while researching the Passover and First Fruit subject...

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I came across this website which gives the current and future days of Jewish Holidays. But I am not understanding what the middle dates are about. Could anyone help me out?
Jewish Holidays | Hebcal Jewish Calendar
2017 - 2018
Pesach
Mar 31-Apr 1 Sa‑Su
Apr 2-5 M‑Th
Apr 6-7 F‑Sa

I was looking for the keeping of First Fruits/Wave Sheaf but was unable or not understanding how to find it. If I accurately understand it correctly,.. then First Fruits/Wave Sheaf has been completely dropped from the Jewish Calendar and if so, was it because of Yeshua's resurrection?

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I came across this website which gives the current and future days of Jewish Holidays. But I am not understanding what the middle dates are about. Could anyone help me out?
2017 - 2018
Pesach
Mar 31-Apr 1 Sa‑Su
Apr 2-5 M‑Th
Apr 6-7 F‑Sa

I was looking for the keeping of First Fruits/Wave Sheaf but was unable or not understanding how to find it. If I accurately understand it correctly,.. then First Fruits/Wave Sheaf has been completely dropped from the Jewish Calendar and if so, was it because of Yeshua's resurrection?
I found this:
The Mystery of the WAVE SHEAF OFFERING Revealed at Last!

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2017 - 2018
Pesach
Mar 31-Apr 1 Sa‑Su
Apr 2-5 M‑Th
Apr 6-7 F‑Sa

The temple was destroyed in 70 AD. There is no more sheaf waving ceremony, is there? No more daily sacrifice on the calendar either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The temple was destroyed in 70 AD. There is no more sheaf waving ceremony is there? No more daily sacrifice on the calendar either.
If you do away with one because of that ideology, then it doesn't make sense for the rest of the feast to be done away with too because of the temple.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you do away with one because of that ideology, then it doesn't make sense for the rest of the feast to be done away with too because of the temple.
They ate the Seder on Passover. They did not butcher the lambs in the temple. It is a long standing tradition. Someday someone or some people might have to flee slavery or persecution to another land. They ate it (lamb) in haste. Then they fled.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
They ate the Seder on Passover. They did not butcher the lambs in the temple. It is a long standing tradition. Someday someone or some people might have to flee slavery or persecution to another land. They ate it (lamb) in haste. Then they fled.
I am sorry but what has this to do with the missing feast?

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed