• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Who is your favorite person in the Bible?

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by akaDaScribe, May 4, 2018.

1. akaDaScribe

akaDaScribe Well-Known Member Supporter

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That must be so cool to have your name mentioned in the Bible.

2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    That's why Moses is soooo endearing. He stumbled right along many times, trusting God. God knew his heart.

Can you imagine what it must've been like for Moses, when he and the Israelites were trapped between the Pharaoh's army coming from behind, and there he is, standing at the edge of the Red Sea.

When i first saw this video, it was the actor's face, as Moses that caught my attention. He looked just like i would look as God tells him to TRUST Him, as He begins to part the Red Sea.

Right around the 0:33 timeline:

3. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,881
    Christian
    Private
    Lately i have been mediating on the Holy Spirit. I guess thats why i answered the way i did.

4. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Job.

If this guy isn't one of the most mis-understood men of God in the Bible i'll eat me fav'rite hat AND me fav'rite sunglasses.

First of all, God Himself defines and describes Job Himself right from the beginning.

This is BEFORE all the tsunami of calamity after calamity hit him, one-after-the-other.

So he gets slammed with the news of one calamity after another, and if that wasn't bad enough, he's told of the sudden and catastrophic deaths of ALL 10 of his sons and daughters.

The calamities and inexplicable suffering, literally continues, and he's in heart-break, inexplicable grief, and as he's in the midst of THAT, he's suddenly struck with sores from head to toe, and if that's not bad enough, they're all festering, with WORMS in them.

So here he is, sitting on a dung heap, in this condition, in the throes of inconsolable grief, and lo and behold, his wife comes up to him, and says basically, your integrity is not gonna help you now. Just curse God and die already.

Wow, talk about being kicked in the teeth when you're at your lowest of lows.

Yet Job survived it.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  5. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,569
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Every time you see the word "congregation" you will see that my name is in the midst of the "con GREG ation". That is as close as I come to seeing my name in the text of the Bible.

6. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+7,938
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Sarah

Genesis 21:6-7

relate as we have laughter in our house and happy to be an "older" parent
    although, didn't give birth as Sarah, still feel so blessed

7. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I went back and read again Ezekiel today. It reminded me of something I hadn't considered in a long time. I think if more people read from the prophets, they would be less quick to claim that mantel.

8. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Genesis 35
    16 And they journeyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.

17 And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.

18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Benoni means son of my pain. Benjamin means son of the right hand. Jacob renamed his son. It looks like God was a father to the fatherless in the case Jabez.

9. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I always thought it was remarkable the way John the Baptist was viewed by Jesus as the greatest prophet even though he never did miracles, made predictions, or healed anyone. His words must have been incredibly powerful.

10. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Could you imagine being the leader of the people like Moses and your having a power meeting with the owner (God) and then the owner says, yeah we need to cut this meeting short... while you're meeting with me your people are making other gods. :D

11. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hmmm are you using the Bible code techniques? kidding :D

12. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Do you guys think Job's life was an actual event or allegory?
    I only say that because every other actual event in the old testament is tied to some kind of history, but Job is not. Also the way the news came in rapid fire, it seems a bit unusual. Just wondering what you think.

13. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    What an interesting parallel. That's quite powerful.

I never thought of that.

Thank you.

14. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    No wonder Moses broke the ten commandments tablets.....and didn't his own brother get in on it and make a golden calf?

:swoon:

15. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i believe that Job was a real live person, who fer-real lived and was tested just as it is written, although i don't know how he survived it all.

16. Zackuth

Zackuth New Member

+31
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m going to say the Apostle Matthew. Being a tax collector, he was an outcast among his own people, but Jesus called him to be one of the 12.

17. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I never noticed that! Or at least I hadn't thought about it. I always thought it was funny when Sarah laughed and God asked why is Sarah laughing, then she denied it and God responded, sure you did. :D

Her naming Isaac, Isaac, which means "laughter" is a joyous moment and a confession at the same time. I wonder how many times she rehearsed that moment in her mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+4,361
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus of course. That’s if you mean person as in human. My favorite being would be our Heavenly Father. If you mean man who is not God I would say Paul and next in line would be Barnabas. Ughh but it’s a tough choice between Barnabas and JTB.

19. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's so funny because it's so easy to judge these guys as we read. It's like, how could you have done all of those miracles and then turn around and help them make the calf. How could you be afraid of the people after God did miracles through him? And yet... a few 100k people mad at you and standing around you and you haven't seen God or your brother for a month, that would be a bit of a low moment. :oops:

20. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Yes, lowest of the low moment to say the least. I cannot imagine how Moses withstood all of it. Aaron was maybe forced to make the calf. Here's the problem though.....he had a flaw that contributed to his giving in to the people....

he feared "man" more than he feared "God".