Who applied the Church to Israel..chapter & verse please. Part 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Taylor

Sep 22, 2004
Franklin, TN
✟17,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dispy said:
Who applied the Church, the Body of Christ, to the house of Israel, and the house of Judah? Chapter and verse please.
No need for additional inserted commentary or persuasive external explanations.

Jesus said to the chief priests and elders of the Jewish people: "I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it" (Matthew 21:43).

THE BELOVED OF GOD
A) Disobedient Israel is not Beloved of God:
- "My heritage is to Me like a lion in the forest; it cries out against Me: therefore have I hated it" (Jeremiah 12:8; Jeremiah 16:5; Hosea 9:15).

B) The OT Faithful Believers are the Beloved of God:
- "You in Your mercy have led forth the people whom You have redeemed: You have guided them in Your strength to Your holy habitation" (Exodus 15:13; Deuteronomy 33:3; Ezra 3:11).
C) The NT Faithful Believers are also the Beloved of God:
- "Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world knows us not, because it does not know Him" (I John 3:1).

- "As God also said in Hosea, I will call Gentiles My people, who were not My people; and her who was not beloved, I will call My beloved, and in the place where it was said to them, You are not My people, there they will be called Sons of the living God" (Romans 9:25-96).

- "Therefore be imitators of God, as His beloved children" (Ephesians 5:1).

- "As God's chosen ones, set apart and beloved, clothe yourselves with tenderness of heart, kindliness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering" (Colossians 3:12).

THE CHILDREN OF GOD

A) Disobedient Israel are not the Children of God:
- "They have corrupted themselves; they are not His children, because of their blemish: a perverse and crooked generation." (Deuteronomy 32:5; Isaiah 1:1-2; John 8:39,42,44).

B) The OT Faithful Believers are the Children of God:
- "You shall say to Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is My son, My firstborn" (Exodus 4:22; Deuteronomy 14:1; Isaiah 63:8).

C)
The NT Faithful Believers are also the Children of God:
- "As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe on His name" (John 1:12).

- "Caiaphas prophesied that Jesus' death was not for Israel only but for all the children of God scattered around the world" (John 11:52; Acts 2:39; Genesis 9:27).

- "For as many as are led by God's Spirit are the sons of God. . . This Spirit bears witness with our spirits that we are God's children" (Romans 8:14,16; II Corinthians 6:18).

- "We are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ" (Galatians 3:26; 4:5,6,7; Philippians 2:15; I John 3:1).

THE FIELD OF GOD
A)
The OT Faithful Believers are the Field of God:
- "Many pastors have ruined My vineyard, they have trodden down My field; they have made My pleasant field a desolate wilderness" (Jeremiah 12:10).

B)
The NT Faithful Believers are also the Field of God:
- "We are God's fellow-workers; you are God's field, God's building" (I Corinthians 3:9).

THE FLOCK OF GOD AND OF MESSIAH
A)
The OT Faithful Believers the Flock of God and of Messiah:
- "Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, You who leads Joseph like a flock; You who dwells between the cherubim, shine forth" (Psalm 78:52; Isaiah 40:11; Zechariah 10:3).

B)
The NT Faithful Believers are the Flock of God and of Messiah:
- " I am the good shepherd, and know My own sheep, and they know Me. . . And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold: I must bring them also, and they will heed My Voice. So there shall be one flock with one Shepherd" (John 10:14,16; Hebrews 13:20; I Peter 2:25; 5:2,3).

THE HOUSE OF GOD
A)
The OT Faithful Believers the House of God:
- "My servant Moses is faithful in all My house" (Numbers 12:7).

B)
The NT Faithful Believers are also the House of God:
- "If I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth" (I Timothy 3:15).

- "Jesus Messiah was faithful to God who appointed Him, just as Moses was over the household of God . . . And Moses truly was faithful in God's house, but he was only a servant, and his work was mostly to illustrate and type those things that would take place afterward. But Christ, God's Son, is in complete charge over God's house. And we Christians are God's house - for He lives in us - if we firmly maintain the confidence and pride in our hope"

- "The time has come for judgment, and it must begin first at the God's household, and if even we who are Christians must be judged, what terrible fate awaits those who do not obey the Gospel of God?" (I Peter 4:17).
(Hebrews 3:2,5-6; 10:21).

THE KINGDOM OF GOD
A) Disobedient Israel is not the Kingdom of God:
- "God will cast Israel away, because they did not hearken to Him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations" (Hosea 9:17; Jeremiah 7:15; 15:1; Matthew 8:11-12; 21:43).

B) The OT Faithful Believers the Kingdom of God:
- "If you will obey Me, and keep My covenant, then you will be above all nations My personal possession; for the whole earth is Mine: and you shall be a kingdom of priests to God, a holy nation" (Exodus 19:5-6; I Chronicles 17:14; 28:5).

C)
The NT Faithful Believers are also the Kingdom of God:
- "The kingdom of God is . . . righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost" (Romans 14:17; I Corinthians 4:20). - "God has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of His beloved Son" (Colossians 1:13; 4:11).

- "He has made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father; to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever" (Revelation 1:6).

THE PEOPLE OF GOD
A) Disobedient Israelites are not the People of God:
- "God said, Call him Lo-ammi (meaning 'not mine'), for Israel is not My people and I am not her God" (Hosea 1:9; Jeremiah 5:10).

B) The OT Faithful Believers the People of God:
- "I will take you for My people, and I will be your God: and you shall know that I am the Lord your God, who has brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians" (Exodus 6:7: Deuteronomy 27:9).

C)
The NT Faithful Believers are also the People of God:
- "As God also said in Hosea, I will call Gentiles My people, who were not My people; and her who was not beloved, I will call My beloved, and in the place where it was said to them, You are not My people, there they will be called Sons of the living God" (Romans 9:25-26).

- "What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God has said of us, I will dwell in them, and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (II Corinthians 6:16, Ephesians 4:12; 5:3; II Thessalonians 1:10).

- "Our Saviour Jesus Christ gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and to purify for Himself a people all His own who are zealous to do good works" (Titus 2:14).

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It appears Dave Taylor likes to take Scriptures to correspond to what he wants to believe.. He has taken them out of context, and even changed the words to fit what he wants to make them say what he want.

Anyone can play that game. An example of the Dave Taylor method:

Matthew 27:3 "Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders.
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Luke 10:34 "...and Jesus said, Go, and do thou likewise."

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dispy said:
It appears Dave Taylor likes to take Scriptures to correspond to what he wants to believe.. He has taken them out of context, and even changed the words to fit what he wants to make them say what he want.

Anyone can play that game. An example of the Dave Taylor method:

Matthew 27:3 "Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders.
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Luke 10:34 "...and Jesus said, God, and do thou likewise."

LOL...hey, I see people study their bibles this way every day...isnt it appalling????? LOL

Judas went out and hung himself....what you do , do quickly...and Go thou and do likewise....LOL LOL...Im surprised there isnt a church of the "lets go hang ourselves" cuz its IN the bible....LOL LOL

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
eph3Nine said:
LOL...hey, I see people study their bibles this way every day...isnt it appalling????? LOL

Judas went out and hung himself....what you do , do quickly...and Go thou and do likewise....LOL LOL...Im surprised there isnt a church of the "lets go hang ourselves" cuz its IN the bible....LOL LOL

Why all the LOL's? What is so funny?

Even if your systerm were true your attitude towards others discredits it.

God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
xenia said:
Why all the LOL's? What is so funny?

Even if your systerm were true your attitude towards others discredits it.

God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

Now, now...lets not get snarly. It actually IS funny that people dont give more thot to what makes sense than they actually DO! Since most people DONT study their bibles the way God tells us to, and they DO apply nonsensical things to themselves that God clearly isn't doing any longer...this kind of thing happens every day! Once youv'e explained it to them and they reject it over and over...what else can it be but funny...its sooooo clear...and yet people will trip all over themselves to simply avoid the words on the page. Go figure...human nature is incredibly funny...the many ways we try and kid ourselves....oh me, oh my. God certainly had us figured out to the T, didnt he?;)

Pride has nothing to do with it, xenia...its just the plain simple facts of the matter. "the heart IS deceitful and desperately wicked..." but mankind is still passing the buck and blaming everyone but himself for poor choices and even poorer reading skills. This is why religion is sooooo dangerous. It would be so much easier if people would JUST believe God, and stop "spiritualizing everything" until it no longer makes any sense at ALL.

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dave Taylor said:
No need for additional inserted commentary or persuasive external explanations.

Jesus said to the chief priests and elders of the Jewish people: "I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it" (Matthew 21:43).

Hey Dave, quite a number of quotes... let's start with #1 what "nation" would Jesus be referring to in this text? What is the word which Matthew used which is rendered "nation" in your text? Is "nation" the best rendereation for this word or is there a better translation which fits the context better? How do we get church from the word rendered "nation"?

Also did you want to discuss all these verses as they relate to "substitutionary theology", or were you just eating up bandwidth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.