• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

who all has autism or asberpergers?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a recently diagnosed Aspie. My focus (after practical Theology) is the figurative arts, including comic book art, figure drawing, action dolls [that is, redressable action figures], human morphology and sexuality. I like Boris Vallejo's style of art before it became demonic.

Mathematically, I know and like algebra, geometry & circular trigonometry.

Linguistically, I like etymology, onomastics, neology [inventing new words, when necessary] and phonetics.

I also like sudoku, logic grid puzzles & cryptograms.

All of these skills seem to find their way into my computer programming, system analysis and CAD efforts. My first programming project in high school was a complex base-shifting cipher that I developed in junior high school BEFORE learning of a computer's internal rationale, which is similar. IQ, 99th percentile.

Of my children,

20yo DS has high-functioning Kanner's(?),
16yo DD appears to have Asperger's,
13yo DD, low-functioning Kanner's, &
7yo DS appears to have Asperger's.

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have PDDNOS - not the complete spectrum (symptoms) of Autism, a diagnosis usually given to people in the Netherlands when they know something is wrong but not what.
I have high functioning Asbergers Syndrome. Joey Peters I am just wonderin what life with PDDNOS is for u caus I have a friend on CF who has a son with it :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
While you're waiting, see a natural trained Doctor. For under 100 she may be able to correct any possible unbalanced metabolisms before the others come up with a disgnoses. (diagnoses can take 4 years, while the remedy may take 3 weeks without even knowing the diagnoses, IF you can find a natural trained Doctor)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FLBear

Sep 17, 2008
NW Florida, USA
✟7,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Folks,

I'm an Aspie. Have fought my way thru life, by His grace, to last this 50 years. Wish they would have translated aspberger's papers 45 years ago.
Anyway, always knew I was different but couldn't find the diagnosis that fit. Only real problem is that I am also a misanthrope. Makes the brotherhood, descipleship, communing rather tough. :confused:

The Lord will help you get thru most anything. :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Folks,

I'm an Aspie. Have fought my way thru life, by His grace, to last this 50 years. Wish they would have translated aspberger's papers 45 years ago.
Anyway, always knew I was different but couldn't find the diagnosis that fit. Only real problem is that I am also a misanthrope. Makes the brotherhood, descipleship, communing rather tough. :confused:

The Lord will help you get thru most anything. :bow:

I have problems with the socializing in the church as well. I havn't attended regularly for a year plus which isn't good for my family as my husband won't take our baby girl without me:confused: Oh btw I am a mild to moderate undiagnosed aspie. My prime dx have been Panic Disorder and Social Phobia and I didn't find Aspergers till I was 42 so I do understand your feelings and struggles.

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,405.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
My fiance and I just started going to a different church the beginning of October, it's made a huge difference and much easier to go to. My previous church was big, had a big congregation, and they had two services in the morning (back-to-back) so there would be a ton of people around socializing because we went to the second service, and it would be very loud. I felt like I didn't know anyone, and was very lonely. It wasn't fun. They had 5 pastors and I didn't feel comfortable talking to any of them, especially the Senior Pastor, he really upset me a lot before, so we never made any wedding plans because of my anxiety.

The church we are going to now is smaller, and is more traditional. The Senior Pastor's great and we've been going to marriage prep and everything. My fiance is getting baptized this Sunday. I've visited a lot of churches so it took me a long time to find this one.

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0