Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
That is the context of the quoted scripture.

What makes you think that they don't already have Jesus on their side? You are the one that needs to take the speck out of your own eye.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
as i said. a perfect jurist.

I think you mean "juror". A "jurist" is a member of the bench, a judge.

You are free to challenge me off the jury.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is that surprising? We don't care if they don't assimilate at all.

For their sake, I hope they would. It will make their lives in this country much easier.

But even if the immigrant generation doesn't assimilate well, their children, and children's children will. That's the inevitable progression.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you placing blame on our border authorities for the situation the migrants have placed themselves in? When you invite yourself for dinner you might be served leftovers.
I dont blame migrants trying get a better life. And I sure most people, that are not caring and complaining about migrants would do exactly the same thing.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't support inflicting trauma on children. Whatever gave you that idea? If it were up to me a barrier would be in place and they wouldn't even have come here.
Your whole OP is a minimization of their experience. If you don't support traumatizing children you certainly seem unable to process how this experience may actually traumatize children.

You could read up on that if you'd want to.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your whole OP is a minimization of their experience. If you don't support traumatizing children you certainly seem unable to process how this experience may actually traumatize children.

You could read up on that if you'd want to.

No one knows the long term effect of any of this.

As I said if they do develop mental or emotional problems they will fit right into our troubled population. :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I dont blame migrants trying get a better life. And I sure most people, that are not caring and complaining about migrants would do exactly the same thing.

You do understand who the "better life" is going to hurt don't you? One minute the liberals are all for helping the black community, the next minute they want to pull the rug out from under them. What they really want is a huge underemployed minority population that will swell the nation's social services budgets, and will vote Democrat.

Yes, Immigration Hurts American Workers

https://www.theroot.com/how-illegal-immigration-hurts-black-america-1790878554

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
You do understand who the "better life" is going to hurt don't you? One minute the liberals are all for helping the black community, the next minute they want to pull the rug out from under them. What they really want is a huge underemployed minority population that will swell the nation's social services budgets, and will vote Democrat.

https://www.theroot.com/how-illegal-immigration-hurts-black-america-1790878554
This is coming from the same poster that also just posted this
The mods will also observe the extreme, knee-jerk reactions by liberals and atheists that my threads usually get. No questions, just invective.

Just invective indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based upon the compassion and empathy you seem incapable of displaying I find that last claim doubtful.

If you want to express compassion and empathy in regard to this topic start your own thread. :mad:

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If your first, automatic, reflexive response to children being put in concentration camps isn't compassion & empathy, you really have to stop and consider whether or not it's worth your while to go on pretending to be a Christian.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,801.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If you want to express compassion and empathy in regard to this topic start your own thread. :mad:
I don't believe compassion and empathy should be excluded from any venue. You appear to feel it should be excluded from all venues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I suspect that it might have been more than just going without a toothbrush and some soap....

Yeah. It's unfortunate...but sometimes the people claiming to be family aren't even related to them.

Misrepresenting Themselves at the Border

"DHS also initiated a pilot DNA testing program in El Paso and McAllen, Texas, that ran from May 6 to May 10, 2019. DHS tested 84 family units during those four days — 16 turned out to be fake families. In other words, almost 20 percent of these supposed families were frauds.

Mr. Nevano also related that Border Patrol
agents said other “families” who were not selected for testing “voluntarily came forward and admitted they were part of a fraudulent family, as they heard/witnessed that DNA testing was being conducted.”

In fact, DHS has evidence that aliens and human smugglers are “renting” (and even buying!) children to get into the country. DHS caught a 51-year old Honduran who admitted that the infant child he initially claimed was his son was actually purchased from the birth mother for the equivalent of $84."

Renting children! Thank goodness they're fixing this.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I suspect much of the cost of keeping them is not in basic needs and humanitarian aid, but in employing guards and security to keep them from escaping.

Well I'm sure there's that....

After all, without them, the next problem you'll hear about is homeless and dead children in the streets.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If your first, automatic, reflexive response to children being put in concentration camps isn't compassion & empathy, you really have to stop and consider whether or not it's worth your while to go on pretending to be a Christian.

Christians must address the cold hard facts of life.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe compassion and empathy should be excluded from any venue. You appear to feel it should be excluded from all venues.

There is too much misdirected compassion and empathy that blinds us the hard facts of what is actually happening here.

• Winner
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0