Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Cold hard fact: There´s a child without a toothbrush.
It can be addressed, and it can easily be solved.

Ehhh...a child without a toothbrush is easily addressed. Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of children without a toothbrush is actually a significantly more difficult problem to address.

The thing is....this agency has a budget like every other agency. Things cost money. If they only have so much money, and have to choose between a toothbrush and something to eat...I'd rather the child go without the toothbrush.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Ehhh...a child without a toothbrush is easily addressed. Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of children without a toothbrush is actually a significantly more difficult problem to address.

The thing is....this agency has a budget like every other agency. Things cost money. If they only have so much money, and have to choose between a toothbrush and something to eat...I'd rather the child go without the toothbrush.
Ok, then it´s a little more difficult. The budget problem needs to be addressed. I´m sure it´s solvable, even for Christians.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I think they're shipping toothbrushes down there as fast as they can, 88,000 at last report.
...and now you envy the children even more because they don´t even have this problem anymore?

Just don't feed them sugary foods or drinks until then. Of course Latin Americans have a taste for soft drinks, especially Coca Cola.
...as opposed to Northern Americans?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, then it´s a little more difficult. The budget problem needs to be addressed. I´m sure it´s solvable, even for Christians.

Absolutely....and if you want to get technical, emergency funding was approved.

I just get tired of the blame shifting. You have 2 groups in Congress....one has tried to address this problem for 6 months, tried to declare an emergency, tried to get emergency funding months ago.

The other group has stonewalled, denied that the problem existed, refused to cooperate with any attempt at fixing immigration....and now that the public has been made aware of the results of their inaction....they're blaming the only people tasked with dealing with this crisis.

It's wrong.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I was angling for the increased diabetes risk among Hispanics in general. Drinking CocaCola is the national pastime in Mexico.

Diabetes Among Hispanics: All Are Not Equal
To be fair, the Mexico Coca Cola in glass bottles is far superior to the canned crap we get here in America. There is a difference. If you prefer the canned stuff you're not a real person.

Upvote 0