Who Is Your Favorite Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Narnia, Harry Potter or any Fantasy Series Character

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me in order, Aragorn, Tauriel, Aslan, Lupin/Sirius Black and for my random fantasy character Drizzt from R.A. Salvatore's excellent Legacy of The Drow series!
I like Samwise Gamgee ... and Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I like Samwise Gamgee ... and Tyrian Lannister.

For GoT it has to be Jon Snow for me! I mean, he has Ghost, his Direwolf!

I like Tyrion too! Have an Ackie Monitor named after him!

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Tom Bombadil, of course. :D

The story structure of the Conan stories that R.E. Howard created was super interesting, I thought. I like the idea of short stories told in no particular order, just as a recollection of someone spinning a yarn as they go through their old memories.

And although not a book, specifically, "The Nameless One" from Planescape: Torment was a super fascinating character that could be taken any which way.

As far as mythology is concerned, Odin is another fascinating character, if not underhanded and generally evil IMO.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me in order, Aragorn, Tauriel, Aslan, Lupin/Sirius Black and for my random fantasy character Drizzt from R.A. Salvatore's excellent Legacy of The Drow series!

Professor Severus Snape

ce36951cb22b0a7bd49247d59a1ef331.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Barliman Butterbur.

He ran a fine inn and tavern. Brought warmth and conviviality to the people.

And given time can see through a wall!

EDIT: And who brings to mind Fredegar "Fatty" Bolger. It is no easy thing to be the one who stays behind so others have a chance.

Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Repicheep, who wanted nothing short of ultimate union with god and to find heaven on earth;
“While I can, I sail east in the Dawn Treader. When she fails me I paddle east in my coracle. When she sinks, I shall swim east with my four paws. And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan’s country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise”
64D37CFE-B305-4087-87E7-2E0F198E353A.jpeg

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Tom Bombadil has always been a favorite, with Treebeard close behind. I'm retrospectively glad that they didn't put Bombadil in the movies. No way could they have captured the essence of that side quest.

The Fool from Robin Hobbs writings is another good one. And of course, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver in Narnia. A cozier home I couldn't hope to wish for.

Upvote 0

Isaiah 2:22

Jun 4, 2016
Canada
✟17,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Repicheep, who wanted nothing short of ultimate union with god and to find heaven on earth;

Agreed! Reepicheep is such a wonderful and rich character. I like Bree as well. Those are probably my absolute faves, though I like an enormous number of characters from Narnia, so it's hard to choose. It would be animals with me, though!

From Tolkien's legendarium, Beren/Luthien, Samwise and Eowyn. The passage where Eowyn and Merry defeat the Witch-King of Angmar is the best in all his works, IMO.

Other fantasy series whose characters I remember:

Shallan from the The Stormlight Archives. I do like Kaladin as well, but he can get super whiny sometimes, which is annoying. However, I have yet to read the newer books, so that might change when I do.

Mat and Lan from The Wheel of Time. Again, I have yet to read the later books, but so far these two are the best. Robert Jordan's female characters are awful, though. I dislike so many of them, almost without exception. So grating. I suppose Moiraine and Min are alright, if I had to choose.

Missed the boat on Harry Potter and have never read the books. And I don't like ASoIaF/GoT at all. Tried to read the books and they were too rapey for my taste.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Bah! Drizzt is a Marty Sue if there ever was one.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Pug and Tomas from the Rift War books.

Upvote 0