• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Who is your favorite person in the Bible?

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by akaDaScribe, May 4, 2018.

1. Jenniferdiana

Jenniferdiana Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,173
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    he was spoil with Jesus too..haha like a lil baby

2. akaDaScribe

akaDaScribe Well-Known Member Supporter

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yeah John and Peter seemed to be the closest to Jesus. I wish they wrote more about the other disciples too. I wish there were more of Jesus's parables too. But we got what we got. :)

3. Hearingheart

Hearingheart Well-Known Member

+875
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    There are so many.....for now I'll pick Anna the prophetess (found in Luke) and Esther.

4. 1 Timothy 4:1

1 Timothy 4:1 New Member

+17
    Poland
    Christian
    Private
    Besides these two probably Satan because he is so smart to deceive people yet so stupid that he himself is deceived that he will success , he knows foreknowledge of God and that God can't lie yet something is driving him to always oppose God and never give up trying to do as much harm as possible .

5. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I went back and re-read Esther today. What a great book. I think the most interesting thing about her was the fact that she did what she had to do without any kind of sign or signal from God. She just took a leap of faith. She basically just had to do what she thought was right and let the chips fall where they may. It wasn't until she set everything in motion that it became apparent God was working in the background.

6. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I suppose I can appreciate his drive and his commitment to his plans. Problem is, he really has no cause. But I'm sure it was hard starting out in the number 2 position. That leaves nothing to strive for.

7. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Gideon.

He was in the middle of threshing wheat, sorta' in hiding, hoping his enemies didn't see him, because the enemies were many, and powerful, and oppressed Gideon and the Israelites.

So anyway, he's trying to discreetly thresh some wheat, and minding his own business when the Angel of the Lord, says from in back of him or to the side, and calls Gideon "mighty man of valor. Now as i'm reading this i'm chuckling, cuz i can just see it now....

Gideon hears it, looks around, and wonders just WHO that angel is talkin' to, cuz he sure ain't talkin' to HIM, is he?

So Gideon realizes the angel is talkin' to HIM, and is prob'ly in shock, cuz he sher didn't feel like a "mighty man of valor", cuz he was skeeered to death of those enemies.

All right, so let's cut ahead a little bit. What really gripped my heart about Gideon, is the inexplicable patience that God demonstrated towards Gideon, as He Himself taught Gideon to TRUST Him and to be trained to be that "mighty man of valor" that God had called Gideon to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,881
    Christian
    Private
    I had to ponder this question for a bit. My answer would be the Holy Spirit. I like King David for example, but in the end its the Holy Spirit who uses David to help me. I see religion as a sad thing, denominations and contentions, who can i turn to? The Holy Spirit! :) Thank God for His Spirit who sets me free from everything.

9. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Moses.

He was described as the humblest man in the world at the time that he was leading the Israelites through the wilderness.

What had me chuckling was when he, after dealing with the what, millions(?) of Israelites, many of whom grumbled against him, and several times conspired to kill him, was when he was talking to God, and he came right out and asked God something to the effect of "did I give birth to these people"? He was at the point of BEYOND exasperation, and no wonder.

^_^

10. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,569
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    They can be found in Genesis 22:21; Genesis 46:21; Nehemiah 12:36; Ezekiel 23:23; Numbers 27:1; Numbers 31:8; etc. They are people (some Jews, some Babylonians) that caught my attention because their names rhyme. Noah is a woman, not the Noah associated with the ark. I could have listed other unfamiliar names like Mahershalalhashbaz Isaiah 8:1 and Isaiah 8:3; Cushamrishathaim Judges 3:8; Nebuzaradan Jeremiah 39:9, or a host of other interesting people commonly overlooked and seemingly unheard of by most Christians. Some of these people I will meet some day in glory, and I thought I would like to know their names beforehand. There are about 3,200 names mentioned in the Bible, yet so many people are only familiar with a few dozen.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  11. Greg Merrill

+4,569
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    The movie is better known just as "Ben Hur". It won several oscars, if I remember right, starred Charlton Heston, had an "unscripted" part where Heston almost is thrown from the chariot he is racing in. It turned out to be a great scene so they kept it in the movie. A most memorable scene when one knows it wasn't planned.

12. Greg Merrill

+4,569
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thanks for posting this. I have been looking at these two men in scripture lately.
    I too get them mixed up.

13. dreadnought

dreadnought Lip service isn't really service. Supporter

+3,408
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    John the Baptist. Ezekiel.

14. Jenniferdiana

Jenniferdiana Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,173
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Jesus is a walking parable..haha j/k yea i know

15. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Jabez.

He is perhaps one of the most mis-understood people recorded in the Bible. There is not a lot of information on Jabez, however what IS recorded is PROFOUND.

His name itself, in Hebrew, means "he makes sorrowful". What a name, eh? Sooooooo Jabez, for whatever reason, his name, in essence, means a "curse", as if he is, in his very "existence", a "curse", as if he has the word "curse" stamped/tattooed on his forehead in red letters.

His brothers and his mother are mentioned, but none are mentioned by name.

The "key" to how GOD viewed Jabez is in this verse:

"And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren" ~I Chronicle 4:9

Jabez, against all odds, BELIEVED in God, and WENT TO God. This is a theme that is repeated with all the men of God.

THIS is why Jabez's prayer was answered.

16. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That God is willing to work with you where you are if you are willing to work with Him is an amazing thing. It is such a humbling feeling of conviction about your own identity and an incredible gratitude that God would bother to work with you when there are so many other options available. It's so hard to process when you know in your heart that you wouldn't have picked yourself, but he did. This is why people cry when they praise God. How can you not when you see it? How do you reconcile Him choosing to love you? I'm so glad God is God!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hmmm... was referring to people, but since you brought it up. :) Well, not going to get started on it cause it's a whole different thread and I have no idea where to begin talking about it anyway.:D

18. brinny

+107,506
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Amen about the crying. And the rest of your post is spot on as well.

I'm so glad God is God too.

:amen:

19. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Somebody's heretic Supporter

+1,509
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The two Johns (Baptist and Evangelist). The former for his sheer honesty in the face of degeneracy, the latter for his subtlety and depth.

20. akaDaScribe

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Moses had to be one of the funniest people in the Bible. It's not that he was a comedian on purpose, but seeing his story has some very funny moments. I can just see God squeezing between His eyebrows with his fingers before responding.

At the bush, when he dropped the staff and it turned into a snake, he ran from it. I wonder how long it took him to pick it back up. Then when they are in the wilderness, and Moses says to God that the people are about to stone him. Having to have 2 people hold his arm up to keep the staff raised during the battle. The list goes on. People talk about the patience of Job, but how about the patience of God? :) It's an amazing thing to watch the relationship between God and Moses develop and it really brings aspects of God personality to light.