Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Could you have a category for 'no rapture' too please ? I know there are others who think this too, and it would be good to have us for reference.
How is no rapture a biblical concept? Are the saints at the return just going to immediately all die, and then resurrected?

That is the amil position.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mkgal1, done. You have been added to Covenant Theology.

There is a huge difference between Reformed Covenant Theology, and New Covenant Theology, with many modern Christians not knowing the distinctions.

Reformed Covenant Theology often claims the ten commandments were given to Adam in the garden.
However, how could Adam have committed adultery, and who would he have committed it with?
How could Adam honor his mother, since he had no mother?

They also tend to claim the Sabbath day was changed from the last day of the week, to the first day of the week, without any scriptural support.

Many times its proponents claim the New Covenant is merely a "renewal" of the Old Covenant.

The Westminster Confession of Faith, and the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith are two documents used by promoters of Reformed Covenant Theology.

========================================

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,818.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Could you have a category for 'no rapture' too please ? I know there are others who think this too, and it would be good to have us for reference.
That is where I fit, too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,818.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How is no rapture a biblical concept? Are the saints at the return just going to immediately all die, and then resurrected?
No we Christians will meet the Lord and then be with Him in the holy Land for the Millennium.
By 'no rapture' we mean; we never go to live in heaven. Just as Jesus said. John 3:13

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Llleopard
@keras

I added "No rapture" category. And placed you and Keras listed under that category in the opening post. Thanks for your participation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Timtofly
@BABerean2
@keras

Please do not go down the road of arguments in this thread.

Take the opportunity to start another thread on "no rapture". It will give you an opportunity to express yourself there and debate the merits of your thinking on the subject.

BABerean2, I know you were not talking about "no rapture", but I am trying to keep spin-off discussions getting started and from obscuring the main objective of the thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is a huge difference between Reformed Covenant Theology and New Covenant Theology
I'm new to most of these labels....but what I quoted is the Catholic and Orthodox variety of Covenant Theology. Wouldn't that be different than reformed protestant Calvinism covenant theology? I'm in the process of listening to the video that you and CG shared.

***Douggg let me know if this discussion is too much off topic and I will start a new thread.

Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm new to most of these labels....but what I quoted is the Catholic and Orthodox variety of Covenant Theology. Wouldn't that be different than reformed protestant Calvinism covenant theology? I'm in the process of listening to the video that you and CG shared.
mkgal1, this is what I am talking about to BABerean2 in my post #126 about spin off discussions becoming thread(s) within a thread. Could everyone please resist the urge.

Start some other threads. It would work out best for you as well.

***Douggg let me know if this discussion is too much off topic and I will start a new thread.

please, that would be great !

• Friendly
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Well, I'm optimistic Amil or pessimistic Postmil and Historicist.

I use a "scale of certainty," ex. I'm certain that the Bible is the word of God. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most certain, I'm a 10 when it comes to holy scripture. When it comes to my views on eschatology I'm more like a 6 or 7. I'm open to change and correction.

I hope to make a short series of posts on my site that cover some of the mismatched views and opinions I hold.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No we Christians will meet the Lord and then be with Him in the holy Land for the Millennium.
By 'no rapture' we mean; we never go to live in heaven. Just as Jesus said. John 3:13

Does that include all Christians for the last 2000 years plus the O.T. saints?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I'm optimistic Amil or pessimistic Postmil and Historicist.

I use a "scale of certainty," ex. I'm certain that the Bible is the word of God. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most certain, I'm a 10 when it comes to holy scripture. When it comes to my views on eschatology I'm more like a 6 or 7. I'm open to change and correction.

I hope to make a short series of posts on my site that cover some of the mismatched views and opinions I hold.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
Okay, JM. I listed you in the appropriate categories in the original post. Thanks for your participation.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,818.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I added "No rapture" category. And placed you and Keras listed under that category in the opening post. Thanks for your participation.
Would you please clarify; No rapture to heaven.
Because there is a rapture of sorts, between earthly locations, as prophesied in 1 Thess 4:17

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,818.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Does that include all Christians for the last 2000 years plus the O.T. saints?
Yes. Earth is our home and we never leave it.
Eventually God and therefore heaven comes to us. Revelation 21:1-7

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Llleopard
@keras

Would you please clarify; No rapture to heaven.
Because there is a rapture of sorts, between earthly locations, as prophesied in 1 Thess 4:17
Keras, you are in such a minority regarding that view, if not the only person I have heard express it in my 50 years of being a Christian, that I don't want to customize with that specific.

If you can get Llleopard to agree with you, that's what he wants to - then I will change it.

In the other categories, just about everyone has some refinements and qualifiers that they have expressed, that if I started making those sort of distinctions one category could quickly grow to 6 or 7 subcategories.

So I am going to decline making No rapture to No rapture to heaven, until you get some more supporters desiring the same change.

What i think is that when people see your name under "No rapture" is that they will think you don't believe a rapture in the traditional sense - which the rapture in the traditional sense is to heaven.

Do you want me to keep your name there, or take it off ? Or wait to see if Llleopard responds ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am non-dispensationalist as well.

Do you promote the Two Peoples of God distinctions between the Church, and Israel?

Do yo ignore the link between faithful Israelites, and faithful Gentiles found in the one Olive Tree of Romans 11?

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm :) lol.. what about those people.. you know... well look behind you over there in the back pew. As if they don't like being around others. You know those rebels? Say someone comes up makes this group of some sort and when asked to join they say? A.. na pass.

Sad to say.. I might be one of those haha. All that's needed here is } = Body of Christ! AWESOME HUH!

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,818.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In the other categories, just about everyone has some refinements and qualifiers that they have expressed, that if I started making those sort of distinctions one category could quickly grow to 6 or 7 subcategories.
What you really need is a category for every individual, because no one has the exact view of Bible prophecy as another person.
Do you want me to keep your name there, or take it off ? Or wait to see if Llleopard responds ?
I don't care.

Upvote 0