Which Great City should be considered Babylon?

Which Great City is Babylon?

• New York

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • London

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Los Angeles

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Babylon

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Jerusalem

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Rome

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Something Else

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Being a preacher for 30 years doesnt mean anything. Plenty of people preach. World is full of them buddy. So many think only they have the knowledge or the truth! Even these forums have many like you who say they know the truth. And they nearly always have all different interpretations, views, opinions on scripture! :doh:
So true.

upload_2017-9-19_16-16-15.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am surprised that Jerusalem got as many votes as it did.
Jerusalem is mentioned 3 times in Revelation... not the New Rome, or New New York, or New London or New Babylon.
The New Jerusalem would make an interesting study..............

Rev 3:12
“He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God.
And I will write on him My new name.

Rev 21:2
Then I, John,[fn] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy City Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

And just like in Revelation 17:3, a spirit again carries him away, just as Ezekiel is carried away in Ezek 8:3! Oh the wonder of His Word!

Ezekiel 8:3
He stretched out the form of a hand, and took me by a lock of my hair;
and the Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven, and brought me in visions of God to Jerusalem,
to the door of the north gate of the inner court, where the seat of the image of jealousy was, which provokes to jealousy.
[Revelation 17:3/Revelation 21:10]

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What does it mean the City became 3 parts and the cities of the nations fell?

[YLT] Rev 16:19
And it came -- the great City -- into three parts, and the cities of the nations did fall,
and Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give to her the cup of the wine of the wrath of His anger,

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean the City became 3 parts and the cities of the nations fell?

[YLT] Rev 16:19
And it came -- the great City -- into three parts, and the cities of the nations did fall,
and Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give to her the cup of the wine of the wrath of His anger,
Put the parts together, what happens at the Seventh Vial? Jesus returns, thus we know he lands on the Mt. of Olives (Mt. Zion) and it splits into just as Zechariah 14 says.

Zechariah 14:3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

In verses 1 and 2 we see the Seals being opened as they Conquer Jerusalem, ravish the women and take the people captive. (Think Rev. ch. 6) then the two verses that I pasted are Vials 6 and 7, Jesus returning and conquering those Nations that have gathered against Israel/God.

Now I will paste the whole passage in Revelation.

Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. 17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. 18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great (Jerusalem OF COURSE See Zechariah 14:4).

19 And the great city was divided into three parts ( Earthquake splits the Mountain and the City), and the cities of the nations fell {Who were Gathered against Israel & God? }: and great Babylon came in remembrance (You see, I am not just Guessing, this is scriptural, we just have to put off the Traditions of men and SEEK the truth) before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

What gets me is people actually still claim its Mystery Babylon when the Angel revealed the Mystery (which only means Secret by Gods Silence) to us in Rev. 17:8-18 and told us he was about to TELL US everything about the Harlot and the Beast she was riding.

Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

So we are told in verses 8-18 who the Harlot is and who the Seven Headed Beast is, but yet people still call it a Mystery, and still can not see the Explanation clearly.

The Seven Headed Beast is explained, it is the Beast powers of Daniel plus Egypt and Assyria, we know it has to be Egypt and Assyria because it stated Five have FALLEN and ONE IS (Rome). So if Five had FALLEN before Rome then Babylon, Persia and Greece doesn't fill in the gap, there is two more, who could they be. Well by understanding what a Beast off Daniel is, a Kingdom that Conquers, Enslaves or Rules Israel, its pretty easy to figure out the other two Kingdoms were Egypt who Enslaved Israel and Assyria who took the 10 Tribes away captive.

Why did God change the Seven Heads to Seven Rulers (OROS, Mountains who arise) that are Seven Kings of who FIVE has Fallen (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia and Greece) ONE IS (Rome) and ONE who is YET TO COME (Anti-Christ/Little Horn/Beast). So why did God do this? Why did God reduce the Kingdoms to Kings who had FALLEN etc. etc.?

Because the Last Beast Head is a MAN !! He starts the Kingdom, and he is the one that FALLS, Unlike all the rest of the, he is the lone King of the Kingdom, thus God REDUCED (10/20, 5/10, 1/2) the Kingdoms to Kings to let us know this Last BEAST will be ONE MAN, and when he is Killed that will end once and for all Satan's rule on earth. There will be no mistake, we will know that this Anti-Christ/BEAST will not pass his Kingdom on all all the others before him did. Does this match Daniel ch. 7 ? Of course it dies...........

Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns (10 European Kings), and, behold, there came up among them another little horn (Ant-Christ/BEAST), before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down (Rev. 20:4 Judgment Seats), and the Ancient of days (Jesus) did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened (End Time Event).

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain (Rev. 19:20), and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame (Revelation 19:20).

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts (Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome,) they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

As per the Rest of the Beasts spoken of by Daniel, they lost their POWER/DOMINION, but they all lived on for a Season and a Time. Babylon was where Alexander the Great chose to live, he died there also, so they lived on for a little while before they became a barren land. Persia is Iran today, Greece is still a country, and Rome is still around basically Italy is Rome, none have Great power or Dominion, but the all LIVED ON for a time and a Season........BUT.......The last Beast DIES and as soon as he loses his Dominion he is cast straight into hell, just like Rev. 19:20 says.

Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.(In Daniel 7:11 it says the BEAST is cast into the BURNING FLAME !! )

In Rev. 20:10 we are told the BEAST is a Man, not Satan the Devil....

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So the BEAST is a MAN. That is why God reduces/changes the Seven Headed Beast into the Seven Kings..........

The Harlot is explained also, that is much easier to decipher.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
It means something to me it might not mean anything to you. Being a servant of God means I respect Paul, Peter, and all men who serve God, are there men who are not of Gd that claim to be, of course, that means you have to use the Holy Spirit to understand the difference, but then again that is your job, not mine, I understand how to test the spirits to see of they be of God.

As per "Different Interpretations" you are JOKING RIGHT? On Babylon you get 200 different ideas per every thread what Babylon is, with absolutely mostly bunk and junk offered up for proof. I offer the truth via the Scriptures, not by guessing. The PROOF that most are not called to Prophecy is the fact that people of Christ have 100's of interpretations of Revelation. They are a HAND trying to be a FOOT. Which never works out. Be what you are called to be, everyone has a calling and 99 percent are not called unto Prophecy.

I am called to Prophecy and understand every part of Revelation and Daniel. Way too many preachers dabble in it and mislead many, that is true, because they are not called to Prophecy. The Sep. 23 "SIGN" is a case in point, its Astrology, and Christians are Partaking in it. It boggles my mind.

God Bless you brother.....

You are called to prophecy. But by who? Prophets are two a penny these days buddy.

30 years of preaching doesn't mean anything in reality as there have been thousands of preachers who thought they were guided by God. Look at all the opinions on Revelation! Nearly all the people think theirs is the only correct one!

Look, God may be guiding you my friend. Who knows? I hope He is.

For me, I believe that most of Revelations happened a long time ago. The partial Preterist view just fits! All the jigsaw pieces fit! The history of it fits! If you look into it properly it throws out all of the doom and gloom that is supposedly going to happen!

Jesus came and conquered. He beat evil. He beat the devil. The way you make out Revelations is to say that Jesus did not win! Jesus said it is finished. I believe Him. He completed what He came to do.

I believe Revelation was written before 70AD. It points towards that date and also the persecution of Christians via Nero etc etc.

I don't claim to hear God, or be a prophet. I dont claim to be a theologian. I am a massive sinner, yes. I just truly believe that many people have got Revelation wrong. They are reading it with modern eyes. With a modern brain. The way it was written was normal for those of that time.

These days, people are looking at it in the completely wrong way!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You are called to prophecy. But by who? Prophets are two a penny these days buddy.
You sound a wee bit off this morning brother. Not knowing who calls us to the Kingdom is.....

1 Corinthians 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

I find it amusing that you actual question a brother you do not know, something is off beat about that. Its like the Accuser in Heaven beating me over the head, I don't get it TBH.

30 years of preaching doesn't mean anything in reality as there have been thousands of preachers who thought they were guided by God. Look at all the opinions on Revelation! Nearly all the people think theirs is the only correct one!
Of course 30 years of preaching means something, its service unto our Lord. As per all the OPINIONS on Revelation, maybe that is because people have missed their callings !! Some are trying to be things they are not called to be.

Look, God may be guiding you my friend. Who knows? I hope He is.

For me, I believe that most of Revelations happened a long time ago. The partial Preterist view just fits! All the jigsaw pieces fit! The history of it fits! If you look into it properly it throws out all of the doom and gloom that is supposedly going go happen!

Now I understand the hostility, of sorts, even if you are somewhat unawares, it is there towards all who question your understanding, it seems, even if you don't see it.

No Preterist view fits Revelation or the bible in general. Daniel 12:1-2 tells us that the "Times of Troubles" Jesus spoke of happen at the time the Saints are resurrected and rewarded.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

So this TIME OF TROUBLE could not have been 70 AD.............You have just missed the mark on that brother. Clearly at the Time of Trouble we see the Rapture happens in verse 2, and that did not happen in 70 AD. The only thing in Revelation that has happened is Revelation chapters 1-3, the rest are future events.

Jesus came and conquered. He beat evil. He beat the devil. The way you make out Revelations is to say that Jesus did not win! Jesus said it is finished. I believe Him. He completed what He came to do.
And because Jesus defeated Satan (who was always defeated) that means this world is supposedly under Christ now I suppose is your suggestion? Then why did Paul say that Satan is the god of this world? And why does God take over The Kingdoms in Revelation?

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rev. 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

So Satan is STILL the god of this World until Rev. 11:15. Christ made it possible for individuals to overcome our FLESH CURSE, he did not make it mandatory, he made it optional, and by looking at the world what do we see? A Christ centered world or a Satan centered world? I see the later.

Jesus was speaking about the Sacrifice being finished. In Revelation chapter 16 the Angel declares, IT IS DONE !! That is when Satan is defeated once and for all, and locked into a pit, he is released to test those who were never tested, but he never regains a Kingdom.

I believe Revelation was written before 70AD. It points towards that date and also the persecution of Christians via Nero etc etc.
You believe that of course because everything has TO FIT, and that's the only way to make it fit. By looking honestly at Daniel 12:1-2, one has to change his opinion on 70 AD being the Times of Troubles Jesus spoke of.

Daniel 12:1-2, Matthew 24 15-22 and Rev. 12:6-17 all match up as END TIME EVENTS.

I don't claim to hear God, or be a prophet. I dont claim to be a theologian. I am a massive sinner, yes. I just truly believe that many people have got Revelation wrong. They are reading it with modern eyes. With a modern brain. The way it was written was normal for those of that time.

These days, people are looking at it in the completely wrong way!
Yet 90 percent of the Church disagree with you, or more. One thing I have learned is the fringe thinking is always wrong, because God doesn't lead the masses into error. I do not know why you chose to believe in this manner, its usually a person that influences people into this type of thinking, and no one can ever show them the errors of their thinking. We are all sinners, but we should be taught by the Holy Spirit, not men, and the Holy Spirit is not teaching us Revelation happened 2000 years ago. I think the PRIDE of Men make us stay in wrong ideas, we can't ever be wrong. I understood that long ago my ideas and the Holy Spirits ideas are different, hes always right and I am right just some of the time, even if 75 percent, I still get things wrong.

I spent a year studying Babylon the Great and the Harlot, my Blog was GREAT !! I thought, it stated that ROME was that Great City, but I had to go back within a month or two and Admit that I WAS WRONG, because that Great City was BABYLON, and God had revealed that to me. I did not like saying I studied a year and was Wrong, but I WAS WRONG....So who cares, I am just a man, made of flesh, and God is God.

I do not claim to be a Prophet, I am called to understand Prophecy, so you might call my gift Wisdom, or a Word of Knowledge. I do not think God needs TRUE Prophets these days, His word is already out there.

God Bless....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
You sound a wee bit off this morning brother. Not knowing who calls us to the Kingdom is.....

1 Corinthians 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

I find it amusing that you actual question a brother you do not know, something is off beat about that. Its like the Accuser in Heaven beating me over the head, I don't get it TBH.

Of course 30 years of preaching means something, its service unto our Lord. As per all the OPINIONS on Revelation, maybe that is because people have missed their callings !! Some are trying to be things they are not called ton be.

Now I understand the hostility, of sorts, even if you are somewhat unawares, it is there towards all who question your understanding, it seems, even if you don't see it.

No Preterist view fits Revelation or the bible in general. Daniel 12:1-2 tells us that the "Times of Troubles" Jesus spoke of happen at the time the Saints are resurrected and rewarded.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

So this TIME OF TROUBLE could not have been 70 AD.............You have just missed the mark on that brother. Clearly at the Time of Trouble we see the Rapture happens in verse 2, and that did not happen in 70 AD. The only thing in Revelation that has happened is Revelation chapters 1-3, the rest are future events.

And because Jesus defeated Satan (who was always defeated) that means this world is supposedly under Christ now I suppose is your suggestion? Then why did Paul say that Satan is the god of this world? And why does God take over The Kingdoms in Revelation?

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rev. 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

So Satan is STILL the god of this World until Rev. 11:15. Christ made it possible for individuals to overcome our FLESH CURSE, he did not make it mandatory, he made it optional, and by looking at the world what do we see? A Christ centered world or a Satan centered world? I see the later.

Jesus was speaking about the Sacrifice being finished. In Revelation chapter 16 the Angel declares, IT IS DONE !! That is when Satan is defeated once and for all, and locked into a pit, he is released to test those who were never tested, but he never regains a Kingdom.

You believe that of course because everything has TO FIT, and that's the only way to make it fit. By looking honestly at Daniel 12:1-2, one has to change his opinion on 70 AD being the Times of Troubles Jesus spoke of.

Daniel 12:1-2, Matthew 24 15-22 and Rev. 12:6-17 all match up as END TIME EVENTS.

Yet 90 percent of the Church disagree with you, or more. One thing I have learned is the fringe thinking is always wrong, because God doesn't lead the masses into error. I do not know why you chose to believe in this manner, its usually a person that influences people into this type of thinking, and no one can ever show them the errors of their thinking. We are all sinners, but we should be taught by the Holy Spirit, not men, and the Holy Spirit is not teaching us Revelation happened 2000 years ago. I think the PRIDE of Men make us stay in wrong ideas, we can't ever be wrong. I understood that long ago my ideas and the Holy Spirits ideas are different, hes always right and I am right just some of the time, even if 75 percent, I still get things wrong.

I spent a year studying Babylon the Great and the Harlot, my Blog was GREAT !! I thought, it stated that ROME was that Great City, but I had to go back within a month or two and Admit that I WAS WRONG, because that Great City was BABYLON, and God had revealed that to me. I did not like saying I studied a year and was Wrong, but I WAS WRONG....So who cares, I am just a man, made of flesh, and God is God.

I do not claim to be a Prophet, I am called to understand Prophecy, so you might call my gift Wisdom, or a Word of Knowledge. I do not think God needs TRUE Prophets these days, His word is already out there.

God Bless....

You admit you was wrong once so must admit you could be wrong yet again!

I understand you have spent a long time in study but it's obvious to me that you have gone down the wrong path in your belief of Revelation. Many, like you, who spend a long time in a 'trough' of belief are loathed to step out of it as they have given so much time and energy to it.

As I said, I am a partial Preterist. I still believe that Jesus will come again but, I also believe that most of Revelation has been and gone.

You interpret it differently to me. Others interpret it differently. Look at the different beliefs about the rapture and tribulation etc etc.

You are saying that only YOU have the correct view of Revelation! If I had money for every time a different person has said what you have claimed! :doh:

As I said before, people read scripture and twist it or interpret it to suit their beliefs etc. They look at it through modern 'glasses' so to speak.

As you said, I do not know you. Does that mean I should not question your beliefs? There are several people in the world today who are 100% convinced they are Jesus! They say they have proof of it! Some have big followings too! They too think they have the answer. They too believe they have read scripture correctly while others are at fault.

You have your view, I have mine. If you believe you are led via the Holy Spirit then so be it. I wish you all God's love.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You admit you was wrong once so must admit you could be wrong yet again!
I understand the difference between MY IDEAS and revelation from the Holy Spirit, they are two entirely different things brother. Once the Holy Spirit speaks to me on a subject a pack of mules could not sway me into another direction. But the Holy Spirit doesn't reveal all things unto us, especially when we want it revealed. We all want to know everything, of course. Remember Daniel kept asking for more understanding and the Angel says, go thy way Daniel, for this will be locked up until the End Time. So me not understanding everything is like saying Einstein's theory's weren't always correct, well yes, that is why we as humans are limited. But God is never wrong. The Theory of relativity by the way (just for kicks) is in the very first verse of the bible. In the Beginning (Time) God created the Heaven (Space) and the Earth (Matter).

I understand you have spent a long time in study but it's obvious to me that you have gone down the wrong path in your belief of Revelation. Many, like you, who spend a long time in a 'trough' of belief are loathed to step out of it as they have given so much time and energy to it.

Yes but you are a fringe Preterist, and all you can do is profess I have gone down a wrong path, IMHO, only because you believe different. You can't cite the reasons. I understand everything in Revelation pretty much, there are a few minor things like the book John eats that I have never spent much time worrying about. I understand Revelation is only in order per the Seals, Trumpets and Vials and per the 4th, 5th, 7th and 19th Chapters as per the church in Heaven. So we have two subsets of order.

The Church in Heaven these are in order per the Church.
1. Fourth Chapter
2. Fifth Chapter
3. Seventh Chapter
4. 19th Chapter

Actions on Earth during the Tribulation.
1. Seals in ch. Six.
2. Seal and Trumpets in ch. eight.
3. The two Woes in ch. nine.
4. The Final Woe and two witnesses dying in ch. 11 (Minor part)
5. The Seven Angels ready the Seven vials in ch. 15
6. The Seven Vials are poured out in ch. 16

Visions of things that begin in Chapter Six.
1. Rev. ch. 12 is the Woman (Israel) fleeing at the midway point.
2. Rev. 13 is the Beast arising out of the Sea (Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem...Israel Flees)
3. Rev. 14 is the Harvest (Same a Rev. 16 and Rev. 18)
4. Rev. 17 is the Harlot being Destroyed, the Anti-Christ does this in Rev. ch. 6.
5. Rev. 18 is Babylon (World) getting hit with the Seals/Trumpets and Vial Judgments. (Rev. 6)

Rev. chapters 1, 2 and 3 are the Seven Churches in Asia Minor of course.

As I said, I am a partial Preterist. I still believe that Jesus will come again but, I also believe that most of Revelation has been and gone.

You interpret it differently to me. Others interpret it differently. Look at the different beliefs about the rapture and tribulation etc etc.
There is but ONE WAY.....and its very obvious to those in the Spirit. Any who say Revelation is past events lose all cred with me right off the bat. They can not offer proofs, because there are none.

You are saying that only YOU have the correct view of Revelation! If I had money for every time a different person has said what you have claimed!
I am humble, so through much hard work and prayer God chose to use me in that manner, what can I say, God chose to use many people, even when God used Daniel and Moses their were NAY SAYERS speaking against them, that's life.
As I said before, people read scripture and twist it or interpret it to suit their beliefs etc. They look at it through modern 'glasses' so to speak.
Lets change this a wee bit, Satan blinds many with lies and deception, God has people He uses and shares truths with, and always has had people in the know.

As you said, I do not know you. Does that mean I should not question your beliefs? There are several people in the world today who are 100% convinced they are Jesus! They say they have proof of it! Some have big followings too! They too think they have the answer. They too believe they have read scripture correctly while others are at fault.
The Spirit TESTIFIETH of the SPIRIT..........What do you think that means? It means that those indwelt with the Holy Spirit recognize others with the same message from God. You even placing that about Jesus in the REPLY proves you do not think critically. We know Jesus is coming in the Eastern Skies, he told us this, so what do I care about someone claiming to be Jesus? That very fact means hes NOT OF THE SPIRIT doesn't it? That means the Spirit can not TESTIFY of him as being TRUTHFUL. So you wouldn't even bring that up, if you understood how it works in full, its not about the HUMAN MIND, its about the Holy Spirit which quickens us in all of our ways. If we are deceived its because we are looking to the FLESH....and not unto the Spirit. The Holy Spirit never told anyone that the book of Revelation are past events IMHO...NEVER.

You have your view, I have mine. If you believe you are led via the Holy Spirit then so be it. I wish you all God's love.

I don't have a view, its highly immoral for a man to spread his own view and foist it off as Gods view. I have the Holy Spirit that I follow, and what he tells me to say, I speak. When something is my learned understanding I SAY IT...

Luke 21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
(The wine of fornication are her dogmas, her doctrines, her idolatries, her religious witcheries, her BEAST which is enthroned in the Vatican City, and so on.)

In other words, you absolutely MUST defame Catholics, even though it was the Catholic Church that brought you the Bible in the first place.

Now, for my knowledge, what dogmas are you specifically saying is against the Bible? Be specific, and please quote from the Catechism of the Catholic Church as well as the Bible.

Same thing with idolatries, doctrines, religious witcheries, and her Beast. I will give you one week. Bet you can't do it!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We realize that Revelation 17 and 18 are using "Symbolic" terminology.

OH! Thank you for explaining that. But could you tell me why the Bible has to be taken literally, except for Revelation, and the mentions of Bread and Wine becoming Body and Blood?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Put the parts together, what happens at the Seventh Vial? Jesus returns, thus we know he lands on the Mt. of Olives (Mt. Zion) and it splits into just as Zechariah 14 says.

Which Mount Zion?

Lower Eastern Hill (City of David)
At first, Mount Zion was the name given to the Jebusite fortified city on the lower part of ancient Jerusalem's Eastern Hill, also known as the City of David.[1]

According to the Book of Samuel, Mount Zion was the site of the Jebusite fortress called the "stronghold of Zion" that was conquered by King David, then renamed and partially rebuilt by him as the "City of David", where he erected his palace.

Upper Eastern Hill (Temple Mount)
Once the First Temple was erected at the top of the Eastern Hill, the name "Mount Zion" migrated there too.

After the conquest of the Jebusite city, its build-up area expanded northward towards the uppermost part of the same, Eastern Hill. This highest part became the site of Solomon's Temple.

The identification of the pre-Israelite (Jebusite) and Israelite towns on the Eastern Hill is based on the existence of only one perennial water source in the area, the Gihon Spring, and on archaeological excavations revealing sections of the Bronze Age and Iron Age city walls and water systems.
The "Mount Zion" mentioned in the later parts of the Book of Isaiah (Isaiah 60:14), in the Book of Psalms, and the First Book of Maccabees (c. 2nd century BC) seems to refer to the top of the hill, generally known as the Temple Mount.

Western Hill (today's Mount Zion)
180px-JerusalemTopography.png

Natural topography of the old city of Jerusalem and its surroundings.
The last shift of the name Mount Zion was to the Western Hill, which is more dominant than the Eastern Hill and seemed to first-century AD Jerusalemites the worthier location for the by-then lost palace of King David. The Western Hill is what today is called Mount Zion.

In the second half of the First Temple period, the city expanded westward and its defensive walls were extended to include the entire Western Hill behind them. Nebuchadnezzar II destroyed the city almost completely around 586 BC, severing the continuity of historical memory. A long period of rebuilding followed, ending with Jerusalem's second total destruction at the hands of the Romans in 70 AD. Josephus, the first-century AD historian who knew the city as it was before this second catastrophic event, identified Mount Zion as being the Western Hill, separated from the lower, Eastern Hill, by what he calls the "Tyropoeon Valley". It must however be said that Josephus never used the name "Mount Zion" in any of his writings, but described the "Citadel" of King David as being situated on the higher and longer hill, thus pointing at the Western Hill as what the Bible calls Mount Zion.

Good Grief! None of those locations are similar to Mount Olivet. The Mount of Olives is one of three peaks of a mountain ridge which runs for 3.5 kilometres (2.2 miles) just east of the Old City across the Kidron Valley, in this area called the Valley of Josaphat. The peak to its north is Mount Scopus, at 826 metres (2,710 feet), while the peak to its south is the Mount of Corruption, at 747 m (2,451 ft). The highest point on the Mount of Olives is At-Tur, at 818 m (2,684 ft).[4] The ridge acts as a watershed, and its eastern side is the beginning of the Judean Desert.

Come again?

Don't you hate it when some nit-picker comes in and blows away your theology?

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am humble, so through much hard work and prayer God chose to use me in that manner, what can I say, God chose to use many people, even when God used Daniel and Moses their were NAY SAYERS speaking against them, that's life.

Boy oh boy! We have a real winner on our hands here! May I touch you? Or are you too holy. ANY time someone tells me that God has revealed to him/her alone what a certain passage of the Bible means, I turn, and walk away.

OOOOPs! Please forgive the sarcasm. And if you are defending God, please use proper spelling. You said, "God used Daniel and Moses their were NAY SAYERS." The proper spelling of that word is THERE, as it is showing a location.
Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

Lee Stuvmen

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
✟30,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OH! Thank you for explaining that. But could you tell me why the Bible has to be taken literally, except for Revelation, and the mentions of Bread and Wine becoming Body and Blood?

I didn't explain anything.

I simply stated obvious fact.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In other words, you absolutely MUST defame Catholics, even though it was the Catholic Church that brought you the Bible in the first place.

Now, for my knowledge, what dogmas are you specifically saying is against the Bible? Be specific, and please quote from the Catechism of the Catholic Church as well as the Bible.

Same thing with idolatries, doctrines, religious witcheries, and her Beast. I will give you one week. Bet you can't do it!
I place the Anti-Catholic people who insist the Pope is the False Prophet and the Church is the Beast and the pro Islamic is the Beast and the Anti-Christ comes from there in the same Basket, they are both clueless. Both are head fakes led by people who have no clue.

The hierarchy of the Church is a problem IMHO, but the doctrine per se is of Christ. But we have many leader in many denominations that have problems. Likewise the Islamic angle is wrong, the bible tells us the Anti-Christ is born in Greece and arises in the Fourth Beasts territory.

Out of 404 verses 289 use Old Testament Phraseology, this is done on purpose, you need to understand the Old Testament to understand the book of Revelation. Why did God do this? Well for one God did not want Rome, who was persecuting the early church to understand what he was relaying to the Churches via John.

The WOMAN (Israel) in Rev. 12 is encoded so Rome would not see God as PROTECTING ISRAEL, whom Rome had just destroyed along with its temple. Rome would have seen this as sedition/treason. Rome being called country that God was going to destroy was NO GOOD, so God used Beast Heads etc. etc.

Which Mount Zion?
What does it matter? Hes coming and hes going to split in into. That is all I care about. The rest is trivial trivialities unto me.

So are you calling Zechariah a LIAR?

Boy oh boy! We have a real winner on our hands here! May I touch you? Or are you too holy. ANY time someone tells me that God has revealed to him/her alone what a certain passage of the Bible means, I turn, and walk away.

OOOOPs! Please forgive the sarcasm. And if you are defending God, please use proper spelling. You said, "God used Daniel and Moses their were NAY SAYERS." The proper spelling of that word is THERE, as it is showing a location.
Lord have mercy!

You might need to, you seem to like mocking people. If you do not hear from the Holy Spirit, THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD !! Not with mine.

Who cares about typos? You seem to have a problem brother, that is on you, not me. I make typos all the time then go back and correct them if I have time. Jesus would see your actions as like unto the Pharisees. Its the message that matters sir.

You need to learn about the Holy Spirit if he never Speaks to you.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,767.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds good to me. Thank God I live in Texas :ebil:
I believe the SDA's also view the Pope and Rome in Revelation, as did M. Luther I think.
Have you been to the Eschatology board yet?

is the Vatican the woman riding the beast in rev 17?
is the Vatican the woman riding the beast in rev 17?

Matt 23:
35 “that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee,

38 “See! Your house is left to you desolate;

I don't think the people in the Vatican cast dust upon their heads, but then again, anything is possible.

Rev 18:
19 And they cast dust upon their heads and cried out, lamenting and mourning, saying "woe! woe! the City, the great, in which are rich all the ones having the ships in the sea out of the preciousness of Her, that to one hour She was desolated
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

History records few events more generally interesting than the destruction of Jerusalem, and the subversion of the Jewish state, by the arms of the Romans. -- Their intimate connexion with the dissolution of the Levitical economy, and the establishment of Christianity in the world ;..............

.......In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings.
Thus was this great City, which only five months before, had been crowded with nearly two millions of people, who gloried in its impregnable strength, entirely depopulated, and levelled with the ground

Reve 9:
5 And was given to them that not they should be killing them, but that they should be being tormented five months
And the torment of them as torment of a scorpion/skorpiou <4651>, whenever it should be striking a man;

>>>Sounds good to me. Thank God I live in Texas :ebil:
I believe the SDA's also view the Pope and Rome in Revelation, as did M. Luther I think. Have you been to the Eschatology board yet?<<<
If you are speaking of another topic, no, I have not.

>>>is the Vatican the woman riding the beast in rev 17?<<<
The woman or the Great harlot is the Roman Catholic Church which rides upon the Beast enthroned in the Vatican City, the Pope.

>>>Matt 23:
35 “that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah; O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, 38 “See! Your house is left to you desolate;<<<
First, JESUS made a judgment in this case and gave a sentence, and left a great mystery or enigma to be deciphered. The mystery is: Why would the Jews is judged and condemned by the shed blood of Abel, if Israel did not yet exist? Are they guilty of Abel's murder as well? Yes, yes, they are really. Who is their father? JESUS left very very clear saying to them: (John 8:44) Ye are of your FATHER the Devil, and the lusts of your FATHER ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. The Devil was a Cherub and he was the government of Eden and leaded the rebbellion in The Garden of God. Cain was born of Devil (1John 3:10-12), the Father of the Jews, however, of the same woman which gave birth to Cain, the Almighty God made her to give birth to Abel, and the Devil killed him.

>>>I don't think the people in the Vatican cast dust upon their heads, but then again, anything is possible. Rev 18: 19 And they cast dust upon their heads and cried out, lamenting and mourning, saying "woe! woe! the City, the great, in which are rich all the ones having the ships in the sea out of the preciousness of Her, that to one hour She was desolated. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.<<<

The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of prophecy. (Rev.19:19-21) 19 And I saw the BEAST, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the BEAST was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the BEAST, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. (THIS PROPHECY WILL FULFIL LITERALLY in this first century of the seventh and last millennium in which we are living, that is the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of Truth, and the Millennium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the Millennium of Vengeance, the Last Millennium or Last Day.)
21 And the remnant will be slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which Sword proceeded out of his MOUTH:(the powerful Word of God) and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

>>>The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
History records few events more generally interesting than the destruction of Jerusalem, and the subversion of the Jewish state, by the arms of the Romans. -- Their intimate connexion with the dissolution of the Levitical economy, and the establishment of Christianity in the world ;..............
.......In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings. Thus was this great City, which only five months before, had been crowded with nearly two millions of people, who gloried in its impregnable strength, entirely depopulated, and levelled with the ground<<<
Yes, remembering what JESUS said: "I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Isra’el before the Son of Man comes"Mat.10:23. JESUS did know that the nation of Israel would go to be devasted and destroyed from the year 70 to 1.948, there would be no cities to go through it for 1,878 years of punishment in exile, in fulfillment of the plagues written in Deut. 28: 15-68. Furthermore, there would not be any chance of the manifestation of the messiah which the Jews are waiting until the present time, which in truth is a false messiah, an imposter, an usurper, even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

That means "in my humble opinion," which is a pretty loaded statement. Here you are, claiming to be humble. I like Humility. But anyone that says "in my humble opinion" is NOT being humble. Far from it!

So, let's just drop all the protestations of humility, and say what you really mean.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,767.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is possible that this great city(if it is Jerusalem) will not be fully corrupted until the emd of the 1000 year riegn of Christ

Based in the Word of God, the source of the truth, on God's six days of creation and one day of rest (a total of seven days) plus the Scriptures that teach that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years (Psalm 90:4; II Pet. 3:8; Heb. 4:4) so mankind will go through six God days of 1,000 years each (a total of 6,000 years) plus a Millennium of 1,000 years rest (now a total of 7,000 years).

In accord biblical Chronology, we can number our days, beginning in Genesis chap.5, as follow::

Adam lived …............................ 130 yrs and begat Seth

Seth lived .................................105 yrs and begat Enosh;
Enosh lived ................................ 90 yrs and begat Kenan;
Kenan lived.................................70 yrs and begat Mahalalel;
Mahalalel lived ...........................65 yrs and begat Jared;
Jared lived ...............................162 yrs and begat Enoch;
Enoch lived ................................65 yrs and begat Methuselah;
Methuselah lived.......................187 yrs and begat Lamech;
Lamech lived ............................182 yrs and begat Noah;
From Noah´s birth until the Flood. 600 yrs.
Total of yrs from Adam to the Flood = 1.656 yrs.

I work with the Word of God. Notice that the table above is proved by the Word of God, it is not of human theories or human speculations. Let us study the times until our days not by human theories and speculations, but by the Word of God. So, see the table below:

PERIODS OF BIBLICAL TIMES -------------------- DURATION
I - From Adam until the Flood------------------- 1,656 years (as was showed above)
II - From the Flood until Abraham------------- 427 years
III - From Abraham until Exodus---------------- 430 years
IV - From Exodus until king Saul ---------------- 396 years
V - From Saul until the fall of Jerusalem ------- 508 years
VI - From the fall of Jerusalem until Jesus ----- 587 years

Thus, from Adam until the 1st coming of Jesus-4,004 years

From Jesus until our days (Christian Calendar)-2,017 years

Total from Adam until our days ------------------ 6,021 years

Jesus came in the fourth Day of God's week or around 4.000 years after the creation of the first Adam. From JESUS (fourth Day) until our days, have passed more two Days of the week of God, totalizing 6 complete Days or six milleniums, or around 6.000 years, more precisely 6.017 years, conform Christian Calendar pointing 2.017 years. We have entered in the first century of the seventh and last millennium, or seventh and last Day of God's week, that is the Great Sabbath, the millennium of Christ, that is the Millennium of Truth, and the Day of the Lord, and the Day of Vengeance, and the Day of Judgment.

And God Father already entered in His rest, as He had planned in the beginning of His works, but He is not sleeping, of course, and JESUS assume the government of the Universe. JESUS is now sat on His Tribunal, the Judgment Seat of Christ, to Judge all nations, taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not His gospel, who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power.

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever. (Rev.11:15)

In the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord will be established in the top of the mountains, and it will be exalted above the hills; and people will flow unto it. And many nations will come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

The kingdom of God comes not with observation, neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. And there was war in heaven (heaven(s) is not the physical space of the Universe-(sky), but celestial place(s) in Christ or Dispensations Eph.1:v.3) : Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And they (Michael and his angels) overcame him (overcome Satan and his angels) by the blood of the Lamb (by the blood of JESUS), and by the word of their testimony; and they, (inclusive Michael) loved not their lives unto the death.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,767.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The most important is the Word of God not mine. There is no word more powerful than the Word of God. What says the Word of God against the the Great harlot, the Roman Catholic Church which ride upon the BEAST, the pope?
Rev. 17:1-18.
1 Come hither;
I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb,
and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me,
The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
18:1-6
18 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I understand the difference between MY IDEAS and revelation from the Holy Spirit, they are two entirely different things brother. Once the Holy Spirit speaks to me on a subject a pack of mules could not sway me into another direction. But the Holy Spirit doesn't reveal all things unto us, especially when we want it revealed. We all want to know everything, of course. Remember Daniel kept asking for more understanding and the Angel says, go thy way Daniel, for this will be locked up until the End Time. So me not understanding everything is like saying Einstein's theory's weren't always correct, well yes, that is why we as humans are limited. But God is never wrong. The Theory of relativity by the way (just for kicks) is in the very first verse of the bible. In the Beginning (Time) God created the Heaven (Space) and the Earth (Matter).

Yes but you are a fringe Preterist, and all you can do is profess I have gone down a wrong path, IMHO, only because you believe different. You can't cite the reasons. I understand everything in Revelation pretty much, there are a few minor things like the book John eats that I have never spent much time worrying about. I understand Revelation is only in order per the Seals, Trumpets and Vials and per the 4th, 5th, 7th and 19th Chapters as per the church in Heaven. So we have two subsets of order.

The Church in Heaven these are in order per the Church.
1. Fourth Chapter
2. Fifth Chapter
3. Seventh Chapter
4. 19th Chapter

Actions on Earth during the Tribulation.
1. Seals in ch. Six.
2. Seal and Trumpets in ch. eight.
3. The two Woes in ch. nine.
4. The Final Woe and two witnesses dying in ch. 11 (Minor part)
5. The Seven Angels ready the Seven vials in ch. 15
6. The Seven Vials are poured out in ch. 16

Visions of things that begin in Chapter Six.
1. Rev. ch. 12 is the Woman (Israel) fleeing at the midway point.
2. Rev. 13 is the Beast arising out of the Sea (Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem...Israel Flees)
3. Rev. 14 is the Harvest (Same a Rev. 16 and Rev. 18)
4. Rev. 17 is the Harlot being Destroyed, the Anti-Christ does this in Rev. ch. 6.
5. Rev. 18 is Babylon (World) getting hit with the Seals/Trumpets and Vial Judgments. (Rev. 6)

Rev. chapters 1, 2 and 3 are the Seven Churches in Asia Minor of course.

There is but ONE WAY.....and its very obvious to those in the Spirit. Any who say Revelation is past events lose all cred with me right off the bat. They can not offer proofs, because there are none.

Lets change this a wee bit, Satan blinds many with lies and deception, God has people He uses and shares truths with, and always has had people in the know.

The Spirit TESTIFIETH of the SPIRIT..........What do you think that means? It means that those indwelt with the Holy Spirit recognize others with the same message from God. You even placing that about Jesus in the REPLY proves you do not think critically. We know Jesus is coming in the Eastern Skies, he told us this, so what do I care about someone claiming to be Jesus? That very fact means hes NOT OF THE SPIRIT doesn't it? That means the Spirit can not TESTIFY of him as being TRUTHFUL. So you wouldn't even bring that up, if you understood how it works in full, its not about the HUMAN MIND, its about the Holy Spirit which quickens us in all of our ways. If we are deceived its because we are looking to the FLESH....and not unto the Spirit. The Holy Spirit never told anyone that the book of Revelation are past events IMHO...NEVER.

I don't have a view, its highly immoral for a man to spread his own view and foist it off as Gods view. I have the Holy Spirit that I follow, and what he tells me to say, I speak. When something is my learned understanding I SAY IT...

Luke 21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Well, you say you have the Holy Spirit directing you but many people say the same thing! They are two a penny buddy!

Preterist view can be backed up with evidence. You think your evidence is correct. I think the Preterist evidence is correct. I have looked at all the different opinions on Revelation and the one with the best evidence, for me, is the Preterist view. It ties together much better than your personal view.

The example of what I said about people claiming to be Jesus is the same as what you say about having the truth about Revelation. They are 100% convinced they are Jesus. You are 100% convinced you have been guided by the Holy Spirit! They think they are right. You think you are right.

God bless you

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That means "in my humble opinion," which is a pretty loaded statement. Here you are, claiming to be humble. I like Humility. But anyone that says "in my humble opinion" is NOT being humble. Far from it!

So, let's just drop all the protestations of humility, and say what you really mean.
IMHO means Honest brother...............Well I looked it up and you are right, its Humble. But ts irrelevant since I am a humble guy. :sunglasses:

And you can say in my humble opinion and be humble. I would guess anyone that is humble and stated that would still be humble, in my case I always assumed it was HONEST so that means that I am ignorant of calling myself humble. I actually thought LOL was Lots of laughs until about 3 years ago. LOL.

Why do you feel the need to go off subject? Can you not argue against my HUMBLE PROWESS :cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.