WHO IS ISRAEL IN THE OLD AND NEW COVENANT?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please provide a link to what you said about Romans 7:6.

I do not remember which thread or post it was here is a re-post just for you.

ROMANS 7 AND ROMANS 8 GOD'S LAW ABOLISHED? OR IS IT SIN? PART 1/4

This study is put forward as some try to argue through presenting a half verse in ROMANS 7:6 to say God's LAW has been ABOLISHED leaving out CONTEXT in both chapter and scripture.

Those who argue God's LAW is ABOLISHED quote the first half of ROMANS 7:6 (empasized) to argue God's LAW is abolished.

ROMANS 7:6 [6], But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Let's now look at both the chapter and within scripture context that is missing to this interpretation...

Let's start with what is being ignored within the scripture (emphasis in red)

ROMANS 7:6 [6], But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Question.
What was it that God's LAW shows in ROMANS 7 that has bound us? Let's go back to the verse that is before....

ROMANS 7:5 [5], For when we were in the FLESH <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, the motions of SINS, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death [NOTE: ROMANS 6:23 the wages of sin is death].

Answer. It is SIN that has bound us! Not God's LAW.

<* NOTE: the key to this verse is delivered from the law, being dead to that in which we were held or bound us. The law revived and I died... Why? Because the LAW gave a KNOWLEDDGE of SIN. It is SIN that God's LAW holds us to. It is SIN that we are delivered from by dying to it not God's LAW.>

The GREEK (interlinear) translation to english of ROMANS 7:6 is...
"Now however we have been released from the law having died to that which bound us"

Now we could stop here but in the next post let's look at little deeper into Romans 7 and Romans 8 showing how they bring in the NEW COVENANT promise of God's LAW being written on the heart of those who have faith in God's WORD...

Q. How are we released from the LAW?

ἀποθανόντες ἐν ᾧ κατειχόμεθα ; having died to that which bound us

The GREEK (interlinear) translation to english of ROMANS 7:6 is...
"Now however we have been released from the law having died to that which bound us"

The scripture context is saying we are released from the PENALTY AND CONDEMNATION of God's LAW because of the SIN that BOUND us. God's LAW has not BOUND us SIN does. Through God's FORGIVENESS we are released from the condemnation and penalty of God's LAW which is DEATH v5 [SIN = FRUIT UNTO DEATH].

This has already been shown in the CONTEXT of the surrounding scripture for v6 CONTEXT is the SIN that BOUND us not God's LAW v5. God's LAW gives us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is v7.

Question. What was it that God's LAW shows in ROMANS 7 that has bound us? v7-8 tells us it is SIN that has bound us.

ROMANS 7:7-8 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet. [8], But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, worked in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Now let's go back to the verse that is before....

ROMANS 7:5 [5], For when we were in the FLESH <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, the motions of SINS, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death.

Answer. It is SIN that has bound us! Not God's LAW because the wages of SIN is death to those who have not received the GIFT of God's dear son. (Romans 6:23). We are released from the wages of sin and the condemnation of Gods law through Christ and God's forgiveness. *ROMANS 8:1-4.

<* NOTE: the key to this verse is delivered from the law, being dead to that in which we were held. The law revived and I died... Why? Because the LAW gave a KNOWLEDDGE of SIN. It is SIN that God's LAW holds us to. It is SIN that we are delivered from not God's LAW.>

Here are a few different bible versions of the same scripture...

New International Version
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

English Standard Version
But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

Berean Study Bible
But now, having died to what bound us, we have been released from the Law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Berean Literal Bible
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that which we were bound, in order for us to serve in newness of the Spirit, and not in oldness of the letter.

New American Standard Bible
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

Christian Standard Bible
But now we have been released from the law, since we have died to what held us, so that we may serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the old letter of the law.

Good News Translation
Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners. No longer do we serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But now we have been released from the law, since we have died to what held us, so that we may serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old letter of the law.

International Standard Version
But now we have been released from the Law by dying to what enslaved us, so that we may serve in the new life of the Spirit, not under the old writings.

NET Bible
But now we have been released from the law, because we have died to what controlled us, so that we may serve in the new life of the Spirit and not under the old written code.

New Heart English Bible
But now we have been discharged from the law, having died to that in which we were held; so that we serve in newness of the spirit, and not in oldness of the letter.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But now we have been exempted from The Written Law, and we are dead to that which had controlled us, so that we shall serve from now on in the newness of The Spirit and not in the Old Order Scriptures.

New American Standard 1977
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

Jubilee Bible 2000
But now we are free from the law of death in which we were held, that we might serve in newness of Spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

American Standard Version
But now we have been discharged from the law, having died to that wherein we were held; so that we serve in newness of the spirit, and not in oldness of the letter.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But now we are loosed from the law of death, wherein we were detained; so that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Darby Bible Translation
but now we are clear from the law, having died in that in which we were held, so that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in oldness of letter.

English Revised Version
But now we have been discharged from the law, having died to that wherein we were holden; so that we serve in newness of the spirit, and not in oldness of the letter.

CONCLUSION: It is that which binds us that we are released from. It is SIN that binds us not God's LAW. We are released from SIN and the penalty of SIN by walking in the SPIRIT of the NEW COVENANT promise by FAITH (ROMANS 8:1-4)...

[7], What shall we say then? is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, you shall not covet.

[8], But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, worked in me all manner of covetousness. For without the law sin was dead.

[9], For I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

CONCLUSION: ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 are talking about the NEW COVENANT promise of SALVATION from SIN; not salvation in SIN. We are not released from God's LAW (10 Commandments) as it is the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. We are released from SIN and the PENALTY of SIN and the law of SIN and DEATH (7v5-25; 8v2 6v23) by walking in the Spirit of the NEW COVENANT (8v1) we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (SIN). If you have not died to that which holds you captive (SIN) you are not released from the LAW you are UNDER the LAW Guilty before God of SIN.

Hope this helps brother.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

ROMANS 7 AND ROMANS 8 GOD'S LAW ABOLISHED? OR IS IT SIN? PART 2/4

As shown above the CONTEXT of the scriptures before and after clearly show that it is SIN that has bound us not God's LAW and the scripture context is the law of sin and death (the flesh; sinful human nature) v5; v7.

All God's LAW can do is give us a KNOWLEDGE of what sin is v7-12 therefore as Paul says is Holy, Just and Good v12. It is the motions of sin that bounds us v5. We are delivered from the laws condemnation for sin (breaking God's LAW) by dying to that which bounds us v20-21 (SIN)

You are missing CONTEXT and only focussing on half a scripture to argue that God's LAW is no longer a requirement yet in ROMANS 3:20 Paul has already said God's LAW is established in those who BELIEVE God's WORD and in ROMANS 8:1 there is now no more CONDEMNATION from the LAW for those in Christ who walk not after the sinful nature but by His Spirit (Word).

ROMANS 8:2 provides more light in relation to 7v5 saying that the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has freed us from the law of SIN and death. The law of sin and death is sinful human nature 7v5, For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death. v6 But now we are delivered from the law (sin and death; sinful human nature), that being dead wherein we were held (SIN); that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Is Paul talking about the ten commandments that gives us a knowledge of what sin asthe the law of sin and death or the law of the sinful human nature? 7v25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. 8v2, For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Paul is talking about three laws here; 1 God's LAW (Knowledge of sin) 2. the law of sin and death and 3. the law of the Spirit (the Word; Faith). v21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me (the law of sin and death).

Note; Is God's LAW sin? 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet. v14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. v23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Note Is God's LAW death? Is God's LAW death? v13 Was then that which is good made death to me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Nope the law of sin and death being discussed by Paul he says in his own words are NOT God's LAW (10 Commandments)

You are mixing up the law of sin and death (sinful human nature; the flesh) with God's 10 Commandments which only give a knowledge of what sin is and is spiritual, holy just and good. God's LAW is NOT the law of SIN and DEATH it is the knowledge of what sin is nothing more. It is the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil (Romans 3:20; Psalms 119:172; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12).

It is sin that has bound us we are now free from condemnation <where did I get this you asked before? see ROMANS 8:1 > v1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1-4. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

There is indeed a lot of scripture that disagrees with you my friend now if you disagree prove this post and all the scripture in it is not correct. If you cannot pray about it. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Hope this is helpful

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

ROMANS 7 AND ROMANS 8 GOD'S LAW ABOLISHED? OR IS IT SIN? PART 3

Now let's move on looking at both ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 a little further building on what we have already provided scripure wise and show what is being referred to in ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 when it talks about the FLESH or the CARNAL MIND which is all through those chapters..

THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH (G4561 sinful human nature; the Flesh or Carnal mind)

ROMANS 7 AND ROMANS 8

Indeed, ROMANS 7 is talking about the experience of the UNCONVERTED man and the law of SIN and DEATH (Sinful nature). It concludes in v24-25

[24], O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
[25], I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. SO THEN WITH THE MIND I MYSELF SERVE THE LAW OF GOD ; but with the flesh <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature> the law of sin (not Born again).

Slavation from SIN is found in Jesus Christ (Saviour) ....

SO then with the MIND I serve the LAW of GOD.... Sound familiar?

HEBREWS 8:10 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people

links to..

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. [27], And I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

Romans 8 continue the same...

ROMANS 8:1-14

[1], There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT <Ezekiel 36:26-27; Hebrews 8:10; Jeremiah 31:31-34; NEW COVENANT PROMISE>.

[2], FOR THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS <Ezekiel 36:26-27; Hebrews 8:10; Jeremiah 31:31-34; NEW COVENANT PROMISE> has made me free from the law of sin and death <carnal mind or sinful human nature>.

[3], For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>: [4], That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, but after the Spirit.

[5], For they that are after the flesh <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature> do mind the things of the flesh <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

[6], For to be carnally <G4561 same grk word used as FLESH; Carnal mind or sinful human nature> minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

[7], Because the carnal mind <G4561 same grk word used as FLESH; Carnal mind or sinful human nature> is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

[8], So then they that are in the flesh <G4561 same grk word used as CARNAL ; Carnal/FLESH = carnal mind or sinful human nature> cannot please God.

[9], But you are not in the flesh <G4561 same grk word used as CARNAL ; Carnal/FLESH = carnal mind or sinful human nature> , but in the Spirit <Ezekiel 36:26-27; Hebrews 8:10; Jeremiah 31:31-34; NEW COVENANT PROMISE>, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

[10], And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

[11], But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also bring to life your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.

[12], Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh <G4561 same grk word used as CARNAL ; Carnal/FLESH = carnal mind or sinful human nature>, to live after the flesh.

[13], For if you live after the flesh <G4561 same grk word used as CARNAL ; Carnal/FLESH = carnal mind or sinful human nature>, you shall die: but if you through the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the body, you shall live.

[14], For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Returning back to your ROMANS 7:5-9

[5], For when we were in the flesh <G4561 same grk word used as CARNAL ; Carnal/FLESH = carnal mind or sinful human nature>, the passions of sins, which were by the law <KNOWLEDGE OF SIN>, did work in our members <SIN> to bring forth fruit unto death <ROMANS 6:23, The WAGES OF SIN is DEATH>.

[6], But now we are delivered from the law <penalty and condemnation>, being dead to that in which we were held; <SIN> that we should serve in newness of spirit, <NEW COVENANT PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT; Ezekiel 36:26-27; Jeremiar 31:31-33; Hebrews 8:10-12> and not in the oldness of the letter (KNOWLEDGE OF SIN).

ROMANS 7:6 [6], But now, by dying to what once bound us <SIN>, we have been released from the law (condemnation and penalty for breaking it through forgiveness> so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Q. What was it that God's LAW shows in ROMANS 7 that has bound us? Let's go back to the verse that is before....

ROMANS 7:5 [5], For when we were in the FLESH <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, the motions of SINS, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death.

A. It is SIN that has bound us!

<* NOTE: the key to this verse is delivered from the law, being dead to that in which we were held. The law revived and I died... Why? Because the LAW gave a KNOWLEDDGE of SIN. It is SIN that God's LAW holds us to. It is SIN that we are delivered from not God's LAW.>

CONCLUSION: ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 are talking about the NEW COVENANT promise of SALVATION from SIN; not salvation in SIN. We are not released from God's LAW (10 Commandments) as it is the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. We are released from SIN and the PENALTY of SIN and the law of SIN and DEATH (7v5-25; 8v2 6v23) by walking in the Spirit of the NEW COVENANT (8v1) we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (SIN). If you have not died to that which holds you captive (SIN) you are not released from the LAW you are UNDER the LAW Guilty before God of SIN.

Will just add part 4 which will add ROMANS 6...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

ROMANS 6 ; ROMANS 7 AND ROMANS 8 GOD'S LAW ABOLISHED? OR IS IT SIN? PART 4

The context of ROMANS 7 is ROMANS 6. Both ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 should be read together. Ok with the other studies already posted let's add ROMANS 6 and what it is we are to be dead to in ROMANS 7:6.

ROMANS 6:1-22
[1], What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2], God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer in it?
[3], Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4], Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that just as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5], For if we have been united with him in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6], Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that we should no longer serve sin.

[7], For he that is dead is freed from sin.

NOTE: v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it. v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life. v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin. v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. Let's continue.

[8], Now if we are dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
[9], Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death has no more dominion over him.
[10], For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he lives, he lives unto God.
[11], Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

NOTE: We are to be dead to SIN not God's LAW and alive in Christ v10-11

[12], Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

NOTE: Sin is not to reign in us

[13], Neither yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
[14], For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
[15], What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

NOTE: We are to be DEAD to sin and sin is not to have dominion over us v14. Ww are not to sin because we are under grace v15

[16], Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

NOTE: If we continue in sin (breaking God's commandments) we will die v16

[17], But God be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18], Being then made free from sin, you became the servants of righteousness.

NOTE: JESUS has freed us from the power of known sin as we have faith in his Word. Now we are to believe and follow JESUS.

[19], I speak after the manner of men because of the weakness of your flesh: for as you have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

[20], For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness.

[21], What fruit had you then in those things of which you are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

[22], But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

[23], For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

………….

NOTE: v6 The old man is crucified with Jesus that the body of sin might be destroyed that we should no longer serve sin. V22 It is death to sin through the BODY of Christ that we are free from being the servants of sin and now the servants of righteousness. Can you see all the context you leave out of the interpretation of the scriptures brother?

………….

ROMANS 7 continues the discussion from ROMANS 6

[1], Know you not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?

NOTE: Same thoughts explained in Romans 6 but Romans 7 using the example of marriage
6v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it. 6v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life. 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin. 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin

[2], For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he lives; but if the husband dies, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

NOTE: What does the husband represent that dies? 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin

[3], So then if, while her husband lives, she is married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband dies, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she is married to another man.

NOTE: We cannot serve the flesh [G4561 sinful human nature] and serve the Spirit.
LUKE 16:13 [13], No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

[4], Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

NOTE: The law here is a reference to the bond of marriage continuing the topic of death and life in Christ. That is the OLD MAN of sin [Flesh G4561 sinful human nature] that is crucified is to die that we might serve in newness of life. 7v4 being dead to the law by the Body of Christ is the same as… 6v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it. 6v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life 6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. The laws being discussed here are the law of the flesh [sinful human nature] and the law of the Spirit [walking by faith in God’s Word]. When one dies you are free to marry another.

[5], For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death.

NOTE: The flesh [G4561 sinful human nature] is the OLD MAN that must be crucified with Christ in order for us to be married to another [The Spirit] 6v5

[6], But now we are delivered from the law, being dead to that in which we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter

NOTE: Here we see the same thought of marriage to the flesh and marriage to the Spirit highlighted in Romans 7:1-5 also from Romans 6. Notice the parallel scriptures from ROMAN 6 are saying also that we are to die to sin (the Carnal mind or sinful human nature) not God's law from 7v6 which is your interpretation..

6v2 We are to be dead to sin and not to live any longer in it.
6v3-4 We are buried with Jesus in death to walk in newness of life
6v6 The old man is crucified that the body of sin might be destroyed so we no longer serve sin 6v7 For he that is dead is freed from sin
6v10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he lives, he lives unto God. 6v11 Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord
6v12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 6v13, Neither yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
6v14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
6v15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
6v16 Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
6v17 But God be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
6v18 Being then made free from sin, you became the servants of righteousness. (see Romans 7:1-4)
6v19 I speak after the manner of men because of the weakness of your flesh: for as you have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
6v20 For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness (married to the other).
6v21 What fruit had you then in those things of which you are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. (Old MAN that is to die)
6v22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. (married to the other).
6v23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

……………

The same is continued in ROMANS 8

[1], There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (married to the other).

[2], For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

The two laws being discussed are

1. the law of the Spirit of life in Christ by dying with him (Old MAN of sin) and
2. the law of sin and death [Flesh G4561 sinful human nature]

Reference to the marriage outlined in ROMANS 7:1-4 and death through baptism in ROMANS 6

[3], For what the law [letter only gives us a knowledge of what sin is] could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh [Flesh G4561 sinful human nature], God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

[4], That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

[5], For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit (the marriage of Romans 7:1-4).

[6], For to be carnally minded is death [Carnally/Carnal mind/Flesh same word used G4561 sinful human nature] ; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

[7], Because the carnal mind [Carnal mind/Flesh same word used G4561 sinful human nature] is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be (outline of Romans 7).

[8], So then they that are in the flesh [Flesh G4561 sinful human nature], cannot please God [Old man has not been crucified still married to another – Romans 6:1-7; Romans 7:1-5]

[9], But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

[10], And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

There are three laws discussed in these three chapters

1. God’s LAW (10 Commandments) that give a knowledge of what sin is (the letter)
2. The Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus
3. The Law of sin and death [Flesh; Carnal mind or “OLD MAN” G4561 sinful human nature] that is revealed though the letter of God’s Law

Can you see your errors now brother?

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God's Word doesn't disagree with me unless you're saying Exodus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Jeremiah, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, Galatians and 1 John aren't God's word.

I am not sure what your posting about. You said earlier you felt condemned by reading MATTHEW 15:3-9 which is what I was responding to. You have seem to gone off to talk about things that are not relevant to what you are responding to?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You can tell God I kept or tried to keep the law. I'll say Jesus.

JESUS will say he never knew you.

MATTHEW 7:22-23
[22], Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?
[23], And THEN I WILL PROFESS TO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU, DEPART FROM ME YOU WHO PRACTICE SIN.

You need to be born again to walk in God's Spirit. Sin (breaking God's Commandments) will keep you out of God's kingdom.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did and responded in detail.

No you did not. You ignored the context and the post provided outlining the scripture proofs of 1 JOHN 2:3-4 linked here but that is ok maybe you can pray about it at home if you cannot respond to the posts and scriptures that disagree with you.

Upvote 0