Which would you prefer?

Who should the congressman try to appeal to?

• White-Nationalists.

• Democrats.

• I can't decide.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
A hypothetical for you.

A Republican congressman is running for re-election. He is quickly finding that he will be unable to defeat his opponent without appealing to either White Nationalists, Neo-Nazis and the KKK, or to Democrats. The congressman is going to introduce campaign policy that will appeal to one of these two groups. Which would you prefer he appeal to?

If you don't like hypotheticals, feel free to check "I can't decide".

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you can't decide among the options?
Back in 2016 I had someone call me for a poll. There was one question that I couldn't provide any answer to because, as I explained to the caller, I didn't have enough information about that subject. OK, the caller says and asks me several more questions...then asks me the same question as before just wording it differently, they did that twice before I told them we were now done.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Can we have examples of policies that appeal to either side?

For instance, making skin color a factor when vetting immigration visas for the White-Nationalists. Creating a series of government-issued college scholarships for children from households making less than $75,000 annually for Democrats.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Back in 2016 I had someone call me for a poll. There was one question that I couldn't provvide any answer to because, as I explained to the caller, I didn't have enough information about that subject. OK, the caller says and asks me several more questions...then asks me the same question as before just wording it differently, they did that twice before I told them we were now done.

So I have two more tries?

Do you think the pollster put you down as undecided? Those are the options: Option A, Option B, I can't decide between Option A and Option B.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A hypothetical for you.

A Republican congressman is running for re-election. He is quickly finding that he will be unable to defeat his opponent without appealing to either White Nationalists, Neo-Nazis and the KKK, or to Democrats. The congressman is going to introduce campaign policy that will appeal to one of these two groups. Which would you prefer he appeal to?

If you don't like hypotheticals, feel free to check "I can't decide".
That's 4 groups.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does "I can't decide" sound about right? From here, it really seems like you can't decide.

What option would you like? I'm not going to put it in, but you might as well tell.
I thought you'd never ask. :rolleyes:
I'd prefer that he/she just be straight forward honest about what they really believe and intend to try to accomplish. So when I check them out what they are saying now agrees with what they were saying before and their voting record if applicable.
I'm more likely to vote for that person, even if I don't agree with them on everything, than I am for the one who mucks up their witness with platitudes and white lies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I thought you'd never ask. :rolleyes:
I'd prefer that he/she just be straight forward honest about what they really believe and intend to try to accomplish. So when I check them out what they are saying now agrees with what they were saying before and their voting record if applicable.
I'm more likely to vote for that person, even if I don't agree with them on everything, than I am for the one who mucks up their witness with platitudes and white lies.

I didn't ask whether you'd vote for them, only which policy direction you'd prefer (in case he's elected). And the thing is, I'm not asking you to make the decision, only which of the two decisions you would prefer. I'm not asking for your dream politician, but which policy you'd prefer from the politician you got.

Presumably, this politician wants to be elected, and thus he has to appeal to one side or the other in order to win.

So let me rephrase it just for you: This politician, in an attempt to appeal to both sides, has already proposed policies that appeal to White Nationalists and Democrats. He then stands up and says that he is not going to be political about it, and will only follow those policies that he truly believes in and that he knows you want. So he is getting rid of one of the policies. He's only keeping the policy he really thinks is important, and that he is proud to stand behind.

Do you prefer he keeps the policy that appeals to White Nationalists, or the policy that appeals to Democrats?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status