WHO IS ISRAEL IN THE OLD AND NEW COVENANT?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How can I be taught something without even knowing it?
By absorbing the approach to a subject by those around you.

I will bet that you use pagan Aristotelian-style logic (deduction, induction) to understand the bible. Who taught you to do that?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
By absorbing the approach to a subject by those around you.

I will bet that you use pagan Aristotelian-style logic (deduction, induction) to understand the bible. Who taught you to do that?

What??? Nope I use John 14:26; John 16:13, John 7:17 and John 8:31-32. God destroys the wisdom of the wise because his Word is higher then the heavens and can only be revealed as a gift to those who seek him by faith.

Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
God changes Jacobs name to ISRAEL...

Yes.

And he said, Your name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince have you power with God and with men, and have prevailed.

Yes.

The name "Israel" is only a name given by God himself to represent his people.

Yes.

Jesus became the anointed Israel of God, who is the Root of the Fig Tree Israel. Jesus the Tree of Life! Jesus the Israel of God.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jesus became the Fig Tree, the Tree of Life, the Israel of God. The Fig tree that did not yield fruit was cut down and withered away.

12The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.14Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

This Fig Tree represents Old Covenant Israel, in its present state and under the Levitical priestly administration in Jesus days. The Chief Priest Jesus to be Melchizedeck condemned it and the context that follows is highly suggestive of this claim.

15On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’ ? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’ ”

In the above versus the context follows to curse the present old covenant Israel and to also condemn its priestly administration, by the casting out of the money changers. Isaiah 22:19-25 deals with how the old priestly administration will be sacked by God and replaced by Eliakim (Jesus) who the Father will clothe with the Chief Priestly robe and fasten the priestly sash around him and to hand the old Levitical priestly authority over to him. He will be a father to those who live in Jerusalem and to the people of Judah. 22I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. Jesus becomes Israel, the Kingly High Priest Melchizedeck.

18The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

Notice where thet contention lies between the abolished priestly administration and the new through the Israel of God Jesus Christ.

19When evening came, Jesus and his disciples went out of the city.

The symbolism of the anointing leaving the old covenant priestly administration.

20In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

The Fig tree that withered away, just like the mother donkey that was gotten rid off. The old Priestly administration, along with the Kingship of all the house of David, was transferred to Jesus and so also was the promises and the name Israel that goes with the promises and decrees of God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus became the Fig Tree, the Tree of Life, the Israel of God. The Fig tree that did not yield fruit was cut down and withered away.

12The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.14Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

This Fig Tree represents Old Covenant Israel, in its present state and under the Levitical priestly administration in Jesus days. The Chief Priest Jesus to be Melchizedeck condemned it and the context that follows is highly suggestive of this claim.

15On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’ ? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’ ”

In the above versus the context follows to curse the present old covenant Israel and to also condemn its priestly administration, by the casting out of the money changers. Isaiah 22:19-25 deals with how the old priestly administration will be sacked by God and replaced by Eliakim (Jesus) who the Father will clothe with the Chief Priestly robe and fasten the priestly sash around him and to hand the old Levitical priestly authority over to him. He will be a father to those who live in Jerusalem and to the people of Judah. 22I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. Jesus becomes Israel, the Kingly High Priest Melchizedeck.

18The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

Notice where thet contention lies between the abolished priestly administration and the new through the Israel of God Jesus Christ.

19When evening came, Jesus and his disciples went out of the city.

The symbolism of the anointing leaving the old covenant priestly administration.

20In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

The Fig tree that withered away, just like the mother donkey that was gotten rid off. The old Priestly administration, along with the Kingship of all the house of David, was transferred to Jesus and so also was the promises and the name Israel that goes with the promises and decrees of God.

Hi The Times,

Welcome to this thread and very nice to meet you here. I enjoyed reading your post above. I had not thought about the fig tree representing the old covenant. I think it can also represent those who profess to be christian but do not have the fruit of obedience by faith.

JOHN 15:1-8
[1], I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine dresser.
[2], Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he prunes it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
[3], Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
[4], Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me.
[5], I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.
[6], If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
[7], If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you.
[8], In this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples.

and again...

MATTHEW 7:16-23
[16], You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17], Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
[18], A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19], Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20], Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
[21], Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
[22], Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out demons? and in your name done many wonderful works?
[23], And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Regardless of the covenant, Israel is Israel, and the Church is the Church. The only people who are members of both are Messianic Jews. Paul speaks figuratively of "true Jews" who have "circumcised hearts" -- we Jews will speak this way as well, telling certain Gentiles that they are more Jewish than many Jews we know. It doesn't mean they are really Jews. Believers are part of the commonwealth of Israel -- that is NOT the same thing as saying they are Israel. Israel has its covenant, with the promise being the land of Canaan. The Church has its covenant, with the promise being eternal life. Don't make the mistake of equating the two.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of the covenant, Israel is Israel, and the Church is the Church. The only people who are members of both are Messianic Jews. Paul speaks figuratively of "true Jews" who have "circumcised hearts" -- we Jews will speak this way as well, telling certain Gentiles that they are more Jewish than many Jews we know. It doesn't mean they are really Jews. Believers are part of the commonwealth of Israel -- that is NOT the same thing as saying they are Israel. Israel has its covenant, with the promise being the land of Canaan. The Church has its covenant, with the promise being eternal life. Don't make the mistake of equating the two.

Sorry there is no scripture for your teaching. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL as defined in the NEW TESTAMENT you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Scripture support here, CLICK ME

Thanks for sharing though. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry there is not scripture for your teaching. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL as defined in the NEW TESTAMENT you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.
I *alluded* to quite a few scriptures. If you were familiar with scripture, you recognized the verses and passages right away.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
God's ISRAEL as defined in the NEW TESTAMENT

Absolutely!

The name Israel belongs to Jesus Christ, who is the rightful heir of God. Jacob was called temporarily Israel, until The Royal Priestly King Jesus Christ sat on the right had of the Father and the keys of David were given to him. All dominion, power and authority is given in his hands.

If people don't fall under the Royal Priestly King, then they are declared as gentiles, regardless of genealogy.

God does not concern himself with fleshly nations after his Son's Cross.

It would be blasphemous to call a fleshly gentile nation in the middle east as Israel, knowing that there is only one Israel.

It is apparent that either people will boast of flesh or will boast of God the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:5-8
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

People who openly say, that the New Covenant Church under the Royal Priestly King Jesus Christ is NOT THE Israel, is a mind governed by the flesh, having hostilities towards God and his Christ.

This is the replacement theology advocated by those, whose mind is governed by the flesh.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Those who deny/refuse Israel's redemption and restoration jeopardize their own. Because it proves they do not know the love, mercy, long suffering, and grace of God. How can you understand that God redeems, saves and restores the people of the nations, but refuse to allow him, as continuously promised throughout scripture, to redeem, save and restore 'the people' of Israel whom he loves? All is made right by Jesus when he restores he world (minus the people of Israel, who were really of the Devil)... right? Craziness! Jesus came to FIRST redeem his 'own'. Then offered that redemption to the people of the nations. The scriptures, the heart of God is FOR 'the people' of Israel. He has a plan, a future, and a hope for us. Replacement theology is the brainchild of the church. It seemingly goes hand in hand with any 'orthodox' theology. It's as if Israel becomes Azazel to them. Israel, I mean sin, is washed away into the depths of the sea...

Those who deny the promises of God have no place in his presence. Israel is promised to be restored and redeemed. The 'real people/nation' of Israel, not a cleverly devised scheme that replaces physical Israel with spiritual 'people'. That would be the doctrine of demons. Replacing God's word with a lie, and teaching it as truth. I don't believe God will have any mercy for those who deny the redemption of Israel, the nation. Their blood is the blood from his winepress.

If you understand the judgment placed upon the nation of Israel you would not so easily step in their shoes and do what they did. When you deny the redemption of God's people you fall under the judgement just the same. What befalls fallen Israel befalls the fallen anywhere. Yet, God's word is not mocked nor in vain. Israel will be restored.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Acts 15
14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written: 16 “ ‘After this I will return and rebuild David’s fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, 17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, even all the Gentiles who bear my name, says the Lord, who does these things’ —18 things known from long ago.​

The church is not the fallen tent of David, it's a physical misrepresentation of it. A physical misrepresentation claiming to be a spiritual representation of this tent. Stop removing and replacing the people of Israel from scripture.

God intervened means he ADDED to, not replaced. The subject was that God ADDED a people for his name from the nations. And that this was what the tent of David represented, a tabernacle of worship to God from ALL peoples of the world. Not the nations minus Israel. Not the nations who have become Israel (through Jesus).

Amos 9:11
Israel Will Be Made Like New Again

11 "The time will come when I will rebuild David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places. I will rebuild what was destroyed. I will make it what it used to be. 12 Then my people will take control of those who are left alive in Edom. They will also possess all of the nations that belong to me," announces the Lord. He will do all of those things. 13 "A new day is coming," announces the Lord. "At that time those who plow the land will catch up with those who harvest the crops. Those who stomp on grapes will catch up with those who plant the vines. Fresh wine will drip from the mountains. It will flow down from all of the hills. 14 I will bring my people Israel back home. I will bless them with great success again. They will rebuild the destroyed cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink the wine they produce. They will make gardens and eat their fruit.

15 I will plant Israel in their own land. They will never again be removed from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God.​

L A N D..... Physical land. Not one place in the bible can you find a teaching that physical Israel is replaced by spiritual people from the nations. It's a doctrine of demons. It calls God a liar on so many levels.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Those who deny/refuse Israel's redemption and restoration jeopardize their own. Because it proves they do not know the love, mercy, long suffering, and grace of God. How can you understand that God redeems, saves and restores the people of the nations, but refuse to allow him, as continuously promised throughout scripture, to redeem, save and restore 'the people' of Israel whom he loves? All is made right by Jesus when he restores he world (minus the people of Israel, who were really of the Devil)... right? Craziness! Jesus came to FIRST redeem his 'own'. Then offered that redemption to the people of the nations. The scriptures, the heart of God is FOR 'the people' of Israel. He has a plan, a future, and a hope for us. Replacement theology is the brainchild of the church. It seemingly goes hand in hand with any 'orthodox' theology. It's as if Israel becomes Azazel to them. Israel, I mean sin, is washed away into the depths of the sea...

Those who deny the promises of God have no place in his presence. Israel is promised to be restored and redeemed. The 'real people/nation' of Israel, not a cleverly devised scheme that replaces physical Israel with spiritual 'people'. That would be the doctrine of demons. Replacing God's word with a lie, and teaching it as truth. I don't believe God will have any mercy for those who deny the redemption of Israel, the nation. Their blood is the blood from his winepress.

If you understand the judgment placed upon the nation of Israel you would not so easily step in their shoes and do what they did. When you deny the redemption of God's people you fall under the judgement just the same. What befalls fallen Israel befalls the fallen anywhere. Yet, God's word is not mocked nor in vain. Israel will be restored.

No one is denying Israel's redemption. What is being shared here is who God's WORD defines who God's ISRAEL is.

God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Gentiles are now grafted in.

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME.

Those who are not a part of God's ISRAEL have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

What your ignoring are the scriptures that define who God's people are in the OLD and NEW Testament scriptures. God's Word disagrees with your teaching. Please click on the linked scriptures above.

Hope this helps.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Acts 15
14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written: 16 “ ‘After this I will return and rebuild David’s fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, 17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, even all the Gentiles who bear my name, says the Lord, who does these things’ —18 things known from long ago.​

The church is not the fallen tent of David, it's a physical misrepresentation of it. A physical misrepresentation claiming to be a spiritual representation of this tent. Stop removing and replacing the people of Israel from scripture.

God intervened means he ADDED to, not replaced. The subject was that God ADDED a people for his name from the nations. And that this was what the tent of David represented, a tabernacle of worship to God from ALL peoples of the world. Not the nations minus Israel. Not the nations who have become Israel (through Jesus).

Amos 9:11
Israel Will Be Made Like New Again

11 "The time will come when I will rebuild David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places. I will rebuild what was destroyed. I will make it what it used to be. 12 Then my people will take control of those who are left alive in Edom. They will also possess all of the nations that belong to me," announces the Lord. He will do all of those things. 13 "A new day is coming," announces the Lord. "At that time those who plow the land will catch up with those who harvest the crops. Those who stomp on grapes will catch up with those who plant the vines. Fresh wine will drip from the mountains. It will flow down from all of the hills. 14 I will bring my people Israel back home. I will bless them with great success again. They will rebuild the destroyed cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink the wine they produce. They will make gardens and eat their fruit.

15 I will plant Israel in their own land. They will never again be removed from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God.​

L A N D..... Physical land. Not one place in the bible can you find a teaching that physical Israel is replaced by spiritual people from the nations. It's a doctrine of demons. It calls God a liar on so many levels.

If you read the scriptures in the OP they define who God's ISRAEL are in the OLD and NEW Testament.

God's ISRAEL according to the scriptures are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Gentiles are now grafted in. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise.

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME.

What your ignoring are the scriptures that define who God's people are in the OLD and NEW Testament scriptures. God's Word disagrees with your teaching. Please click on the linked scriptures above.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Thanks for sharing and hope this helps

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi The Times,

Welcome to this thread and very nice to meet you here. I enjoyed reading your post above. I had not thought about the fig tree representing the old covenant. I think it can also represent those who profess to be christian but do not have the fruit of obedience by faith.

JOHN 15:1-8
[1], I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine dresser.
[2], Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he prunes it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
[3], Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
[4], Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me.
[5], I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.
[6], If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
[7], If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you.
[8], In this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples.

and again...

MATTHEW 7:16-23
[16], You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17], Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
[18], A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19], Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20], Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
[21], Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
[22], Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out demons? and in your name done many wonderful works?
[23], And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts
What is the fruit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What is the fruit?

The fruit is OBEDIENCE to God's WORD and a NEW HEART to believe and follow God by faith that works by LOVE through walking in God's SPIRIT (Righteousness by faith in God's WORD).

ROMANS 13:8–10
[8] Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
[9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

love is given through the operation of God and a new heart being born of God through faith..

GALATIANS 5:22–25
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
[24] And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the true Israel, Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1.

He is the real overcomer:

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Indeed as is everyone that believes and follows Jesus.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT

Gentiles are now grafted in...

ROMANS 11:16-27
[16], For if the firstfruit are holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

The root represents Christ...

[17], And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree.

The Jewish and the Gentile believers are the branches grafted onto the root (Christ)...

[18], Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bear not the root, but the root you.
[19], You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
[20], Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Be not arrogant, but fear:

God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD...

[21], For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also not spare you.
[22], Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.
[23], And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

[24], For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, who are the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

[25], For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.
[26], And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The NEW COVENANT is for both Jews and Greek, bond and free, all those who are in Christ. All in Christ are the seed of Abraham and heirs according to the promise.

[27], For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

No more Jew or Greek, bond or free, male or female, if you are in Christ you are ISRAEL...

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD. If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT. Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL
(Romans 11:16-27)

ISRAEL is the name given by God to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. God's WORD is given to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW it by faith.

Your title is interesting. But why is your first statement about Christians? What are Christians graft into? Is it Israel? My Bible says "among them" and doesn't imply becoming Israel of possessing commonwealth of/in Israel.

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your title is interesting. But why is your first statement about Christians? What are Christians graft into? Is it Israel? My Bible says "among them" and doesn't imply becoming Israel of possessing commonwealth of/in Israel.

ISRAEL is only a name given by God to his people. As the OP shows inthe NEW TESTAMENT God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. This can be shown all through the OLD and NEW Testament and the NEW COVENANT. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27; *HEBREWS 8:10-12.

Upvote 0