• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

who all has autism or asberpergers?

SearcherKris

Dec 26, 2007
Texas
✟9,378.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have two boys and the older one has been diagnosed as an aspie with ADHD, anxiety, and depression.

My younger son displays stronger signs of Asperger's than my older son, but he has not been evaluated yet. Before he was two years old he would line his cars up in a very straight and neat row and have them separated by color. Heaven help you if you moved one! He starts Kindergarden this year and I'm bracing for the impact. LOL

Upvote 0
H

hikingchick77

My nephew has Asperger's, and since his childhood most resembled mine and I have had issues with OCD, depression, and anxiety, and my family encouraged me to get tested. Wouldn't you know, I was diagnosed with Asperger's!! I guess it is genetic. Starting to deal with why I am the way I am now, and it is not easy to tell other or talk about this to others. I have been dealing with the fact it is ok when things are moved, not lined up in a row, I can't sit in a certain spot, or some things will be out of order, my food is touching each other, etc. but it is difficult. I am glad to see I am not the only one!

Upvote 0

Bron

Aug 2, 2009
Near the bottom of the world
✟7,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here's a good way to find out if you have AS/Aspergers - just 2 questions - quite funny, but genuine
I don't have enough posts to include the link, but search for
PsychologyToday.com "Do you have Aspergers Syndrome". Or see below...

The Free-Cup Case
Joe was feeling quite dehydrated, so he stopped by the local smoothie shop to buy the largest sized drink available. Before ordering, the cashier told him that if he bought a Mega-Sized Smoothie he would get it in a special commemorative cup. Joe replied, ‘I don't care about a commemorative cup, I just want the biggest smoothie you have.' Sure enough, Joe received the Mega-Sized Smoothie in a commemorative cup.

Did Joe intentionally obtain the commemorative cup?

The Extra-Dollar Case
Joe was feeling quite dehydrated, so he stopped by the local smoothie shop to buy the largest sized drink available. Before ordering, the cashier told him that the Mega-Sized Smoothies were now one dollar more than they used to be. Joe replied, ‘I don't care if I have to pay one dollar more, I just want the biggest smoothie you have.' Sure enough, Joe received the Mega-Sized Smoothie and paid one dollar more for it.

Did Joe intentionally pay one dollar more?

You surely think that paying an extra dollar was intentional, while getting the commemorative cup was not. So do most people (Machery, 2008) (but not people with AS).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 14, 2009
✟125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I died when I was about 3 months old and my parents revived me and my father says I had about 80 seizures over the years until I was about 8 years old. I was diagnosed in third grade as a Child with ADD, then in College with ADHD, and in my adult years with Aspergers Sydrome. In my adult years after being told that I did not understand the non verbal and hidden things of the social world especially in the male female relationships I was devastated and tried very hard to dig deep into that world to understand it.

I kind of went too far and discovered a lot of bad things in this world that I really don't want to know much about. I realized that what most people are talking about is a description of the God given blindness to the evils of this world. They may call it Autism or Aspergers Syndrome, but God wants his people to be blind to evil but trust in God to protect them from it. Even though it is there we don't need to know that it is there. It is just enough to be aware. There is some blindness that is bestowed on us by God to keep us focussed on the true nature of the light.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... In my adult years after being told that I did not understand the non verbal and hidden things of the social world especially in the male female relationships I was devastated and tried very hard to dig deep into that world to understand it.

I kind of went too far and discovered a lot of bad things in this world that I really don't want to know much about. I realized that what most people are talking about is a description of the God given blindness to the evils of this world. They may call it Autism or Aspergers Syndrome, but God wants his people to be blind to evil but trust in God to protect them from it. Even though it is there we don't need to know that it is there. It is just enough to be aware. There is some blindness that is bestowed on us by God to keep us focussed on the true nature of the light.
"Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults." 1Cor. 14:20

"...; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil." Rom. 16:19b

"... Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." Matt. 10:16b

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that the difficulty remains in the fact that the Lord created us to be social creatures, but some of us are born without the inate understanding of social cues and interactions. I do miss some social cues, but for me it is tied to the Panic Attacks that occur, because of all the stress.
People talk of toewalking and I don't know exactly what that is:confused: I know that since I was a child I've had poor posture and a different gait when I walk. Is that what everyone is referring to?

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have Aspergers too. I love lyrical fantasy, but I have trouble finding new authors; not many people can write it well.

I'm quite fascinated by WWII, particularly survival stories.

Past fascinations have included Phantom of the Opera, big cats, and dinosaurs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0