White woman could spend a year in prison for calling police on black man

Should the woman spend a year in prison for calling police on a black man?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If that was true, every single rioter would be in jail now or facing charges. If this woman gets prosecuted it will solve nothing. Just more rancor. Which is alright I suppose in the long run since division is our decreed destiny. We are born for this.

Yeah well create a thread asking if rioters should be prosecuted and I’ll be sure to say yes.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 26:17 "Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not his own." If she wasn't hurting him, he was wrong to confront her. She may have been wrong about the dog but so what. He went looking for trouble and got away with it. She wouldn't have said a word if he hadn't confronted her. It escalated unnecessarily. I lived across the road from a park and often saw unleashed dogs running. If they weren't causing harm I never said a word to anyone. NOT my business. She is innocent. No one was hurt. No one needs to carry this any further. Someday soon people will wake up and say enough of this nonsense. I wait for that day.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t understand why we have to use ‘black’ and ‘white’ terms, why can’t we just say a man and a woman....if the woman involved had said ‘a man threatened her’, none of us would be having this conversation!

She was the one who turned this into a black and white issue by repeatedly telling the 911 operator "An African American male" She used it on purpose hoping it would spark the operator into a reaction.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I highly doubt your version of what she was attempting to do i.e. get someone beaten up. I won't rule it out but I can't just go there without better evidence than you have supplied. I do agree that it is always preferable to forgive. However, that is the particular man's prerogative that was involved in the incident. He seems unwilling for the woman to be further punished.

No one said she wanted him beaten up. Do you know the reasons for the protests of the passed month?
If she just wanted the man wrongfully arrested for bothering her about a leash, that would be ok....so what if he sits in jail for a while right?

But no, when she threatened to say that an african american man was threatening her.....this moved pass the desire for him to just sit in the jail.... She wanted him to be mistreated in some way on top of sitting in the jail....because anyone who watches tv or listen to the radio knows that there is a link between african american men, police, and violence. This is why the threat was a threat.....calling the cops when you know no wrong has been committed is no threat..... but today, being african america is a crime, of itself.....this is the only reason the threat is valid....and she knew this even if you dont.

She already lost her job and is considered a pariah by everyone that has seen the encounter on line. Hardly a slap on the wrist. The man she called the police on agrees with me on that point. If he is satisfied why should anyone else seek more punishment?

Where does it end? What happens if girls that are molested refuse to prosecute? More girls are molested. What happens when car thieves, caught in the act, are not turned in? More cars get stolen.

When crimes are committed, and we continue to let it slide, there is a potential for more of the same to continue and affect more people.

Surely you can understand why one would desire to have crime dealt with legally?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She should have leashed her dog. That's it. No crimes. She got scared and went a little overboard but no crimes. Nobody was hurt or has had any badness happen to them as a result of this except her. Any further prosecution is absurd and reinforces the evil.

This woman knew the history of police and african american men......This is the only reason why her threat was a threat and made sense to utter. For who else, without commiting a crime, would have any reason to fear the police being called. She wanted the police enraged before getting there....what better way to do that than to say what she said?

"Nobody was hurt?"??? She did not know or care whether anyone was hurt. SHe knew that an african american man was just murdered by the police for passing a fake $20. Cops was called on That person as well.

Threatening an innocent woman, trumps passing fake money.... She did not care what happened to the guy when the cops came..... the fact that the man walked away this time, doesnt lessen the motive or the crime.

• Agree
Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The woman used her gender and privilege in an attempt weaponize the police in order to get what she wanted, even though what she wanted was against the rules of the area.

If she had been successful, what could have happened to that man, another black man in the vicinity who the police approached while investigating the incident, or the officers themselves?

She deserves a fine, at least 6 months in jail, should relinquish her pets, and be barred from owning any for 3-5 years.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She knew exactly what she was doing. At a former time in history, her actions more than likely would have had him hanging from a tree. She wanted that man to know that she had both privilege and power. Something he doesn't have to the same extent as a black man in America. That's why she went into "code". Regardless of the current climate in America, (which has always been for African Americans), she could have cost that man his life at the hands of Law Enforcement.

IMO what she did should be prosecuted as a hate crime. What she did was no small thing and has horrific historical significance. She deserves every bit of a year and a hefty fine (10K). Maybe then people will think twice before they "weaponize" law enforcement and 911 against African Americans.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The woman tried to weaponize the police against an innocent man.

That sounds like attempted assault with a deadly weapon if you ask me.

If that sounds extreme, let's consider the fact that a few years ago there was a problem with online "Swatting", in which someone calls in a false report to get a swat team to come and break into another person's house. This resulted in not only incredible amounts of trauma to the victims, but also resulted in actual loss of life.

Using the police as a weapon to intimidate or assault another person should be considered assault with a deadly weapon, the "weapon" in this case being the police force.

Do I think a year is too long? Not at all. If anything she's getting off easy. Had the man ended up dead, I'd argue that she should be charged with manslaughter if not second or third degree murder.

Calling the cops with the intent to intimidate or to harm should be taken deadly serious.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one said she wanted him beaten up. Do you know the reasons for the protests of the passed month?
If she just wanted the man wrongfully arrested for bothering her about a leash, that would be ok....so what if he sits in jail for a while right?

But no, when she threatened to say that an african american man was threatening her.....this moved pass the desire for him to just sit in the jail.... She wanted him to be mistreated in some way on top of sitting in the jail....because anyone who watches tv or listen to the radio knows that there is a link between african american men, police, and violence. This is why the threat was a threat.....calling the cops when you know no wrong has been committed is no threat..... but today, being african america is a crime, of itself.....this is the only reason the threat is valid....and she knew this even if you dont.

Where does it end? What happens if girls that are molested refuse to prosecute? More girls are molested. What happens when car thieves, caught in the act, are not turned in? More cars get stolen.

When crimes are committed, and we continue to let it slide, there is a potential for more of the same to continue and affect more people.

Surely you can understand why one would desire to have crime dealt with legally?

I might change my mind on this perhaps you are right that anyone that makes a false claim of a crime or committs a crime should be sent to jail no matter how minor the offence or lack of actual harm that resulted form their actions. No matter what the alleged victim wants. If that is the case then they should be prosecuting Christine Blassy Ford, Jussie Smollet and everyone that wears a hands up, don't shoot shirt or carries a sign with that on it for falsely accusing someone of a crime they did not commit. All people that participated in rioting or looting or jaywalking or overstaying a curfew during protests should be hunted down and sent to prison for a couple years. Perhaps the death sentence for Andrew Cuomo for forcing nursing homes to take back residents that had been confirmed to have contracted Covid-19? And of course Donald Trump should be drawn and quartered for the crime of defeating Hillary Clinton in an election.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any indication that she will receive a year in prison?

Yes, she could, because that's the maximum penalty for the crime. A range of maximum/minimum penalties are set for most crimes, so that the judge has discretion for the facts of the case. But at least from my knowledge of the crime, it doesn't seem so brazen that it would warrant such a thing, but I suppose a judge could decide to go really harsh... but it doesn't seem likely.

That's assuming she's convicted of it anyway, as plea bargaining to a lower charge happens in most convictions.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) And of course Donald Trump should be drawn and quartered for the crime of defeating Hillary Clinton in an election.
Not drawn and quartered but maybe they should :mad: "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!" :mad:? :scratch:
tulc(just in the interest of fairness of course) :sorry:

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 26:17 "Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not his own." If she wasn't hurting him, he was wrong to confront her. She may have been wrong about the dog but so what. He went looking for trouble and got away with it. She wouldn't have said a word if he hadn't confronted her. It escalated unnecessarily. I lived across the road from a park and often saw unleashed dogs running. If they weren't causing harm I never said a word to anyone. NOT my business. She is innocent. No one was hurt. No one needs to carry this any further. Someday soon people will wake up and say enough of this nonsense. I wait for that day.
I think the days of people knowing enough to mind their own business may be over, except in the country. Country folks, in general, get that not everything is their business. But people who come out here from the cities don't understand that attitude it seems.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not drawn and quartered but maybe they should :mad: "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!" :mad:? :scratch:
tulc(just in the interest of fairness of course) :sorry:

Yelling in red? Better cut down on the caffeine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums