Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He says they are now come to …now present seated with Christ in heavenly places

And we read

2 Corinthians 5: 1. For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

And we are now in spirit seated with Christ and we shall all appear before God in heaven.

Ephesians 2: 6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:”
Amen to this. Certainly when we exercise my praying and praising spirit I am seated with Christ above it all.

Our position is with Him when we come forward to the holy of holies in our regenerated spirit.
When we come forward on earth to the throne of grace in His presence with our inner man.

Here we need to learn to abide and live always.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember...

Having Children outside of marriage is a sin. The Marriage must take place *before* the Redeemed can become Born Again.
I wonder if your analogy will be good if taken too far.
Regeneration must take place before the marriage of the Bridegroom Christ with His church the Bride.

To match the Lord we first have to receive His life - regeneration.
Then we must have that life spring up within us as from an internal fountain to fill all our being.
Then we must be swallowed up by life.

Being born of divine life, filled with divine life, saturated with life, consummed with divine life, raised and transfigured with divine life
then we are ready to match the Bridegroom in every way as His Bride.

Jehovah God did refer to the unregenerated Israelites as His spouse a number of times,
(Isa. 54:6; Jer. 3:1; Ezek. 16:8; Hosea 2:19).

The New Testament says regenerated are collectively the spouse and/or are presented as pure virgin to Christ.
(2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 5:31-32). The type came first and the anti-type, or the reality of the type came afterward.

John the Baptist referred to the encrease of followers of Jesus being the encrease of the Bridgegroom with His bride.

He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices with joy because of the bridegroom’s voice. This joy of mine therefore is made full.

He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:29,30)

What do you think about regeneration and redemption being virtually simultaneous ?
the spirit is life because of righteousness. (Rom.8:10b)

Ie. the human spirit being made alive in regeneration because the righteous requirement for redemption is fulfilled.
The small s human spirit and the capital S Holy Spirit become mingled as one when we are joined to the Lord through redemption.

He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit. ( 1 Cor. 6:17)

My point is that being born again precedes the marriage in God's revelation.
It is not the other way around.

Having said that, I do acknowledge the before regeneration in the OT and probably as John the Baptist
was ministering God looked upon Israel as His spouse and the growing of Jesus disciples as the formation of Christ's bride.

How do you mean the Father begetting children before the marriage is akin to fornication?
They have to be children with the life of God before they can become the matching wife of the Lamb. Right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0