Which would you prefer?

Who should the congressman try to appeal to?

• White-Nationalists.

• Democrats.

• I can't decide.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,734,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I change my vote. The congressman should openly court the White Nationalists. I don't want him to win & it would make campaigning against him rather cut & dry.

Not saying he wouldn't still win, depends on the state.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,734,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,211,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This question goes all the way back to the Charlottesville incident, when many came out saying they wouldn't support Antifa just because they opposed Neo-Nazis.

Correct, and if you recall, I was one such person who came out against both the Nazis and Antifa.

However, this particular question wasn't a "Antifa v. Nazis", it was "Democrat v. Nazis".

I do, however, think it's fair to point out that the right wing media portrayal of the Charlottesville incident as being "Antifa v. Nazis" was a bit inaccurate, Antifa & BLM members made up a small percentage of the counter-protesters...as opposed to the "unite the right" protesters, for which, the lion's share of them were white nationalists.

They had to do that because they had to make it seem as if all parties involved were equally bad because to acknowledge that there was a left vs. right exchange in which the left side had the moral high ground, would've been viewed as "selling out" by their viewership who've been conditioned to think that the only two possible outcomes that are possible are "the left is wrong", or "everyone was wrong".

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,734,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to say it's irrelevant though.
That you don’t see its irrelevance would explain why you don’t see the problem with the OP. The question in the OP isn’t just asking which policy we prefer.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,211,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you had simply put "Neither, I'd not vote for someone who radically changed their policies to win" then the poll would be slanted very heavily in that favor.

If you're waiting for a candidate who doesn't radically change their policies to win, then you'll be waiting for quite some time. The ones who don't change their policies don't seem to win much (at least in presidential elections).

If you go to the "OnTheIssues" website and lookup both Hillary and Trump, Hillary has 180'd on about 50% of her policy positions between 2000 and present day, and Trump reversed his position on nearly everything with the exceptions of education & immigration between 2014 and election time.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,734,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There are 3 Democrats who would be very happy for a Republican to in desperation appeal to White Nationalists and lose big because of it?
Could be. But based on the OP and the poll, it would just be speculation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
There are 3 Democrats who would be very happy for a Republican to in desperation appeal to White Nationalists and lose big because of it?

It'd depend on who voted for it. Are who voted what visible after you vote?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If you're waiting for a candidate who doesn't radically change their policies to win, then you'll be waiting for quite some time. The ones who don't change their policies don't seem to win much (at least in presidential elections).

If you go to the "OnTheIssues" website and lookup both Hillary and Trump, Hillary has 180'd on about 50% of her policy positions between 2000 and present day, and Trump reversed his position on nearly everything with the exceptions of education & immigration between 2014 and election time.

Don't you mean Hillary is a flip-flopper while Donald Trump prudently and wisely surveyed the issues and came to the proper and correct position even, and this is very important, even if he later prudently and wisely came to the exact opposite position?

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Might have something to do with me not voting for either one of them. Also, Hillary's positions are kind of moot, since she was recorded stating that she had a public and a private opinion on issues.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That you don’t see its irrelevance would explain why you don’t see the problem with the OP. The question in the OP isn’t just asking which policy we prefer.

I think it specifically asks whether you prefer one policy to the other.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,734,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I think it specifically asks whether you prefer one policy to the other.
Then that’s the question you should have asked.

“Hey Republicans, what do you prefer?”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,211,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Might have something to do with me not voting for either one of them. Also, Hillary's positions are kind of moot, since she was recorded stating that she had a public and a private opinion on issues.

Well, I think that statement she made was definitely taken out of context...but that aside. Trump has sold out more of his positions that she has. Seems like many folks who are right leaning just simply can't bring themselves to admit that Trump is worse than Hillary on anything.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,734,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I believe I asked "Which would you prefer he appeal to?"

But not just to Republicans.
That’s different than whether I prefer one policy or another.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well, I think that statement she made was definitely taken out of context...but that aside. Trump has sold out more of his positions that she has. Seems like many folks who are right leaning just simply can't bring themselves to admit that Trump is worse than Hillary on anything.

Just because I'm to the right of Marx doesn't mean I'm a right winger. As for being taken out of context, the Intercept didn't seem to think that. In regards to one being worse than the other, they were both bad enough for me I voted 3rd party. On the other hand, you sort of sound like a sports fan whose team just got wrecked and you're trying to find something to hang your hat on.

Upvote 0