Who is your favorite person in the Bible?

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, lowest of the low moment to say the least. I cannot imagine how Moses withstood all of it. Aaron was maybe forced to make the calf. Here's the problem though.....he had a flaw that contributed to his giving in to the people....

he feared "man" more than he feared "God".

yup

I'm not saying it was right, just that i understand. :D
I learned early on not to ask the question "who could that person do that?!"
God has a way of answering that question through experience. :confused:

So I cut Aaron some slack, cause I would hate to be put in the position he was in. I can't relate, and I don't want to. :p

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, lowest of the low moment to say the least. I cannot imagine how Moses withstood all of it. Aaron was maybe forced to make the calf. Here's the problem though.....he had a flaw that contributed to his giving in to the people....

he feared "man" more than he feared "God".

Yes I’ve always thought the Israelites were absolutely crazy, witnessing all those miracles and then breaking God’s commandments?!! Are you kidding me? What were you thinking?!! :scratch:

• Haha
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
yup

So I cut Aaron some slack, cause I would hate to be put in the position he was in. I can't relate, and I don't want to. :p

Then there's Miriam.

^_^

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides:
Jesus Mary
We would have nothing without Moses. He went to the mountain top many times to receive what HE did from God. Even in his old age "Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died, his eye was not dim, nor his vigor abated". He could still climb the mountain. All the rest of the Bible was given to help us understand what God revealed in and through Moses.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes I’ve always thought the Israelites were absolutely crazy, witnessing all those miracles and then breaking God’s commandments?!! Are you kidding me? What were you thinking?!! :scratch:

Yes! And there were like MILLIONS of them, and they would turn on Moses in a heartbeat.

No WONDER he asked God what did he do to "deserve" these people?

^_^

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We would have nothing without Moses. He went to the mountain top many times to receive what HE did from God. Even in his old age "Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died, his eye was not dim, nor his vigor abated". He could still climb the mountain. All the rest of the Bible was given to help us understand what God revealed in and through Moses.

I agree about Moses. :)

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yup

Maybe the Israelites were standing on a huge rock pile...ya never know. Lol:swoon:

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Although if I’m not mistaken Jesus said that JTB was the greatest prophet who ever lived.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes! And there were like MILLIONS of them, and they would turn on Moses in a heartbeat.

No WONDER he asked God what did he do to "deserve" these people?

^_^

Could you imagine being Aaron contemplating how to dodge all those stones? Ummm...ok ok I’ll just make the stupid calf...ughh:doh:

• Haha
Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They say the Melchizedek priesthood is still available to us today. This goes beyond the Aaron priesthood (Moses brother).
I wish there was more Biblical information from the garden up to Abraham. Especially up to the flood. Can you imagine how much people must have known after living 100s of years? It probably wasn't the same information we have today, but they probably knew some amazing things. Were there other priests before Melchizedek too? We know Cain and Able made offerings to God, but what was the religious system back then? It seems like Cain knew God pretty well. They were having conversations. I wonder how we managed to drift so far away from our roots. I wonder how people were so quick to sin if God was so present. Yeah, would love it if they ever found books from the early days like the chronicles in the Old Testament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish there was more Biblical information from the garden up to Abraham.
Actually I had a vision on that today. God did an amazing work in the mind of Abraham and that passed from him to his descendants. What I saw had to do with the descendants of Abraham and the Handmaiden Hagar the Egyptian. These are the nations that make up the Arab continental plate. We can learn a lot from science and history. Even Psychology & Philosophy can help us to learn about the evolution of the individual mind and the collective conscious if you follow the basic method that has proven to work for the rest of the sciences.

We know that Moses studied under his father in law who helped him. The Mormons today talk about the Melchizedek priesthood in comparison to the Aaron priesthood. They could maybe help you to understand some of the things you are wanting to learn about. Of course when we get to Heaven it will be a lot easier. We will be able to go talk to Abraham and the people that were alive back then to find out what life was like for them at that time. Sort of like I would ask my grandmother what life was like back in the horse and wagon day before the auto was invented. Or I would talk to my dad about when radio first came out and they were so amazed that a voice was coming out of a box filled with tubes.

Noah's father and Adam would have both been alive for a short number of years. So it could be that his father knew or had the chance to talk to Adam. Noah's flood took place soon after Noah's father died.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, would love it if they ever found books from the early days like the chronicles in the Old Testament.
They have plenty of clay tablets that that goes back at least 1,000 years before the Bible was written.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Deborah.

She was a wife and a mother, and a Prophetess and a Judge. She would station herself under a tree that was named after her, to act as Judge to the many who came seeking her wisdom.

She was also a courageous woman of God who feared God, and not man. That is why the Captain of the army came to her and told her that he would not go to war unless she went with him. So she did.

After God gave them victory, Deborah sang a song of praise to the God Who she knew granted the victory, as the captain joined in.

Deborah was a Godly and righteous woman of God who was used mightily of God, as, of all things, a Judge.

Phenomenal.

Upvote 0