Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The children who have been detained in appalling conditions at the border could bear scars from the experience for life, experts say

Almost everyone I know from my childhood has suffered experiences that have 'scarred' them for life, myself included. If being detained at the border in "appalling" conditions (no toothbrush or soap) is the worst 'scars' these kids face I envy them.

Also they're trying to enter a country where much of the population suffers from some mental or emotional problem, so they'll fit right in.

I'm sure that many of these kids faced worse conditions in their home country and on their journey to get here.

Kids are resilient. They'll do just fine.

I did. :confused:

Right. Why draw the line at treating refugees like dirt though? Why bother with anything? Why not just put some fat playground bully in the White House so he can tell everyone what's true and what isn't, and eliminate all of the that tiresome thinking and finding things out business. Who needs any of that? Let's just stuff our faces with some more low quality 'food' products and watch some manufactured crap on the 'news'. Good old Fox won't make us uncomfortable by mentioning things we don't like. USA! USA!

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But the kids didnt roll the dice, they had no choice. And they’re not all teenagers anyway. Why are posting these fallacies? The kids are totally innocent, yet you continue to act as if they had a choice.

Do you mean the kids are here legally, it's their parents who aren't?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right. Why draw the line at treating refugees like dirt though? Why bother with anything? Why not just put some fat playground bully in the White House so he can tell everyone what's true and what isn't, and eliminate all of the that tiresome thinking and finding things out business. Who needs any of that? Let's just stuff our faces with some more low quality 'food' products and watch some manufactured crap on the 'news'. Good old Fox won't make us uncomfortable by mentioning things we don't like. USA! USA!

Are you acknowledging that we aren't getting the actual facts on the news?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was beat with metal weapons as a child. But I don't see how illegals being treated badly is okay.

Are you placing blame on our border authorities for the situation the migrants have placed themselves in? When you invite yourself for dinner you might be served leftovers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought my post was very empathetic (been there too), just not very sympathetic.

I would never justify cruelty just because "my man" is in the White House.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would never justify cruelty just because "my man" is in the White House.

There's nothing on my, or their, birth certificate that says life would be easy.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
In war (this is war) there is always collateral damage.
Sure. On top of accepting collateral damage as justification you also take the freedom to define anything you like as "war" in order to have access to this justification.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
There's nothing on my, or their, birth certificate that says life would be easy.

You can justify any cruelty that way.
But: this isn´t life acting - it´s human agents acting, and they act on your behalf.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure. On top of accepting collateral damage as justification you also take the freedom to define anything you like as "war" in order to have access to this justification.

I'm just repeating what our border guards are saying. And by all accounts it's a massive invasion of our southern border by people who want to take advantage of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can justify any cruelty that way.
But: this isn´t life acting - it´s human agents acting, and they act on your behalf.

Cruelty: Our border authority doing the best they can with an impossible situation.

Better contact Merriam Webster about this.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last time I checked border guards aren´t in the position to declare war.

The illegals declared war on us decades ago. Undercutting our workforce, then sending much of the plunder back to their country.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Matthew 18:7 comes to mind. There is simply no reason to seek to minimize a terrible sin that strikes at the very heart of the image of God.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry, I find this attitude detestable.

I think you are in good company.

5 And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me.
10 See that you do not look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.a

Upvote 0