Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you acknowledging that we aren't getting the actual facts on the news?

Yes bias is a funny thing, hard to nail down I mean. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it isn't. Some news outlets do make a concerted effort to try and counteract their own bias though, The NYT for example, which has an obvious liberal agenda, does make a point of publishing views from the right and centre of political views alongside its own articles quite often. The few times I've watched Fox though, apart from one or two token left-leaning reporters, the bias is embarrasingly in your face to the point of absurdity. I have my own bias too, of course, so I just try to look at the actual content when I don't immediately like something, because of my own bias. This article, that someone posted in another thread, seems quite reasonable and balanced to me: After Epstein Arrest: Did Hillary Clinton Abuse Her Position to Aid a Child Kidnapper?
Whereas some of the other articles about the Clintons (etc) are just so badly put together they aren't worth bothering with.
There are some very high quality conservative news sources in the UK, for example The Times, and The Spectator, but much of what I've seen of conservative reporting in the US is a bit rubbish, I think. Just low standards and little attempt at balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I feel the mods will end up shutting down this threAd. It's kinda become a thread of incredulity as posters try to wrap their head around OldWiseGuy being ok with traumatizing Children as opposed to his slightly more nuanced (though no more kind, compassionate, loving or Christian) idea that hey, I've been abused too, therefore traumatizing kids just is fine.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We shouldn't hide the cold hard facts of life behind the smokescreen of humanity and compassion.
But does that justify treating them poorly, which you are trying to justify here.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Half the kids (my estimate) in this country already have some serious problems.
I am not sure about half, but we as a society are paying for that. The good news is that more and more people are recognizing the issues and working to help them.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
We shouldn't hide the cold hard facts of life behind the smokescreen of humanity and compassion.
You could say that as you are whipping your child with booster cables though.

You have just attempted to justify abuse of children.

At this point though, I kinda think that must be your end game

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of The Children:copyright:...

8O daughter of Babylon, doomed to be destroyed,
blessed shall he be who repays you
with what you have done to us!
9Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones
and dashes them against the rock!

—Psalm 137

Where’s the compassssssssion?

23From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.
—2 Kings 2

How uncaring! Elisha just walks off and goes on about his business.

Even a child
makes himself known by his acts, by whether his conduct is pure and upright.
-Proverbs 20:11

There may be more to this The Children:copyright: thing than meets the eye...

One thing that many overlook here is the flagrant disregard of God's Babel judgment. He forced man apart and scattered him. Listen to the voices behind these engineered migrations and you will find the same spirit of Nimrod & Co. selling their fake "oneness"/borderless globalism. Oneness is only offered by God to us in Christ. Any other offer is satanic.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

—Psalm 137

Tell you what. Let's have your kids dashed upon the rock then.

I will say "Let the children come to me" in the hope of needed that my children will also be welcomed.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean the kids are here legally, it's their parents who aren't?
The kids have done nothing illegal. They are refugees, they are victims, they are innocent, and they are in our care. To punish or neglect minors because of the actions of their parents is a violation of human rights and basic decency. This is what people do to children when they have dehumanized the group the children are a part of. We did it to the children of slaves, we did it to the children of Jews.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Tell you what. Let's have your kids dashed upon the rock then.

I will say "Let the children come to me" in the hope of needed that my children will also be welcomed.

I wasn’t recommending that, just pointing out that our God isn’t sappy and sentimental about The Children. Many self-righteous people use them as sheeps' clothing while they do the work of Satan (by rebuilding Babel).

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

—Psalm 137

23From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.
—2 Kings 2

How uncaring! Elisha just walks off and goes on about his business.

Even a child
makes himself known by his acts, by whether his conduct is pure and upright.
-Proverbs 20:11

There may be more to this The Children:copyright: thing than meets the eye...

One thing that many overlook here is the flagrant disregard of God's Babel judgment. He forced man apart and scattered him. Listen to the voices behind these engineered migrations and you will find the same spirit of Nimrod & Co. selling their fake "oneness"/borderless globalism. Oneness is only offered by God to us in Christ. Any other offer is satanic.
This is sick and disgusting, you are using the Bible to justify murdering children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is sick and disgusting, you are using the Bible to justify murdering children.

I did no such thing. Just pointing out that God doesn’t share the modern fake compassion for The Children as so many do. He also sees through the attempts to hide behind them while adult children of the devil work to rebuild Babel.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The illegals declared war on us decades ago. Undercutting our workforce, then sending much of the plunder back to their country.

That's not really a declaration of war, is it? If I had the misfortune to be born somewhere where my chances of developing any kind of stable life were few to none I'd head for the nearest country where I could get at least a reasonable wage and relatively safe working conditions. Guys like Trump, as one example, have a steady stream of workers they can exploit precisely because they have no other realistic choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 18:7 comes to mind. There is simply no reason to seek to minimize a terrible sin that strikes at the very heart of the image of God.

I assume you are referring to Trump?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you are in good company.

5 And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me.
10 See that you do not look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.a

No one is forbidding these kids to come to Christ.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure. On top of accepting collateral damage as justification you also take the freedom to define anything you like as "war" in order to have access to this justification.

Don't mistake explanation for justification.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's not really a declaration of war, is it? If I had the misfortune to be born somewhere were my chances of developing any kind of stable life were few to none I'd head for the nearest country where I could get at least a reasonable wage and relatively safe working conditions. Guys like Trump, as one example, have a steady stream of workers they can exploit precisely because they have no other realistic choice.

They didn't head for the 'nearest' country, which is the accepted international rule for refugees.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They didn't head for the 'nearest' country, which is the accepted international rule for refugees.

Sure but the point is the finding stable work idea - migrating from Honduras to Mexico wouldn't improve opportunites all that much, I should think.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel the mods will end up shutting down this threAd. It's kinda become a thread of incredulity as posters try to wrap their head around OldWiseGuy being ok with traumatizing Children as opposed to his slightly more nuanced (though no more kind, compassionate, loving or Christian) idea that hey, I've been abused too, therefore traumatizing kids just is fine.

The mods will also observe the extreme, knee-jerk reactions by liberals and atheists that my threads usually get. No questions, just invective.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure but the point is the finding stable work idea - migrating from Honduras to Mexico wouldn't improve opportunites all that much, I should think.

Employment isn't the purpose of fleeing oppression as refugees. Why not flee to a country with the same language and similar culture?

There is something very sinister going on with this movement, and I'm sure it will be revealed in time. And regardless of the hardships the migrants are suffering it must be stopped at the border.

Last edited:
Upvote 0