Who is your favorite person in the Bible?

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like some of you mentioned already, I like Paul the Apostle, such a courageous and bold figure. Also filled with the Holy Spirit, which obviously reflects in his writings. A man who is so humble in the way he spoke, yet so sensitive in his relationship with God.

Someone I can definitely relate to.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like some of you mentioned already, I like Paul the Apostle, such a courageous and bold figure. Also filled with the Holy Spirit, which obviously reflects in his writings. A man who is so humble in the way he spoke, yet so sensitive in his relationship with God.

Ditto! :) Among my favorites, also.

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't actually have a set reason, just never found him as interesting.

LOL! Ok, there was a time i didn't either.

But then i read the part where he came right and asked God 'did I give birth to these people?' And he asked God what he did to deserve the punishment of dealing with these back-biting people, etc.

^_^

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Seriously? He's hilarious, Granted he's not funny like jokes, but if you go back and picture everything that happened, he was quite funny.

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hmmm...

Never really saw Paul as humble. He seems like the one who would end up in conflicts if you went out with a group. I appreciate his commitment and his drive, but I think he would have driven me crazy if i was around him all the time. Like one of those people who gets under your skin, but they are hard to shut down because they always bring up valid points. :D

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...

Never really saw Paul as humble. He seems like the one who would end up in conflicts if you went out with a group. I appreciate his commitment and his drive, but I think he would have driven me crazy if i was around him all the time. Like one of those people who gets under your skin, but they are hard to shut down because they always bring up valid points. :D
Well, we both know that God certainly humbled his heart at the road of Damascus ;) but yes agree with the whole “gets under your skin” type lol.

But I guess referring to the book of Romans is what I was talking about being humble :)

Reactions: akaDaScribe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, we both know that God certainly humbled his heart at the road of Damascus ;) but yes agree with the whole “gets under your skin” type lol.

But I guess referring to the book of Romans is what I was talking about being humble :)
Paul was a deeply Godly man; his Epistles which he penned are under Divine inspiration.

Upvote 0