Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I often hear about the threat that I am, a gay man, to marriage, how I can't get married because I can't reproduce, and yet negate it by the claim that gay people will raise gay children. All of my gay friends came from heterosexual parents. We aren't the threat.

And the straight kids raised by straight parents?
They harass anyone who even appears gay, to the point of suicide of two boys.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dplCyCvv5s

How have straight parents and some christians been a part of this?
Where do you think straight kids learn that?
If you are quoting Leviticus, calling gays an abomination and quoting the death penalty, do you really think your kids are going to treat others in a loving way?

Parents to Protest Pro-Gay Day in Public Schools
Parents to Protest Pro-Gay Day in Public Schools
A national coalition of pro-family organizations is urging parents to call their children out of school on April 17 if their local school will be permitting students or teachers to remain silent during instructional time for the Day of Silence. The Day of Silence (DOS) is a political action formally sponsored by the partisan political action group, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), since 2001.

The implicit purpose of the Day of Silence is to undermine the belief that homosexuality is immoral. It is the belief of the sponsors of the Walkout that parents should no longer passively accept the political usurpation of taxpayer- funded public school classrooms through student silence.

And yet, bullying a kid? Doing God's will?
But the school is pro-gay, right?

No one did anything.
"Jaheem was bullied relentlessly, his family said. 'They called him gay and a snitch,' his stepfather said. 'All the time they’d call him this.'

"[Jaheem's best friend] said, 'He told me that he’s tired of everybody always messing with him in school. He is tired of telling the teachers and the staff, and they never do anything about the problems. So, the only way out is by killing himself.' "

Jaheem Herrera's mother—and the mother of the friend who rescued Jaheem from the headlock—said "they repeatedly complained about harassment, but nothing was done." The DeKalb School System refuses to discuss the case.

But not that serious, right? Everyone is harassed:
FOX 5 Atlanta reports the 11-year-old Virgin Islands native was physically assaulted by older boys. Jaheem's best friend and several classmates intervened after older boys put Jaheem into a headlock and he passed out.
Rod 2.0:Beta: Anti-Gay Bullying Drives 11YO Georgia Boy to Commit Suicide

And since homosexuality is against one's religious beliefs, bullying is ok? Ignored? The Good Samaritan should say, "Yeah, well, you were walking with money in your pocket, and got what you deserved", and walk on?

Christians are 80% of the US population.
But no Christian is to blame, right?

Religiously motivated hatred against gays and lesbians
These sites are all Christian based. It's not just nuts like Fred Phelps.
It includes ShadowGov creator Bob Enyart, who has a Christian talk show. In his ShadowGov, where America is now ruled by the bible, and he is president, all homosexuals adulterers are killed according to Mosaic law. And he doesn't have a small church. He has a broadcast.
On his show, after announcing someone famous dying of AIDS, he plays, "Another one bites the dust" in a "I told you so" lack of love or respect for the deceased or their families.

Onward, Christian Soldier!
Parents protest gay-friendly classes
Parents protest gay-friendly classes
VANCOUVER -- Thousands of British Columbians have signed petitions and sent letters to the Education Ministry insisting that parents be allowed to pull their children from public school lessons to avoid gay-friendly messages that conflict with religious or family values.

What is the message that you think kids are getting?

FBI report: Anti-gay crimes up - USATODAY.com
FBI report: Anti-gay crimes up
Hate crimes against gays increased in 2007, up 6% from 2006 even though the overall number of hate crimes dropped slightly, the FBI reported Monday.
There were 7,624 hate crimes reported in 2007, down 1% from 2006. Crimes based on sexual orientation — 1,265 in 2007 — have been rising since 2005.

How can this be? Isn't it gays that are doing all the persecuting? Aren't "gay activists" taking away your rights?

Aren't they taking away Christian Freedom of Speech?
SignOnSanDiego.com > News > State -- Parents protest student pledge forms on gays
Parents protest student pledge forms on gays

SAN FRANCISCO – A Bay Area elementary school got caught in the crossfire of a ballot initiative seeking to outlaw same-sex marriage in California on Tuesday after a kindergarten teacher asked her pupils to sign pledge cards promising not to use anti-gay slurs.
ProtectMarriage.com, the coalition of social and religious conservative groups sponsoring Proposition 8, offered the episode at Faith Ringgold Elementary School in Hayward as proof for its claim that the measure is needed to prevent public schools from discussing gay unions with students.

What did it say?
“I am taking a stand for a safe and harassment-free school for all students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression,” read the pledges. “As an ally, I pledge to not use anti-LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) language or slurs.”

Yeah. You won't use slurs. And parents protested. What message do you think that sends to your kids???

And is that what it takes? 4 boys have committed suicide for being harassed for being gay, when they were only little kids. And they learned somewhere.
And rather than treating one another in love, parents protest slurs, protest safe spaces, protest anything gay positive, with tragic results.

Something is wrong with seriously wrong with Christianity when this is so prevalent, when Leviticus is quoted so often with a death penalty, and when children can bully someone just because of a perceived homosexuality that a child would rather die than endure it, and parents instead rally to protest a safe space for these kids, which is basically pro-bullying.

Anita Bryant fought to keep gay discrimination legal. That was bad enough. But now it's turned to kids, and we need to look at who is the true threat to our families when people are raising kids that can push anyone to kill themselves at 11.

Jesus said that all men will know that you are his disciples by your love for one another. This is not what most are known by any more.

Something has to change.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bluegill_04

Wyzaard

Jan 4, 2008
✟7,200.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're talking about those who hope and pray that their god will come back soon to earth to commit glorious genocide against his (their) hapless human enemies. Do you really expect them to act like compassionate human beings under these presumptions of theirs?

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What did it say?
“I am taking a stand for a safe and harassment-free school for all students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression,” read the pledges. “As an ally, I pledge to not use anti-LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) language or slurs.”

I don't understand why they can't just have an "anti-bullying" day and teach children about the consequences of bullying in general. Why must it have a LGBT slant to it? Using an LGBT slant on it shows the LGBT community is trying to get a foothold in the schools and use it as leverage to push more things later on.

Personally I think the reason kids are committing suicide in school is because of the horrible marxist conditions in our public schools..

P.S. - beanieboy, your video dosen't work. Is there another link?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
YouTube - Dare to Stand

My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere before, but I think it illustrates your OP quite aptly.

Note, I'm still not sure if this video a spoof or not: if it is, it's a clever one.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere before, but I think it illustrates your OP quite aptly.

Note, I'm still not sure if this video a spoof or not: if it is, it's a clever one.
It's so blatantly bad it has to be real. Its two sponsors are Genesiscounseling.org, whose stated reason for being is to help keep people from sexual addiction and homosexuality, and Exodusinternational.org, which is devoted to "freedom from homosexuality." Both are evangelical Christian organizations, which explains their loose and misleading use of facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
YouTube - Dare to Stand

It is quite the propaganda piece. I find it interesting they are the ones making the claim that it is gays that are trying to frame the argument so that it becomes a simple yes/no answer -- yet that is exactly what this argument is seeking to do. They are taking a simple day, one not "endorsed" by schools other than they allow children to participate in it if the children wish, that is supposed to be about bullying and then argue that since it deals with gays it must be opposed -- they try to reframe the "Day of Silence" into the idea that if you support it you support the "gay agenda" that they claim is to silence Christians.

Worse, they actually make it sound as if gay children (or children of gay parents) aren't being "silenced" (bullied), but rather that the Christian children should harass children who are different as part of their Christian duty to keep them from turning gay. Not to mention, it is the Christians that are the actual victims and the ones actually being bullied (because they cannot bully others).

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I don't understand why they can't just have an "anti-bullying" day and teach children about the consequences of bullying in general. Why must it have a LGBT slant to it? Using an LGBT slant on it shows the LGBT community is trying to get a foothold in the schools and use it as leverage to push more things later on.

Personally I think the reason kids are committing suicide in school is because of the horrible marxist conditions in our public schools..

P.S. - beanieboy, your video dosen't work. Is there another link?

There are policies in place. The mother called the school. Teachers even knew of it. No one did anything.

Yes, all bullying should be addressed. It's just that gay kids are often the target. What message does it said a boy who takes home the pledge, his parents say that he does not have to sign it, and are against it?

You think we are looking for a foothold. Kids are being pushed into suicide. Kids. An 11 yr old. And everyone else is the victim? What leverage do I think we should get? Go to school without feeling threatened? Not be harassed? Not use Christianity as a lame excuse to mistreat others, even perceived homosexuality?

Should there be a slant on gay kids? This is the 4th kid this year who committed suicide for homophobic harassment, so, yeah, probably. When asked if the boy was gay, the mother said she never asked. He was 11. However, others perceived him as gay, and that was enough. It's not about the boy, but the others who are being raised to think bullying gay or effeminate kids are ok, and it's not the school where they are learning that.

Reactions: Maren
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
It is quite the propaganda piece. I find it interesting they are the ones making the claim that it is gays that are trying to frame the argument so that it becomes a simple yes/no answer -- yet that is exactly what this argument is seeking to do. They are taking a simple day, one not "endorsed" by schools other than they allow children to participate in it if the children wish, that is supposed to be about bullying and then argue that since it deals with gays it must be opposed -- they try to reframe the "Day of Silence" into the idea that if you support it you support the "gay agenda" that they claim is to silence Christians.

Worse, they actually make it sound as if gay children (or children of gay parents) aren't being "silenced" (bullied), but rather that the Christian children should harass children who are different as part of their Christian duty to keep them from turning gay. Not to mention, it is the Christians that are the actual victims and the ones actually being bullied (because they cannot bully others).

Exactly, and look at the result.

Upvote 0

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Most adoption agencies want the best for the child going into an adopted home, and want a normal transaction. usually that child comes from a male-female relationship.
And they want to make the transition as easy as possible.

Many straight people don't think the subject of sexuality is a necessary topic for a 6 year old. And for some reason they are talking about it in kindergarten now. Before all this Sex ed was saved till like 7th-8th grade, when kids were mature.

jIMO

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Braunwyn

Most adoption agencies want the best for the child going into an adopted home, and want a normal transaction. usually that child comes from a male-female relationship.
And they want to make the transition as easy as possible.

Many straight people don't think the subject of sexuality is a necessary topic for a 6 year old. And for some reason they are talking about it in kindergarten now. Before all this Sex ed was saved till like 7th-8th grade, when kids were mature.

jIMO
There's sex-ed in K now? Where is this happening?

Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist
There's sex-ed in K now? Where is this happening?
My understanding is that it's pretty rudimentary. A man has this, a woman has that. Maybe a mention that they go together and make someone else?
Of course, no one should let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
My understanding is that it's pretty rudimentary. A man has this, a woman has that. Maybe a mention that they go together and make someone else?
Of course, no one should let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Actually, what I've seen it isn't even that -- in fact it isn't really sex education at all. Rather, the thrust of sex education in kindergarten is warning kids about adults touching the child's private parts and wanting the children to touch their private parts. The other part that many try to claim is somehow sex education is teaching about how everyone is different, and that if a child only lives with their mother or father, or has two mothers or two fathers, that they should still be treated the same as other children (not bullied or made fun of for their parents).

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed that, by and large, the 'anti-gay' Christians stay clear of threads such as this one. I wonder why?

Well, that's kind of a DUH question, don'tcha think?

Those of us who believe homosexuality is a sin are often mass-labeled as homophobes and bigoted and intolerant. Seems pretty obvious why we'd stay away from threads like this.

Yes, children committing suicide (or anyone for that matter) is sad and awful. I hate to hear of an 11 year old committing suicide but I also wonder more what's happening in that child's home rather than the school. I was bullied horrendously in elementary school through 7th grade. I had a good support system with my family, though, so the thought of killing myself never even crossed my mind. Why does an 11 year old even know about suicide to begin with?

I like the idea of promoting a "no-bullying" policy period. Don't single this group or that group out. Even the domestic violence groups have jumped on this bandwagon - they no longer solely focus on women being the victims. It's not just gay kids that are terrorized, it's a lot of kids.

Honestly, I think all this Day of Silence thing does is single them out even more.

Upvote 0

theVirginian

Mar 5, 2007
✟15,879.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This is the 4th kid this year who committed suicide for homophobic harassment...
I'm wondering how these kids learned that suicide is an answer to anything. I was bullied in junior high along with a lot of kids in that bizzare school. Assault with a deadly weapon would have been a legitimate action if it had kept up much longer even though I didn't want to hurt anybody, but not suicide.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.