Which would you prefer?

Who should the congressman try to appeal to?

• White-Nationalists.

• Democrats.

• I can't decide.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian and a liberty loving American, I can't imagine why I would ever vote for a Democrat.

It doesn't seem very likely that I'd vote for a white nationalist, but not everything a white nationalist would do would be related to white nationalism.

For instance, while I wouldn't agree with his white nationalism, if he favored lower taxes or returning those things the Constitution says are reserved to the states to the states, those two good things wouldn't just automatically become bad things because he believes in white nationalism.

So, while it's hard for me to imagine a scenario in which I'd vote for a white nationalist, if he was right on other things, I'd have to vote for him over a Democrat.

So you should vote White-Nationalist.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. There is no expectation at all that you'd vote for him. I specifically said that to Hank, and this thread is open for liberals to vote on, even if they won't vote for him. The question is which do you prefer, not which will get your vote?

If you prefer post 18 gives different scenario.

But realistically, given how well McCain, Flake, Corker, and Kasich have been received by their party of late, I really don't think 'standing up for their values' is particularly a virtue in today's GOP.
If the poll wasn’t disingenuous then, a fourth option would be “Neither”. Because if a voter isn’t going to support either candidate, why would they care?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If the poll wasn’t disingenuous then, a fourth option would be “Neither”. Because if a voter isn’t going to support either candidate, why would they care?

Because the candidate might still win, and that policy may become law.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Because the candidate might still win, and that policy may become law.
You should go back and read the OP and the question you are asking.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The question is pretty much what I'm trying to ask. Where do you think there's a problem?
The question assumes I would have a preference. Why should I prefer one policy over another?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
But that’s not the issue.

Can you choose one option over the other?

If yes, choose that option. If no, select 'I can't decide'.

Is there nuance I'm missing? If you can't decide, why doesn't 'I can't decide' cover that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I voted democrats...

Even if one doesn't like democrats, are we really at a place in society where people honestly look at white nationalists and democrats and say "gee, shucks, I just don't know who the lesser of two evils is"?

...or that enough conservatives hate democrats so much that they'll honestly refuse to say that democrats are better than Nazis?

C'mon folks, this should've been a no-brainer. Democrats are better than White Nationalists.

I wonder if @PeachyKeane was just doing a little social experiment here to gauge how far gone some republicans are ;)

Wanting to increase taxes, expand government programs, open borders, etc may be objectionable principles to some people (many democratic policies are at odds with my own viewpoints as well)...but, do people really think those things are on par with hating black people, pushing for a separatist culture, and promoting some conspiracy theory about how Jews run the world through corrupt banking practices?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Can you choose one option over the other?

If yes, choose that option. If no, select 'I can't decide'.

Is there nuance I'm missing? If you can't decide, why doesn't 'I can't decide' cover that?
The question is what policy would I prefer my candidate support in order to win election. So the issue isn’t that I can’t decided. My decision would be neither (which is a viable choice), or I just won’t vote for him. Why would I vote for someone who is selling out just to get votes?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I voted democrats...

Even if one doesn't like democrats, are we really at a place in society where people honestly look at white nationalists and democrats and say "gee, shucks, I just don't know who the lesser of two evils is"?

...or that enough conservatives hate democrats so much that they'll honestly refuse to say that democrats are better than Nazis?

C'mon folks, this should've been a no-brainer. Democrats are better than White Nationalists.

I wonder if @PeachyKeane was just doing a little social experiment here to gauge how far gone some republicans are ;)
So you are wanting the Republican candidate to win?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The question is what policy would I prefer my candidate support in order to win election. So the issue isn’t that I can’t decided. My decision would be neither (which is a viable choice), or I just won’t vote for him. Why would I vote for someone who is selling out just to get votes?

But it's not your decision, it's the candidate's. I'm only asking which you would prefer. Even if you were unable to vote you should still have preference on the candidate's policy. One of these two policies is going to be part of the platform, and may eventually be pushed into law. Which do you prefer?

If you are unable to choose either option then you can't decide.

Honestly, I'm not sure why that's difficult.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you are wanting the Republican candidate to win?

Without knowing the rest of the hypothetical policies about this hypothetical candidate...if we're operating on the premise that I, initially, do want him to win, I can't think of a single policy for the White Nationalists/Nazi/KKK that I'd want my candidate supporting. If he did pander to those groups, then I'd want him to lose and change my vote to vote against him.

Basically, I think (and I could be wrong) this poll was meant to highlight a major logic flaw among a good sized portion of the GOP voter base. The fact that people are saying "I can't decide" or "I'm not going to vote on the poll at all" shows that GOP voters have been so conditioned to view "all things democrat" as an enemy, that they'll actually suggest that "Democratic policies vs. White Nationalist/KKK policies" is an ideological & ethical toss up, or at the very least, refuse to even publicly acknowledge the fact that democrats are better than Nazis out of fear of being labelled as a "RINO"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But it's not your decision, it's the candidate's. I'm only asking which you would prefer. Even if you were unable to vote you should still have preference on the candidate's policy.

If you are unable to choose either option then you can't decide.

Honestly, I'm not sure why that's difficult.
Okay, what is my interest in the candidate’s decision? Tell me why, as a voter, I should care.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I voted democrats...

Wanting to increase taxes, expand government programs, open borders, etc may be objectionable principles to some people (many democratic policies are at odds with my own viewpoints as well)...but, do people really think those things are on par with hating black people, pushing for a separatist culture, and promoting some conspiracy theory about how Jews run the world through corrupt banking practices?

That's not the question, although I think that's what he wants to be able to claim.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Without knowing the rest of the hypothetical policies about this hypothetical candidate...if we're operating on the premise that I, initially, do want him to win, I can't think of a single policy for the White Nationalists/Nazi/KKK that I'd want my candidate supporting. If he did pander to those groups, then I'd want him to lose and change my vote to vote against him.

Basically, I think (and I could be wrong) this poll was meant to highlight a major logic flaw among a good sized portion of the GOP voter base. The fact that people are saying "I can't decide" or "I'm not going to vote on the poll at all" shows that GOP voters have been so conditioned to view "all things democrat" as an enemy, that they'll actually suggest that "Democratic policies vs. White Nationalist/KKK policies" is an ideological & ethical toss up, or at the very least, refuse to even publicly acknowledge the fact that democrats are better than Nazis out of fear of being labelled as a "RINO"

This question goes all the way back to the Charlottesville incident, when many came out saying they wouldn't support Antifa just because they opposed Neo-Nazis.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Or, as some have pointed out, there is a flaw in the question.

Upvote 0