prophecy

Because the time of the judgment of the dead is in Revelation 11:18, we know the book is not in chronological order.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God's speaks this about Lucifer, how he boasted what he will do against God, in wanting to be GOD. When Satan is locked in his pit prison when Jesus returns, we will look over at him in the pit and say, "Is this the man...?"

Isa 14:13-17
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, "Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?"
KJV

This also is about the kings of the earth that will be cast into Satan's pit prison with him, and after many days (the thousand years) will be visited (i.e., judged at the GWT Judgment)...

Isa 24:20-23
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before His ancients gloriously.
KJV

So truly, these Amillennialists like shilohsfoal should actually heed what the start of Revelation 20 declares as to the timing...

Rev 20:1-3
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
KJV

Satan is not a man Davy.
You are confusing the king of Babylon, who is a man with Satan who is a spirit.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,753,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

immadatyou.gif

This thread is closed for review. The flaming is unacceptable.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.